• Viola
    • Drumset
    • Xylophone/Bells
    • Oboe
    • Tuba
    • Violin
    • Harp
    • French Horn
    • Other Wind Instruments (Please Specify)
    • Other String Instruments (Please Specify)
    • Other Percussion (Please Specify)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played electric bass for about four years now, I've played some piano (want to get much better at it), and I took up the double bass about six months ago. I'm taking that as my principal instrument at the University of Louisville starting this fall, for a BM in Composition.

The AI can shout, really shout.

The AI can shout so loud, that it be heard over a jumbo jet.

The AI can shout so loud, it can be heard two blocks away.

The AI can roar so freakin loud, it makes Lions feel shame.

Wow, the results are great--every instrument except for the harp is played by someone, as well as several instruments not listed.

Koray, since you're not learning anything at the moment, why don't you take up harp to even things out? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I play a lot of piano, and (my favourite) the Pipe Organ. There is nothing like blasting away with the "King of Instruments"... I love the organ. I also play a little (very little) violin, and (possibly) the best of them all, I conduct. Been studying for two years, read piles of books, and practice about 30-60 minutes a day depending on what the other instruments are demanding of me at the time. Conducting is the best!

I voted piano, but in reality I've only been taking piano lessons for about a year and half now and am still a beginner. Though I can play "In Dreams" from LOTR and the theme from Jurassic Park, both easy piano arrangements.

• 12 years later...

Learned keyboards when I was young(ish). Didn't show much determination then.

Started singing in a choir in high school when I was 13, have continued to do so in different choirs ever since.

Back in 2007/08, due to my admiration of Joe Hisaishi's music, I began to re-acquaint myself with pressing keys on a piano. Right hand one day, left hand the next. On the third day, maybe both of them together. Here's about the only example of my playing, Hisaishi, of course:

Never posted in this, it seems.

I first noodled around on my parents' ancient grand piano when I was 3-4. I composed small tunes a few years later. And as a young teenager, a theme that was strangely similar to Williams' THE EIGER SANCTION (I had not heard the score at that point). But - to my eternal regret and annoyance - my parents never gave me a piano teacher or lessons. So it pretty much ended there. I can get some chords across, a few melodies, and can 'find my away' around the keys, but that's it.

In my teenage years, I played some percussion - mostly bongos and tam-tams, I was never good at proper drum kits. A few bands etc.

And - if you consider voice an instrument - I've had some singing lessons and "gigs" (if you can call them that) over the years. I'm reasonably talented, but it was never properly nurtured. These days, my vocal chords are kinda shot due to an illness I have, so no song career for me either.

In short -- a few instruments tried and sampled, but never enough to call myself GOOD in any shape or form.