Chords played in "Sean's Theme" from Minority Report?

HenryH

What are the chords that are played in the "chorus" of "Sean's Theme?" I really like that key change that John-boo pulls...it's one of those, "rewind and listen to that junk again, Mr. Biscuit...it really caught my ear...or ears, since I can't tell which ear it's catching."

I can't seem to find any sheet music on the internet or in books. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chords that are played in the "chorus" of "Sean's Theme?" I really like that key change that John-boo pulls...it's one of those, "rewind and listen to that junk again, Mr. Biscuit...it really caught my ear...or ears, since I can't tell which ear it's catching."

I can't seem to find any sheet music on the internet or in books. Any help would be appreciated.

If you send me the mp3, I'll tell you.

I'm at work and hence not near a keyboard but I transcribed this piece once before so let's see if I remember-

It's in Gmin first off.

There's a pick-up note, an A that moves to Bb on the Gmin7 chord

So it goes:

Gmin7 | Dmin7 | Gmin (6/4 inversion)| Dmin7 | er, I'll figure the rest out in a bit.

I'll actually just post a notated ver of it with chord symbols above it later on.

The Sean's theme has clearly been influenced bij Mahler's 5th.

Say what??? I'm very well versed on Mahler's 5th Symphony (have the reduced score) and i'm wondering WHAT part of it sounds like Sean's Theme. If anything, Williams takes some of his voice leading and harmonies from Chopin, but nothing clearly derivative.