The Red Box

David Coscina

So this is what we should bug Lukas and co. to go for next. A complete anthology of all music (up to Elfman's) Spiderman that would include the Ray Ellis '60s Spiderman, the Stu Phillips' Amazing Spider-Man from the '70s (love the damn theme!), music from the '80s cartoon Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, and perhaps full recordings of Elfman's Spiderman 1 and 2. Yeah, I could dig that. Could you?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black Box should be the first four Batman scores, no doubt about it. Don't even worry about an extra disc--the animated series stuff should have its own release(s).

I'd pay for the complete Spider Man 3 score, which I just happen to like more than Elfman's (although there's no doubt his themes are better than Young's). It's insane that it's gone 100% unreleased.

The promos we have now, whilst great quality, are like a typical half hour Varese type release except that half of Lurie's stuff is duplicates of Young's original material.

Even though the studio is Paramount, I like my idea. A silver box with the complete scores to the first 6 Star Trek films.

I wouldn't buy a box with the Elfman Spider-Mans, but I'd definitely buy this.

How about a Pink box with all the Pink Panther scores??? Mancini would be chuffed ;)

An orange box with all the complete indiana jones scores

That would be a Brown box with Khaki.

Unless you live in Holland

Excellent choice Miguel. I hate the new packaging for Michael Torke's work. Thankfully, I've all the original ARGO CDs from the 1990s.

Even though the studio is Paramount, I like my idea. A silver box with the complete scores to the first 6 Star Trek films.

I wouldn't buy a box with the Elfman Spider-Mans, but I'd definitely buy this.

Count me in. ;)

Also a great idea by Ray Barnsbury. :)

The Gray Box - Jaws: The Music.

No, seriously, it's just like Superman. A classic Williams score that's been released in complete form but in poor sound quality, three sequel scores that are unavailable (except for the reissued Jaws 3D), and a practically identical degradation in quality with each film.

I think that Jaws - 25th Anniversary Edition's sound quality is quite acceptable, don't you? :)

I don't, not at all. Jaws is one of my favourite films and I've been extremely disappointed with the sound quality of the 25thA from day one.

Just sampling Jaws 2 makes this painfully obvious. The jump in quality is night and day.

A Black Box with every single non-Herrmann and unreleased Hitchcock score.

On second thought, just give us Family Plot and I'll be fine!

Or the Khaki Indy Box, or the Purple Potter Box.

Black Box with all the Batman movie scores, plus the Mask of Phantasm and three cd's worth of Shirley Walker's music from the Animated Series

Now I'd buy that faster than the Blue Box.