Which is your Favorite Chase Scene from Indiana Jones

mcdaid72000

Which Chase Scene is your Favorite  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Indiana Jones Chase Scene is your favorite

• Desert Chase(Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    • Mine Car Chase(Temple of Doom)
    • Schertzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra(Last Crusade)

I am not sure it this has been done before, but I wanted to see before the 4th installment of the film came out which Indiana Jones Chase Scene is your favorite? I have to vote for the Schertzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra because it is the coolest scene to me and Indy's father with him and trying to escape the Nazi's and everything. It is my favorite track out of the three Indiana Jones soundtracks too. It was done musically well too. Vote and tell me why you like that. I know it these will be your opinions, so I like to hear them. Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough decision between Motorcycle and Desert Chase, but I chose the latter. It's just brilliantly done, while the motorcycle chase is just a lot of the same thing. Having said that, I love both of them A TON! And musically, I like Scherzo much more.

Actually this has been done several times already . . . and twice by yours truly. <_<

But never mind.

All three are just FANTASTIC cues, but if forced to choose one I'd go with Desert Chase. This is a frenetic and action-packed John Williams piece brilliantly performed by the LSO. I can't get enough of it. Also, I just love the way this cue starts in the movie (when the loaded truck starts its journey) . . . great, simply great.

While I like all three pieces musically they fall in the order of the film release order.

Frankly I can't remember the motorcycle chase, apparently it was not that memorable.

Well, we could change the name of the General Board to Indy Board until mid-summer (but then we'd have to do it again in November in time for the DVD release).

We all knew this was coming almost a year ago.

Yeah, Yeah, but I just choose the three main chase scene's. It would be even harder for me to decide my favorite action scene. It would be a tie between a lot of the listed items and would probably be a long reply.

Are talking about the film or the score?

As a scene, Desert Chase wins easily. For music I would have to give it to "Scherzo".

Actually this has been done several times already . . . and twice by yours truly. <_<

But never mind.

All three are just FANTASTIC cues, but if forced to choose one I'd go with Desert Chase. This is a frenetic and action-packed John Williams piece brilliantly performed by the LSO. I can't get enough of it. Also, I just love the way this cue starts in the movie (when the loaded truck starts its journey) . . . great, simply great.

I think mcdaid is talking about the scenes, not the music.

But never mind.

Yes, you are correct Indy4 "Favorite Scene". Srry if I did not make that clear, but I like talking about the music too.

Scenes as a whole:

Desert Chase

Motorcycle

Mine Car

Cues:

Desert Chase

Mine Car

Motorcycle

But as far as the cues go, I agree with Luke, I'd take Belly of the Steel Beast over all three. And Indy's First Adventure.

Desert chase, of course. The motorcycle chase? Seriously? It's one of the film's minor and forgettable action sequences. Hell, just the scene in Castle Brunwald where Indy mows down three Nazis is more exciting than the motorcycle chase. The boat chase and tank sequence are much more legitimate candidates.

The mine car chase is also very nice.

Scenes as a whole:

Desert Chase

Motorcycle

Mine Car

Cues:

Desert Chase

Mine Car

Motorcycle

But as far as the cues go, I agree with Luke, I'd take Belly of the Steel Beast over all three. And Indy's First Adventure.

I think I agree on Belly of the Steel Beast. Just listened to it again and that last minute or so never fails to give me chills.

And I of course voted for Desert Chase.

Desert chase, of course. The motorcycle chase? Seriously? It's one of the film's minor and forgettable action sequences. Hell, just the scene in Castle Brunwald where Indy mows down three Nazis is more exciting than the motorcycle chase.

It was, in fact, a scene added later, in the editing stage, when Spielberg and Lucas thought there wasn't enough action in that part of the movie. Same as the Belly of Steel Beast scene - it was expanded in the last minute by Spielberg, who drew the storyboards to it on location (by the way, that was Spain right?)

Actually this has been done several times already . . . and twice by yours truly. :cool:

But never mind.

Yes, you are correct Indy4 "Favorite Scene". Srry if I did not make that clear, but I like talking about the music too.

Oh okay. It's still Desert Chase for me. :)

It still is not clear to me if this is about the scenes or the music. If it's about the scenes, then the motorcycle chase should come dead last.
Yes, you are correct Indy4 "Favorite Scene". (Sorry) if I did not make that clear, but I like talking about the music too.

Why not the boat chase in Venice then?

I think the Desert Chase, Mine Car Chase, Belly of the Steal Beast (scenes, not music) comparison is a more valid one but I didn't start this thread.