Star Trek: Nemesis Ssoundtrack Press Release

Lurker

Here it is, direct from Varese Sarabande!

STAR TREK: NEMESIS

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Jerry Goldsmith

THIS DECEMBER

A GENERATION?S FINAL JOURNEY  

BEGINS!

The most anticipated STAR TREK film in years! Advance word on NEMESIS has STAR TREK fans around the world ecstatic about the latest voyage of the Starship Enterprise. The Federation is about to encounter its greatest challenge ? The Romulans want peace.

Conceived in the regal senate halls of Romulus and forged in the dilithium mines of Remus comes a nemesis bent on destroying Picard and the Federation ? in exactly that order.

Ordered by the Starfleet to be the first line of diplomacy in ushering in a new era for the Federation, the crew of the USS Enterprise-E is dispatched to Romulus for an unexpected peace mission. Once in the shadow of the Romulan Empire, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the Enterprise crew are thrust into the center of a plot that could lead to the destruction of the Earth at the hands of a new and chilling nemesis.  

When it comes to STAR TREK music, Jerry Goldsmith rules the galaxy. The epic tale of NEMESIS has inspired what may be Goldsmith?s greatest STAR TREK score since his best-selling STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE. The score for NEMESIS is as epic as anything the legendary composer has ever written. Even the musicians themselves gave Goldsmith repeated ovations during the recording sessions and a triumphant round of applause on completion. This is unquestionably the most aggressive STAR TREK score ever. Ingeniously dark textures are mixed with action music that soars to apocalyptic heights. Classic Goldsmith!

STAR TREK: NEMESIS opens nationwide on December 13.

Catalog: 302 066 412 2

Release Date: 11/26/02

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the poor man ill????? Maybe they were giving him ovations because he didn't pass out during the recording sessions?! Even so, I can't wait to hear the score, I do think he is THE trek composer, none of the others match or live up to him in any way shape or form!!!

Their so-called "standing ovation" was merely celebration and relief at having finally completed recording Jerry Goldsmith's horrid "music." "Yes! The worst few weeks of my life are finally over!" said the concert master as he was leaving the recording session.

Stupid press release. All propaganda that doesn't face the facts as I have done.

Oh, can't wait for these "ingeniously dark textures" from Goldsmith! Don't you just hate it when those inferior composers try to accomplish as such, but merely come up with "mundanely dark textures"? Goldsmith, man...his darkness is going to be ingenious! Nobody had ever thought darkness could be this ingenious...until NOW!

Their so-called "standing ovation" was merely celebration and relief at having finally completed recording Jerry Goldsmith's horrid "music."  "Yes!  The worst few weeks of my life are finally over!" said the concert master as he was leaving the recording session.

Stupid press release.  All propaganda that doesn't face the facts as I have done.

LIER!!!!!

Stefancos- using a Mornism.

And what about insurrection? If no applause, this sounds promising.  :mrgreen:

Insurrection may actually be a superior score to First Contact. Don't judge it by the official album, which indeed sucks. But the full score is a LOT better.

No! God no! I got to cover my sensative ears!!!

No contest- First Contact kicks arse.

And i have the 30 track expanded edition. Still some cues missing, so i assume you were wrong or you actually have the complete score?

Actually the Insurrection Boot is far from complete and is missing one of the better cues; The film version of Picard destroying the Collector and his rescue from it.

Goldsmith has been known to receive ovations and applause on the scoring stage so I'll hold my judgement when I actually have the disc to listen to. Then we'll see if this is indeed the best since ST:TMP.

I got the 30 track boot from Steffy and he ripped the cue that you refer to and it has FX noly. Not to bad and except for a few short moments, it is not that noticable.

First Contact rules! But then again, Nemesis may be a runner up.

the first and last tracks of Nemesis will be straight from ST TMP.

the Klingon theme/aka Worfs theme will be bastardized into a Romulan theme.

Goldsmith has reworked his Barnaby Jones theme for Shinzon, and will use his Mannix theme for the henchman to Shinzon. Action ques will be derivative. Like the old saying goes whats old is new.

Joe, who really hopes for the best and will make his purchase on the 26th of next month.