Recording session at Abbey Road / Studio One

Hellgi

Hey there,

I was in London two weeks ago for a recording with William Ross for the movie "Our Lady of Victory." We went to record at Abbey Road, in Studio One, where so many amazing film scores have been recorded (including some Harry Potter, Star wars V, VI, I, II and III, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Lord of the Rings, etc.).

My wife took a lot of pictures and I've posted them online. I thought maybe that could be of interest to some of you so I figured I'd let you know :unsure:

Here's the link to the gallery.

Enjoy and please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions :blink:

Hellgi

ps. I just realized that, for some reason, the picture quality is not excellent while watching the slideshow on high resolution displays. You can download the picture to your hard drive and it will display fine that way.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy s**t! those are great pictures man! Wow.... It must have been awesome right? I mean I've seen that recording stage sooo many times in dvds and all that, so I can only imagine what a great joy it must be to be standing there... where so much great music that we love was recorded... awesome pictures!

Also... If you don't mind me asking, what do you do? Are you a composer? producer?

I'm William Ross' "assistant". On that particular movie, I was also orchestrator as well as score coordinator.

Other duties during the session included running Auricle, taking notes and giving specific musical notes to Bill (who, because of the nature of the project, didn't have the time to come in the booth to check the cues).

Ah, so THAT'S how you knew all that stuff regarding Chamber of Secrets!

OR IS HELLGI JUST A ROBOT POSING AS ROSS'S ASSISTANT? Is he trying to cover up for the fact that Williams in fact wrote all of Chamber of Secrets?

Yes, it was awesome... the room is really amazing... it has a natural ±3 sec. reverb, you don't need to "add" anything to the sound, it's already perfect.

And the players were absolutely fantastic. (Duh!)

I was so amazed for the first two or three cues, I couldn't do my job right... I was supposed to listen carefully for mistakes and suggest things to improve, but everything sounded fabulous!

Great quality pics at this side. Thanks for posting them. Steef and I got as far as outside the walls of Abbey Road Studios. They must have spotted Steef's infamous orange poncho and wouldn't let us in.

Great photos! Finally we have an inside man at Abbey Road :lol:

Great photos! Finally we have an inside man at Abbey Road :(

Well, it's not like I work there :) But we might go there again later this year... providing the dollar gets strong again! Right now it's more expensive to record in London than in Los Angeles!

Hellgi

Great quality pics at this side. Thanks for posting them. Steef and I got as far as outside the walls of Abbey Road Studios. They must have spotted Steef's infamous orange poncho and wouldn't let us in.

I have never wore an orange poncho of any kind. Clearly this man is insane!