Blue Box Notes Unfair to Barbra

Lurker

419V82657LL._SS500_.jpg

This is an outrage! This album was released a year before the Williams score! At least Jerry got a few cursory mentions, but no Streisand?! I demand an explanation!

Neil!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a bird, and I am not a plane......

Greg - who thought he was the only person on earth who knew of this album's existence.....

This is so typical over here. Whatever Williams did or accomplished, Streisand has done or would have done it three times better. It's making me sick!

This album was released a year before the Williams score!

Well, there's your answer. It's not called Superman: The Music (1978 - 1988) for nothing, you Streisand fanboy!

FSM will be releasing another 8-disk set sometime next year, Superman: The Music (1977). It'll contain the final version of Streisand's album plus another 7 disks of outtakes, extras, demos, and other unreleased tracks.

FSM Box 3. I've ordered mine already!

FSM will be releasing another 8-disk set sometime next year, Superman: The Music (1977). It'll contain the final version of Streisand's album plus another 7 disks of outtakes, extras, demos, and other unreleased tracks.

FSM Box 3. I've ordered mine already!

LOL :( I'm the next in line! :sigh:

What the hell is on that Streisand album anyway?! :lol:

So what did Dan post before it was deleted?

I don't know what they were exactly but it had to do with a simple quote in the book that he took the wrong way and got all bent out of shape apparently.

I'll hide the wording for those who don't have their box set, the quote was something similar to this:

"Suprisingly John Williams was not the first choice for Superman, Jerry Goldsmith was originally considered"

. That's not the exact quote but that is close enough.

He takes that as an insult to Goldsmith because the word "Suprisingly" was used or at least that's what been gathered from the info presented.

Apparently anything posted over there that places Williams above Goldsmith is a no-no according to him.

This album was released a year before the Williams score!

Well, there's your answer. It's not called Superman: The Music (1978 - 1988) for nothing, you Streisand fanboy!

I'm not saying the CD should be included, but a positive mention of Streisand would not be out of place. In 160 pages of info, this book totally shunned Streisand's work. Once again, FSM finds a way to ignore Barbra proving they like Williams more than her!

Neil