Oscar Chat 08?

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I watched it online with TVU player.

Does anyone know if it will be available on it again this year?

Saying that, you've probably got the right idea Stefan, it's just hard for me to break my little tradition.

Cheers.

This year, nothing special's happening IMHO, so I'm gonna sleep it over (the ceremony starts at 2:30am in this time zone) and look up the winners and losers tomorrow. :)

Giacchino will take it. Hey, if Santaolalla can rob both Williams and whoever was nominated last year of the prize than Giacchino whose infinitely better can nab it. Oh yeah.

I know Joey is already lamenting this prospect.

This would have been a good year for JW to win,no controversial PC movie to grab the score Oscar as consolation prize.

Next year, look for The Darfur Chronicles,starring Brad Pitt and George Clooney and watch Gustavo Santaollala grab best score again

Do you think Jonny Greenwood, had his score been allowed, would have won Best Score for There Will be Blood? I have a feeling he would have because his music was 1. mixed loudly in the film and 2. is unlike any of the other scores in sound.

Do you think Jonny Greenwood, had his score been allowed, would have won Best Score for There Will be Blood? I have a feeling he would have because his music was 1. mixed loudly in the film and 2. is unlike any of the other scores in sound.

No. I think Nick Cave and Warren Ellis would have won if their score for Jesse James was allowed to be nominated. It deserves to win too, best score of '07.

It's a stupid rule, that co-composed scores cannot be nominated. Just get rid of the rule and not nominate co-composed scores. But since the rule is not there, when an amazing co-composed score like Jesse James comes along, it can get what it deserves.

I guess I'm going to root for Atonement for Best Score.

I root for Daniel Day Lewis for Best Actor

I root for Helen Page for Best Actress because she's Kanadian and she scared me in Hard Candy

Giacchino will take it. Hey, if Santaolalla can rob both Williams and whoever was nominated last year of the prize than Giacchino whose infinitely better can nab it. Oh yeah.

it wont bother me, afterall 2007 is the worst year of the 00's,

it wont bother me, afterall 2007 is the worst year of the 00's,

there weren't any scores that you liked Joe?

Really happy for Marion Cotillard, Daniel Day Lewis and Marianelli. They were my favorites in their fields.

I think it's probably the first time since 1994 when Schindler's List that I'm not upset about the best score winner (well, I didn't really mind seeing Goldenthal and Corgliano winning), but 1994 was the last year that my favorite score actually won.

Worst year for the music cutting people off. If they wanted to save time they should just cut all the goddamn montages.

Hooray for Cotillard as well

There was that montage for Best Pictures, and they played four or five different cues. I really liked them all, but I wasn't familiar with any of them. Can anybody give me the names?

There was that montage for Best Pictures, and they played four or five different cues. I really liked them all, but I wasn't familiar with any of them. Can anybody give me the names?

I believe they were all from Dragonheart by Randy Edelman.

I believe they were all from Dragonheart by Randy Edelman.

it's the eternal Oscar Montage music .It is so majestic and generic at the same time

Show was meh. I find it annoying that they cut much of the host's involvement out in trying to bring the length down. Stewart was not bad, but had practically no room to be especially good.

Anyway, the only dissapointments I suffered were in the technical categories. Costumes, VFX, Sound, Sound editing all went to unworthy films. t was fitting for Bourne to take the editing award (even if it is most editing, and not best editing), as that was the only film in which editing is the single most important aspect of it.

The three Enchantment songs, as well as not being particularly good songs, were also rather badly produced (although 'So Close' was not nearly as bad as the other 2). The August Rush song left no impression. But Once....that was a beautiful performance, of a good song.

Happy for Marianelli....did anyone else find his accent a bit weird? It seemed part Italian, part Irish, part British and part South African.

Happy with Day-Lewis, Swinton and Bardem. Cotillard probably gave my least favorite performance of the five, but I loved her before...so I didn't mind that much (none of the five were particularly great IMO).

Dissapointed that Deakins didn't get the Oscar, yet again. But There Will Be Blood is certainly deserving (and thank heavens that Atonement didn't get it).

And, of course, happy for the Coen Bros. Best movie of the year actually got the best picture Oscar.

Poor Kevin O'Connell...my chins went out to him for losing his 20th nomination. Bloody Bourne Ultimatium winning 3 Oscars. Well executed though. The shortest Oscar telecast ever and no blubbering speeches.

Sad for Giacchino :P But one should never win on its first nomination...

OM*G.

How did the awful 'The golden compass' win for FSX?

Transformers and POTC3 were better, even if they didnt add anything new. (neither did compass...)

Davy Jones is enough to win! :blink: