Your favorite...SPIDER track!

BLUMENKOHL

What track would you most like to be tangled into a web and poisoned and eaten to death to?

I have to say my two favorites are "Spiders" from Bruce Broughton's Lost in Space, and "Shelob's Lair/Shelob the Great" from RotK.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What track would you most like to be tangled into a web and poisoned and eaten to death to?

Er...none? ;)

;)

Seriously, definately the whole Shelob sequence from RotK. I would also add the spider motif and the chase part of The Spiders, which is my favorite action cue in CoS.

I can't believe I'm complimenting Chamber of Secrets, but "The Spiders" is a great track. I suppose "Shelob's Lair" has the edge though (the OST track, at least, I don't have the CR).

"Caught in a web

Soon you'll be....eaten."

"Shelob's Lair" (Return of the King - Howard Shore)

"Spiders" (Chamber of Secrets - John Williams)

"Spyders" (Minority Report - John Williams)

"Introduction To Pi" (Torn Curtain - John Addison)

"Prelude" (Psycho - Bernard Herrmann)

The Spiders (CoS)

I especially love the moment (musically) when Harry and Ron look up and see about a hundred giant spiders slowly descending onto them... while Harry's trying to be brave, the music does the job of panicking! :blink:

I have to say my two favorites are "Spiders" from Bruce Broughton's Lost in Space, and "Shelob's Lair/Shelob the Great" from RotK.

Same here.

I also like Goldsmith's opening cue for Along Came A Spider, for sentimental reasons.

You know, it's all fun and games when discussing spiders....and then Clock Spider enters the equation.

clockspider.jpg

Fear for you lives (and don't do a search for the "reveal" picture - you won't sleep tonight).

Too late. <_<

The real creepy thing is that we've got clocks exactly like that all throughout the house.

*Scrolls very, very fast past the above pictures, trying not to look at the screen*

I can't even look at those...

And I did a quick google for the clock spider. I would not recommend arachonophobics do that.

Even small thumbnails can scare the wits out of you, and I'm now convinced that the huge bunch of keys in my pocket is going to start crawling out. I'm gonna be a wreck for the rest of the day :blink:

God, I hate spiders! :blink:

I have no problems with snakes or bugs or rats, but I HATE spiders.

Let's hope there's a spider scene in Indy 4 (a more elaborate one than in ROTLA)! ;)

How about THIS???

j4o6wnmy7eh3vjtsigwwtstoj8.jpg

Now that picture doesn't bother me, because they're too small to really make them out (although I wouldn't get close to them in real life).

I don't have a problem with rats or snakes either. Bugs are too close to spiders for my liking so I generally won't touch them either, but I can at least look at them...

The shed in our back garden has always been a somewhat secluded place, and a lot of very thick cobwebs where anything could be lurking. Unfortunately it is also a power supply for our electric mower so I have to venture in occasionally.

For some reason my mum doesn't mind it at all, and she's an even bigger arachnophobic than me :blink:

"Shelob's Lair" (Return of the King - Howard Shore)

"Spiders" (Chamber of Secrets - John Williams)

"Spyders" (Minority Report - John Williams)

Thanks, indy4. ;)

Guys, those pics are disgusting, I guess I'll save the money for my lunch today. :blink::(

Shore's She-lob music is rather pathetic and very unimaginative, I think. Minority Report's Spyders is brilliant, but I think one of the most inventive, magical and very different cues for spiders, is the spider music in CoS. The spider motif, with those 8-note arachnid descending figures (depicting the crawling spiders), and its absolutely brilliant and equally archnidly silken orchestration, is a stroke of sheer extra/meta-musical genius!

The Widow's Lullaby -Krull

I would also vote for this track - this sequence scared the bejesus out of me as a kid (i've actually been listening to 'Krull' quite a lot recently - great soundtrack).

I would also vote for this track - this sequence scared the bejesus out of me as a kid (i've actually been listening to 'Krull' quite a lot recently - great soundtrack).

on the expanded release,at 2.26 of this track when the love theme kicks in...surely one of Horner's best moments.

on the expanded release,at 2.26 of this track when the love theme kicks in...surely one of Horner's best moments.

Agreed - too bad Horner didn't continue to compose in bombastic brass style, and instead has opted for string-y sentimentalist fare in recent years. Bring back the old Horner, I say!

Not even thinking about Googling that clock spider... :dance:

I did. It's not that bad, but then spiders don't freak me out. Apparently it's one of those internet cults that we've somehow missed out on. Personally I only have room to worship one animal:

hypnotoad.jpg

All hail Hypnotoad!

Shore's She-lob music is rather pathetic and very unimaginative, I think. Minority Report's Spyders is brilliant, but I think one of the most inventive, magical and very different cues for spiders, is the spider music in CoS. The spider motif, with those 8-note arachnid descending figures (depicting the crawling spiders), and its absolutely brilliant and equally archnidly silken orchestration, is a stroke of sheer extra/meta-musical genius!

Pathetic? Unimaginative?

The orchestration alone is horrifically complex and has a very arachnidly feel to it, both in how 'wiggly' it sounds and in the 'stopping and starting' way.

That clock spider ain't so bad. When I was a kid, I used to go down to my family's friend's house on Sannibal Island off the coast of Florida. He had a pool and a nice backyard.

You could find anoles everywhere. I loved the little guys. I used to catch them and name them lol. There were plenty of snakes, which I don't mind. Occasionally you'll see an alligator on the road just chilling. Armadillos burying underneath the pool had to be removed.

All fun animals. But...One day there was this huge ass spider near the jacuzzi. I mean this thing was BIG, definitely bigger than that clock spider. It was carrying at least 1 thousand baby spiders on its back and they poured off it into the pool and everywhere.

I can control myself around spiders, but I always keep my eye on it if I spot one because they move fast and if you look away it's hard to find them again.

The one insect I simply cannot stand is the camel cricket. My basement is FILLED with them, and every now and then we have to bomb it to kill all of them. They come up into the house and I JUST CANNOT STAND THEM. They are the most useless lifeform on this planet. They sit in my bathtub until they die. I'm pretty sure they don't eat anything, just born...wait...die.

Whenever I see one I go insane, dive for my trusty tennis racket and swing away. My tennis racket cover has devoured so many camel crickets and spiders, that it has goo all over it :dance: I don't play tennis, that racket's only purpose is killing insects.

Admittedly, I'd be pretty freaked out if I found a spider that large in my house, but just looking at a photo? Not exactly terrifying.

The one insect I simply cannot stand is the camel cricket. My basement is FILLED with them, and every now and then we have to bomb it to kill all of them. They come up into the house and I JUST CANNOT STAND THEM. They are the most useless lifeform on this planet. They sit in my bathtub until they die. I'm pretty sure they don't eat anything, just born...wait...die.

Whenever I see one I go insane, dive for my trusty tennis racket and swing away. My tennis racket cover has devoured so many camel crickets and spiders, that it has goo all over it :dance: I don't play tennis, that racket's only purpose is killing insects.

:jump::joy: I generally don't kill insects (the Buddha inside me acts). But I can get fairly creeped out a them. Especially if I'm in a vunerable position (like lying down, about to go to sleep) and I see one.

I don't mind killing insects, especially the f*ckers that are camel crickets. You would think a spider is scarier than a cricket, but hell no. Spiders don't leap 2 feet in the air or hide in your boxers and then leap out when you're putting them on...

60739525_02bcbd8060.jpg

Ugh, they are freaky!!!

But one of the freakiest insects I've ever seen wasn't in real life, it was actual posted by a member on this board in the Indy 4 thread:

House_Centipede.jpg

My current favorite "Spider" track can be heard

Neil

:(

Funniest thing i've seen in ages!

Anybody got any idea which spider is it from under the clock and if it's poisonous? :nopity:

They're called Huntsman Spiders, and the larger ones are found pretty much in Australia and New Zealand (probably the main reason I wouldn't want to live there!).

They're not fatally poisonous, but their bites have some toxins in them that can cause reactions like inflammation of the skin and nausea and the like. Don't think i'd like to try getting bit by them at any rate.

Thanks, Beowulf. I read the entire Wikipedia article. Still shudderin'. :P Though they're not fatal and everything, but their look and size ... :( Scary animals. It's alarming to think that they could also be present in our country ... :nopity::P

If you think that clock spider is big, you haven't seen the bird eating spider in person.

I'm suprised no one besides Marian has mentioned any cues from Arachnophobia.

Or are you like me and don't have that score? :D

If you think that clock spider is big, you haven't seen the bird eating spider in person.

Just the idea of a bird eating spider gives me the willies, and I don't really have arachnophobia.