ROTJ Anthology:Has better sound

Anthology Disk 4:Has Ewok Celebration Original film version+Lapti nek

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright the list grows:

The Fury:original OST

Actually, it's not worthless. It's still the ONLY CD to have the ORIGINAL VERSION of The Death on a Carousel. The Varese 2CD set never included it and it was never on the LP release.... unless of coruse you are talking about the original release that didn't include that track. :blink:

-Erik-

Star Wars Polydor original 2 c.d.

That's a classic album though and a great representation of the score for its time.

Close Encounters-Original OST

I prefer this over the expanded version.

ESB-Polydor 1 c.d

The CD yes, but the original LP - like the one for Star Wars - is a great album.

The original album for CE3K (Released by Varese) isn't worthless because it contains the disco version of the theme Williams composed and the original end credit cue.

The original album for Star Wars isn't worthless if you like Williams' arrangements of the cues.

The original album for Star Wars isn't worthless if you like Williams' arrangements of the cues.

I do.

But don't you get those same arrangements on the 4CD Anthology version?

-Erik-

I thought that the original Polydor 2-CD was the only way we could hear the complete Main Title as the Anthology CD finished after the Rebel Fanfare sting did it not?

Also I always preferred the Main Title release on the original TESB release with the Mynot Cave finale - great cue!

Yes that was Disc 4's alternate Main Title i'm getting confused with - it's been awhile since i've lifted that box down from the shelf.

Raiders OST (choir better?)

Much much better.

And I also love the edits on the first cd release of Close Encounters. Specially the very first track.

I don't count somewhat boring williams soundtrack as totally worthless.All his scores have a few good tracks to offer,including Minority Report

I had a totally worthless CD, "Minority Report", but thankfully someone recently bought it off me; I was going to microwave that sucker.

:blink::D:):blink:

The Rhino Superman isn't worthless. You get the karaoke pop version of "Can You Read My Mind."

:cool: That, and it's also gone OOP some time ago, so if not today, it's gonna be a high-priced rare collector's item in a few years' time. :P Remember, 3000 of us may have gotten The Blue Box, but many won't ... So I reckon there's a high probability that both Rhino and FSM releases are going to be very wanted some time from now.

The Rhino Superman isn't worthless. You get the karaoke pop version of "Can You Read My Mind."

:cool: That, and it's also gone OOP some time ago, so if not today, it's gonna be a high-priced rare collector's item in a few years' time. :P Remember, 3000 of us may have gotten The Blue Box, but many won't ... So I reckon there's a high probability that both Rhino and FSM releases are going to be very wanted some time from now.

It's just a matter of time before all c.d.'s become worthless.The only reason we still need them is because hard drives are not yet reliable enough to be a permanent storage media

It's just a matter of time before all c.d.'s become worthless.The only reason we still need them is because hard drives are not yet reliable enough to be a permanent storage media

CDs aren't worthless, and to me, they as a physical medium, never will be worthless. They have nice covers, they're presented well. Really, I just love packaging. People these days seem to forget about style and presentation. And I doubt everyone will be hooking up a hard drive to their stereo systems. Not everyone listens to music on their computer.

Unless of course, you were kidding. ;)

I have amy PC hooked up to my 5.1. amplifier.My PC Soundcard is at least as good as my c.d. player. In addition to all my MP3's, I ripped all my JW c.d.'s in WAVE on an external hard drive as a start.

the only limitation is that my PC is not totally silent (fan noises) .This will be adressed when I pick my next PC.

I'd love a future when we don't have all that physical media clutter(c.d.'s DVD's...)

CDs aren't worthless, and to me, they as a physical medium, never will be worthless. They have nice covers, they're presented well. Really, I just love packaging. People these days seem to forget about style and presentation.

Seconded. :cool:

I don't about some of you but I love looking at my CD shelves and seeing all those scores sitting there. It's one of the first things I see everyday when I walk thru the door after a day of work and it can brighten my mood.

It appears I was mistaken. The Blue Box does indeed feature the karaoke pop version of "Can You Read My Mind?" What it's missing is the vocal version! Horror of horrors!

*pukes in the background*

I belive there's a smiley for that:

:cool:

CDs aren't worthless, and to me, they as a physical medium, never will be worthless. They have nice covers, they're presented well. Really, I just love packaging. People these days seem to forget about style and presentation. And I doubt everyone will be hooking up a hard drive to their stereo systems. Not everyone listens to music on their computer.

I agree. I don't think CDs will ever become obsolete. The next step in our advancing technology is digital (it has already begun, through iTunes and others). Because the next stop is digital, they will never make a new-and-improved version of the CD. But collectors like us will always want a physical disc in which they can hold, admire, and display. And since no CD improvment will ever be made, because it won't be technologically worth it, CDs will be the best way collectors can get that.

But then again, the Blu-Ray was an improvment to the DVD, so I could be wrong.

And since no CD improvment will ever be made

I mean that because technologically, the next stop is digital. There will be no improvment to the physical CD, because the CD won't be popular enough to improve, especially when digital is already there. But there'll be enough collectors in the world to still have CDs be wanted items, so they will still be created.

CDs aren't worthless, and to me, they as a physical medium, never will be worthless. They have nice covers, they're presented well. Really, I just love packaging. People these days seem to forget about style and presentation.

Seconded. :cool:

That's precisely why some of us still miss vinyl. When I got my ESB 2-record set for Christmas back in 1980 there was nothing quite like opening up the gatefold sleeve and seeing the movie images inside for the first time. Plus that particular disk has a booklet affixed inside the gatefold sleeve, which made for even more fun. Those images in the gatefold vinyl covers were over 12 inches square! No CD can match that for presentation (although the Blue Box came close!).

I don't use CDs any more (don't even own a CD player any more) and all my music is on a hard drive. That's why I'm embracing digital downloads because if all I do with a CD is rip it, why not let someone else do the work?

I still like to have the uncompressed version somewhere,just in case I buy a sound system I can tell the difference on one day.

K.M.

I don't use CDs any more (don't even own a CD player any more) and all my music is on a hard drive. That's why I'm embracing digital downloads because if all I do with a CD is rip it, why not let someone else do the work?

Booklets, design, something you can touch. All I do with my CDs these days is ripping them, too, but I still like having the originals. Plus my portable hard drive just died, so I'm glad I can just re-rip everything (although that'll take several weeks).

What about cd-rs that don't write, they are kind of worthless?

They are coasters AI. True, but the AI doesn't need any more coasters!

Well fling them about like frisbees AI.

What if I decapitate someone?

Yeah, don't. Just discard them.

What happens when your hard drive crashes or gets stolen or something. I'm probably a dinosaur in this regard but I will always buy my music on CD. To me, a download-only system of buying songs essentially makes the music disposable. I'll leave that to people who listen to mass produced and disposable pop music. I will make the switch only when they stop producing music on a physical format altogether.

Is there a thread here or web site that indicates JW CDs that are not valueless and what tracks/mixes they have that make them valuable? This would be an important place on the internet for historical purposes. It will save future researchers much time, I would think.