Uploading John williams material on youtube

Martyprod

About uploading John williams material on youtube (boston pops show)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Must i upload the "john williams conducting other people works also ?

• YES ?
    • NO ?

Hello,

i'm Didier, French fan and friend of Marc (the crazy french horn player here :blink: ).

ok, in my VHS and DVD stock, i have some old boston pops show featuring mr williams.

i will try to post ALL of them on youtube, all, the ones featuring john williams for jwfan.com . (and other people if they visit youtube too of course :D ...

i hope they will not be deteled because of copyright stuff ....

my question is : during all these boston pops stuff, few of them are featuring williams own works, and many of them are john williams CONDUCTING only other people works, or other artist , etc ....

must i upload everything ? (john williams conducting other people works...) or only john williams performing his own compositions ?

thanks .

Didier.

UPDATE : LINKS TO YOUTUBE VIDEOS : BOSTON POPS SHOWS

John Williams Performs Love is Sweeping The Country

John Williams Performs the Hoagy Carmichael Suite

John Williams Conducts Michel Legrand - Yentl Medley

John Williams Performs Flight To The Neverland (Hook)

SECOND UPDATE : 03/23/2008 : 4 new videos :

John Williams Plays Piano Live

John Williams plays overture from Gypsy

John Williams Conducts Manuel De Falla

John Williams plays spanish dance from tchaikovsky

THIRD UPDATE : 04/10/2008 : 3 New Videos !!

John Williams plays the Flying Theme From E.T

John Williams Plays Call Of The Champions

John Williams Plays Harry Wongrous World

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were to upload anything, most of us would probably want Williams conducting Williams stuff first

Also, hello and welcome :blink:

Wow, that'd be awesome martypod!

I'd like to see Williams conducting his own stuff, of course, but I'd love to see him conducting more jazzy "Swing" music, if you have that also. Like from the albums Night and Day, Unforgettable, and Swing! JW conducting stuff from other film composers would be interesting, as well.

Wow, that'd be awesome martypod!

I'd like to see Williams conducting his own stuff, of course, but I'd love to see him conducting more jazzy "Swing" music, if you have that also. Like from the albums Night and Day, Unforgettable, and Swing! JW conducting stuff from other film composers would be interesting, as well.

hi, what i have in stock from memory (certainly i have more, but i don't remember ).

i have michel legrand conducted by williams.

tony bennet conducted by williams

some jazzy stuff from that show.

lara fabian, josh groban, performing A.I , barbra straisand, etc .... (DVD quality)

harry potter show with adventures on earth, (dvd quality)

tribute to bernard hermann and henry mancini (dvd quality)

etc etc (the rest is in VHS quality) ....

Do that first, please. :P

hi again,

well, unfortunatly, these DVD have no chapter, so it will need a bit of editing ... i will do the VHS first (jazz stuff, michel legrand tony bennett), i will upload them today, and the dvd later (sorry) :cool:

i will post the link here in my first message and NOT in the youtube links topic, ok ?

Do that first, please. :P

Yeah, you can't go wrong with "Harry Potter Show with Adventures on Earth"!!! :cool:

Do that first, please. :D

Yeah, you can't go wrong with "Harry Potter Show with Adventures on Earth"!!! :cool:

ok, let me correct this one (sometimes my english sucks :P ahah).

it's a harry potter kind of show. they play several potter tunes during the show...but during that concert, they play as well adventures on earth ;) voila ...

ok .

First update for Today :

3 songs for one boston pops show !! i have not uploaded the tony bennett medley, as he's performing it mostly with his trio, and we see williams only during the last 1 minute.

you will find the links to the videos on youtube in my first message of this topic ! ENJOY ! and please post comment here or on my youtube page !! :wub:

new update :

john williams performing flight to the neverland from Hook with the boston pops.

i will maybe stop uploading videos for tonight, because youtube is very very slow today, i spent one hour to upload only a 20 Mb video :joy:

yes, i will continue tomorrow night (i will not be there the afternoon) ... and i hope youtube will fix this damn upload speed so i can upload more...i just found in my VHS collection 3 more williams boston pops show :)

i think i just ripped a williams song (not a cover), but i don't know what it is. never heard of it, and as i don't speak german, i don't know the name of the song. i'm sure there is some german guys here, so i'll post a small clip of the german speaker telling the name of the song, so i can post the whole clip on youtube with the real name of the song.

Do what you can. These are great to watch. Thanks for your effort!

I also loved the Hook one.

Great stuff!

Especially since I have never seen a performance of JW conducting any music from Hook - and what a great performance it was.

What exactly are the bitrate and frequency of audio on youtube films?

Is it even stereo?

hi, all my materials are in Stereo, but youtube is still in Mono :)

but i heard that youtube will have soon a H264 video quality and AAC audio quality . (don't know the bitrate).

• 2 weeks later...

No, no no. its ManuEl, not some instructions book :P

:P

Thanks for the videos. Its nice seeing Williams conducting some spanish music! :P

Hey at last i saw the 'orchestral version of some folkloric spanish (though i think other mediterranean countries use it) intrument - practically the most spanish related along with the guitar, that i dont know the name in english. And i think is used on EPII count dooku duel.

They appear on the video 'spanish dance' at the 0:12 mark.

So what's the name?

:lol:

Thanks for the videos. Its nice seeing Williams conducting some spanish music! :D

Hey at last i saw the 'orchestral version of some folkloric spanish (though i think other mediterranean countries use it) intrument - practically the most spanish related along with the guitar, that i dont know the name in english. And i think is used on EPII count dooku duel.

So what's the name?

we call that "castagnets"...

i corrected the name by the way :)

:D

Thanks for the videos. Its nice seeing Williams conducting some spanish music! :)

So what's the name?

we call that "castagnets"...

i corrected the name by the way :)

Oh thanks, it doesnt differ much from the spanish name 'Castañuela'.

Dont worry about me for the name... Though Falla must have rolled in his grave :P

Not at all Stef

Go suck an olive, Pepe!

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

Just to let you know that i updated again today this page with 3 (THREE !!! ) new amazing videos from john williams performing at the boston pops, with the Flying Theme from E.T, harry wrongrous world from harry potter, and call of the champions....

i still have some other videos to put on youtube . i'll keep everybody informed on that page :P

ENJOY !!!

It's a bit off-topic but can somebody tell me how I can take video's from YouTube and put music to it myself and then upload it again?

hello,

Just to let you know that i updated again today this page with 3 (THREE !!! ) new amazing videos from john williams performing at the boston pops, with the Flying Theme from E.T, harry wrongrous world from harry potter, and call of the champions....

i still have some other videos to put on youtube . i'll keep everybody informed on that page :rolleyes:

ENJOY !!!

This member has to be the best thing that's happened to JWFan since the "What is the last film you watched" series.

hello,

i still have some other videos to put on youtube . i'll keep everybody informed on that page :rolleyes:

ENJOY !!!

This member has to be the best thing that's happened to JWFan since the "What is the last film you watched" series.

Thank you :P

too bad youtube sucks in term of video quality and sound quality, because i have all these materials in Stereo and in DVD quality (720*576) for some of them and in VHS PAL quality (still great) for the others...(the VHS ones are also in Stereo).

if there is one guy here who have a server with some spaces, it would be my plaisure to upload the full quality ones to that server and have them available ONLY for the jwfan.com community...(maybe with a kind of password, i don't know).

if someone is ok for that (moderator ?) contact me please here, or by Private Message.

Didier.