Favorite Unreleased Cue

Taikomochi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the film version of ET and Elliot seperate (as in the hospital scene). I also really love the Shirley Walker cue from Darkman - when the helicopter pursues Darkman on the rooftop. Gotta find that some day.

(lol I typoed garbageley Walker before and then edited it.)

1) Scherzo for Today

2) We're Looking Good!

3) Captain Hook Fanfare - part of the Ultimate War sequence in the movie

4) Jurassic Park - the part which is heard in the making of JP, where Horner shows the Montana Badlands

5) Harry Potter PS - Entry into the Great Hall

6) Last Crusade - The Joneses Tied Up

1) Scherzo for Today

2) We're Looking Good!

3) Captain Hook Fanfare - part of the Ultimate War sequence in the movie

4) Jurassic Park - the part which is heard in the making of JP, where Horner shows the Montana Badlands

5) Harry Potter PS - Entry into the Great Hall

6) Last Crusade - The Joneses Tied Up

I agree with your choices, especially #4, #6, and also the NBC News Fugue (not sure if that is an exact title, but it is the title of the copy I have. I have never heard We're Looking Good. Where could I find that if I wanted to?

Perhaps the film version of ET and Elliot seperate (as in the hospital scene).

Well it is released,on the Lazerdisk iso track and subsequent bootlegs.

K.M.Who recorded it himself

I forgot one:

Docking with Daedalus Space Station-Spacecamp

Horner's unreleased music to STAR TREK 2 and 3.

There's actually some good stuff in there. The cave showdown where Terrell kills himself and the eel leaves Checkov, the Genesis Cave reveal, and the Genesis sunset in III are all very good.

Don't forget the destruction of Genesis and the destruction of the Enterprise cues.

My current favorite is "Sirius Black's Escape". Why this one was not included on the commercial album is beyond me....

Is this from the 2CD bootleg with SFX? Is there another version floating around somewhere that I am not aware of?

Horner's unreleased music to STAR TREK 2 and 3.

There's actually some good stuff in there. The cave showdown where Terrell kills himself and the eel leaves Checkov, the Genesis Cave reveal, and the Genesis sunset in III are all very good.

Don't forget the destruction of Genesis and the destruction of the Enterprise cues.

Quite right. The shot of the Enterprise fireball is perfect, score and all.

"Stealing the Stones" from Temple of Doom (I really wonder why Williams left this amazing cue out of the original album)

Big LA orchestra + big LA chorus = big re-use fee! ;)

To keep this on-topic, Preparing the Trap from Goldenthal's Alien 3.

I thought Elfman did that score.

Yeah, he did Darkman, but once in a while he had Bartek or Walker do a cue when he would run out of time, and it's listed in the movie credits along with the cue title. Not ghostwriting! I think he's gotten much faster, so he doesn't need to do that. But Walker's cue was really fantastic. However, Walker said he gave her some material to work with, so the riff I love in it may very well be Elfman. Great of the man to credit her anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought Elfman did that score.

Yeah, he did Darkman, but once in a while he had Bartek or Walker do a cue when he would run out of time, and it's listed in the movie credits along with the cue title. Not ghostwriting! I think he's gotten much faster, so he doesn't need to do that. But Walker's cue was really fantastic. However, Walker said he gave her some material to work with, so the riff I love in it may very well be Elfman. Great of the man to credit her anyway.

Actually Jonathan Sheffer got creditted for additional music for Darkman.It says so in the credits. It doesn't say what cue.According to Ryan Keveaney it was for the Helicopter scene where Darkman was hanging on the rope running into traffic and buildings. Shirley Walker wrote a cue for Nightbreed not Darkman. It also says so in the credits. So you're wrong there. I hate when people give false info like that.