I know it would be the ultimate nightmare for many, but....

Desplat13

More Star Wars?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will Episodes VII VIII IX Be Made?

• Yes
    • No

I know it would be the ultimate nightmare for most of you, and I myself am opposed to the idea, but do you think Fox would just close the doors on one of the biggest money making machines they have? This poll is not about whether you want them or not, but whether or not you think they will be made.

Colin Thomson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's inevitable and always have done......as I believe that a remake of the original 3 (or episodes IV, V and VI if you must) will also happen eventually.....

Whilst I am certainly opposed to any remakes, I would not be opposed to episodes VII, VIII and IX.

I think it's inevitable and always have done......as I believe that a remake of the original 3 (or episodes IV, V and VI if you must) will also happen eventually.....

Whilst I am certainly opposed to any remakes, I would not be opposed to episodes VII, VIII and IX.

What's the plot?

I loved Revenge and did like the second film, if he goes on the Revenge way of storytelling it could be cool

I most certainly hope not. Not with the stupid post-RotJ stories they've made into books and might be considering for such a new trilogy. Palpatine V2? Clone Luke? No thanks. On the other hand, I WOULD like to have some more well-made Star Wars films with interesting stories and JOHN WILLIAMS SCORES! However, it seems that now with the Clone Wars 3D animation series and film, they are officially going over-the-top. Which probably means that post-RotJ films will also be made at some point.

Not only is there going to be a T4 - it is confirmed as the first of a new Trilogy.

More info Here - and just the presence of Christian Bale as John Connor is enough to excite me about this move - even if nothing else does (including the dumb title).

Not only is there going to be a T4 - it is confirmed as the first of a new Trilogy.

More info Here - and just the presence of Christian Bale as John Connor is enough to excite me about this move - even if nothing else does (including the dumb title).

supposedly he's a minor character in #4

I'd be up for it if JW signed on. Otherwise, nah. I think it is more likeley they won't happen, but I would bet more likeley on an Episode 0 and an Episode 7. I doubt Lucas would go through a whole new Trilogy.

I'd be up for it if JW signed on. Otherwise, nah. I think it is more likeley they won't happen, but I would bet more likeley on an Episode 0 and an Episode 7. I doubt Lucas would go through a whole new Trilogy.

I said it in the past. I would like turning EP I a prologue, create new film between EPIII and IV, and an Epilogue about the Stablishment of the new republic or something.

But Without Williams, NEVER

What's the plot?

Ruining the whole Expanded Universe... :blink:

I most certainly hope not. Not with the stupid post-RotJ stories they've made into books and might be considering for such a new trilogy. Palpatine V2? Clone Luke?

OK, critisice the palpatine clones from Dark Empire and all. But almost all of Timothy Zahn's Novels (where the luke clone appears) are great, and the best compared to the rest of the EU.

Yep - I heard this too, and as such I suppose it's anybody's guess as to whether or not he makes it through the whole trilogy......but at least it might make Number 4 worth watching....maybe.....

Yep - I heard this too, and as such I suppose it's anybody's guess as to whether or not he makes it through the whole trilogy......but at least it might make Number 4 worth watching....maybe.....

no it doesn't, Christian Bale is a good actor but he doesnt necessarily make a movie good.

T3 shouldn't exist neither should #4 its Alien3 and 4 all over. Though T3 is better than Alien3, way better.

OK, critisice the palpatine clones from Dark Empire and all. But almost all of Timothy Zahn's Novels (where the luke clone appears) are great, and the best compared to the rest of the EU.
It is? I admit I haven't read those particular books, but the idea sounds really lame to me. Perhaps the execution is good though. I recall once reading one Timothy Zahn book, but wasn't all too impressed. I liked Kevin Anderson's Darksaber; really funny, that one. Especially when the Hutts go and fire their new super-weapon. Priceless. :blink:

I hated the idea of doing sequels - this going back in time after the fact is ridiculous. I think the less you know about Darth Vader the first time you see it in "Episode 4", the better.

However, I for one wouldn't mind more SW movies, if they were good and GL wasn't too much involved (like, if he was only producing, not directing). Stuff about other characters, other stories, etc.

It is? I admit I haven't read those particular books, but the idea sounds really lame to me. Perhaps the execution is good though.

Its not lame. The clone appears in the climax of the 3rd book. The whole trilogy goes arround cloning. In a different way from the movies, since that was not still invented.

Its good reading.

As I understand it, episode 9 was supposed to end with the death of Palpatine and Anakin's redemption. But that story was chopped and concluded with Jedi. So there really isn't a 7-9 like there was a 1-3, IIRC.

So no, I don't think 'they' will be made. The current future of Star Wars appears to be in television. The prequels fell short but I don't believe they're a sign of the coming apocalypse, and I would get quite excited at the real prospect of more big screen Star Wars adventure.

The Star Wars Saga is a story about Anakin. We seem him as a young boy, to his death. I don't know how they could make more Anakin stories, unless perhaps it was between episodes 3 and 4.

The idea of a JW score is very tempting, tempting enough to want these films to be made. It would add something other than Spielberg films to JW's agenda, which would be very nice. And he writes outstanding music for the Star Wars Universe.

In terms of the actual films...I don't know. I am a big fan of the prequels, I love them. So maybe I would want this. I guess it all depends on whether I like the film or not. So I won't know until I've seen them.

I think that with this I will be believing Lucas when he says no more Star Wars movies will be made. I agree Lucas won't make them maybe someone else will after he dies unless he made instructions not to have them made to whoever he passes the franchise onto. Also I agree with others too that Fox has no control of the films except for the original Star Wars film.

No recently ordered CD's indy4?!

May I make a suggestion? Get Medal Of Honor by Michael Giacchino. That may make you appreciate him past Ratatouille.

Actually, I'm going to order Swashbuckler (John Addison) and Matilda (David Newman) later today, I'm just too lazy to do so now. But you know the drill...I will add it to my list. :P

And btw, I don't dislike Giacchino, The Incredibles is a terrific score, and I've started warming up to M:i:III as well

I certainly hope not. Some say it is inevitable, but I think it's gotten to the point where it's not plausible anymore (at least for it to be done by Lucas). There still is the possibility though, and I hope, no I pray that is never materialized.

How come there's no T4 entry on IMDb yet? :P And who'll be playing the T-800 if not Ahnold (who will certainly not be reprising the role)?

There is - the film is called "Terminator Salvation - The Future Beings" - check my link posted above....and Ahnuld has not ruled out appearing somewhere in the new trilogy (or the current TV series for that matter, apparently) - that's if McG doesn't screw the pooch at the first attempt, I guess.....

The choice of McG is a really odd one, but then I thought that the choice of Len Wiseman for Die Hard 4.0 was a dreadful one - and he made a pretty good job of it....

Back on topic - I think there is actually more story to tell....and no reason why Anakin can't be involved (after all, Ben Kenobi managed 2 more films after he was killed off)....I wouldn't mind Lucas taking a good stab at a new trilogy at all, but then I'm not a prequel-hater!

Whichever way though - I still think it's absolutely inevitable that they will appear sooner or later....

The guy goes by McG. How much skill could he have?

I do not judge people by their names.....if I did, I would hardly be at a fan site for someone with the mundane name of John Williams! :lol:

Considering McG is directing T4, it will most likely suck, even with Christian Bale.

Chrstian Bale? LoL, this is funny news. I guess they are trying to revive the series,so they must need BALE who revived Batman. Poor Bale. Miscast as Batman and now thrown into Terminator. He's better than he looks on screen lately. That dragon movie started it all.