Leonard Rosenman, 1924-2008

Morlock

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah crap...that sucks. :( I don't have access to my Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home score but when I do get back home from my trip I shall listen to it in memory of him. I've always enjoyed that score.

Really sad, but expected news. It's been a long illness that eventually would lead to today's sad news. Once Jerry died, he has been the best "living film composer" after Williams, although he hasn't/couldn't write anything.

He's one of my all-time favorites, and will always re-listen to his wonderful scores. Thank you for you great contribution to modern film scoring. Maestro.

Leonard Rosenman, RIP. Your main title from Lord of the Rings was always a favourite of mine. It was a big inspiration on my first composition "Legend" back in 1986. You will be missed.

<_<

Rosenman's LOTR score was a masterpiece and, by my standards, milestone of film scoring, long before the world at large had ever heard of Howard Shore. It's one of the very first scores I consciously noticed and probably a major reason for my interest in orchestral music.

<_< While I didn't have any soundtrack by him, I have heard a bit of his music. I also saw a video which he narrated (about classic music), and he seemed like a very nice person. He will be missed. Rest in peace.

he seemed like a very nice person.

Actually he was mean and egomaniac... nothing to do with him music though... he was a BIG composer, in any case.

Keeper of the City and The Bible, 2 scores that I highly recommend.

He was the third on the composers triumvirat I like... I wish , at least , his passing will help to have more CDs, like Crosscreek, Countdown, Prophecy ... Rest in peace Leonard.

Well I listened to The Voyage Home in memorium of him. Don't own any other of his scores, though I might watch The Bourne Identity tv-movie this weekend sometime. Though its kind of rough to sit through after the recent films.

R.I.P.

Well I listened to The Voyage Home in memorium of him. Don't own any other of his scores, though I might watch The Bourne Identity tv-movie this weekend sometime. Though its kind of rough to sit through after the recent films.

R.I.P.

Your are mistaken the guy , you talk about Larry Rosenthal, not Lenny Rosenman... it is the second time in this tread , a sign ? I don't wish so...

R.I.P.

Your are mistaken the guy , you talk about Larry Rosenthal, not Lenny Rosenman... it is the second time in this tread , a sign ? I don't wish so...

So I was. I often get the two mistaken, as I'm not a huge fan of either. But I do enjoy Voyage Home.

RIP Leonard Rosenman :nopity:

I was only really familiar with his work on ST IV, and the TV series, Combat!, which I always quite liked but I had also heard his work on the animated version of Lord of the Rings and Pork Chop Hill as well....sad to see another one of his generation leave us.