Show us your music collection

Oh yeah! It's totally cool and retro so I just didn't have the heart to stuff it away somewhere in my basement! :D Plus, I actually keep the Game Boy and some gamepaks in it! :D

Magnets stick to metal, don't they? :P

Each side of the box is sheet metal.

The horizontal box is the Floyd discovery collection. All of their studio albums remastered and repackaged.

The bigger one behind it is the Immersion edition of Dark Side Of The Moon. I still need to get the ones for Wish You Were Here and The Wall, but they're very expensive.

Well, most CD boxes are made of cardboard, that's why I'm asking. :-p

The various editions and boxes and their steep pricing are the reason why I haven't yet got any of the Floyd remasters. I would have picked up the Discovery set if it wouldn't mean that I may have to buy some albums twice.

I have to many CDs to include in one shot, lol.

Yeah, if you to lay them out in groups on a velvet rug, you do. But don't you have a shelf system or something that you could shoot in one go?

Well, most CD boxes are made of cardboard, that's why I'm asking. :-p

The various editions and boxes and their steep pricing are the reason why I haven't yet got any of the Floyd remasters. I would have picked up the Discovery set if it wouldn't mean that I may have to buy some albums twice.

The Elfman box is massive; the size of my abdomen. While not perfectly put together (mine's been slowing coming apart since day one) it's built of sturdy materials.

As for the Floyd sets, I got them at relatively good prices. The Discovery set I think I got at $150 or so. I tried to get rid of my original albums for cheap but no one bit, I really didn't mind since I think I got those for around $10 a piece, and my collection wasn't complete anyway.

The Immersion sets were tagged at $130 when they were released, but I got Dark Side Of The Moon when it dipped to $80. I wish I waited a little longer because throughout that week, it kept getting lower and lower on Amazon. I think it valleyed at $65 or something and then went back up. The Wall was at that price recently but it jumped back up before I could get it.

I think all I need for Wish You Were Here is the Experience edition, which comes with the bonus material I want the most from the Immersion set.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

wow it's so big...er, expansive...er,

i do not own many cds, well - at least the ones i have are in storage since they are on my hard drives

• 5 months later...

Edit:

For the life of me, I cannot get the images to load properly. So I shall direct you to my posting on FSM

http://www.filmscore...=1&r=802#bottom

Always a pleasure, John. Didn't know you were that much into horror. Your game collection also explains why I rarely see you on PS3 ;)

Edit:

For the life of me, I cannot get the images to load properly. So I shall direct you to my posting on FSM

Always a pleasure, John. Didn't know you were that much into horror. Your game collection also explains why I rarely see you on PS3 ;)

Thanks Koray! Yeah, I don't have many PS3 games. The ones that I do have though, are awesome. Love the Uncharted series! Besides, 360 is a better system. :P

Johnny what problem were you having getting pictures to show up on jwfan?

For some reason the img tags weren't working properly. It's ok, I have up. :)

Edit:

Impressive, quite impressive!

Thanks Miguel. I have cut back immensely lately. Missed many many many releases, been buying most stuff off of iTunes lately. Too easy. Satsifys my instant gratification.

Thanks Miguel. I have cut back immensely lately. Missed many many many releases, been buying most stuff off of iTunes lately. Too easy. Satsifys my instant gratification.

Itunes is the cheap, easily available whore of music. You get what you want NOW, but it's never quite as satisfying as you think it's going to be.

Also, your cock smells suspicious afterwards....

Johnny what problem were you having getting pictures to show up on jwfan?

For some reason the img tags weren't working properly. It's ok, I have up. :)

Hmmm, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. All you have to do to post images to this forum is highlight the pic wherever your hosting it and copy it, then paste it into your post. Or put the URL of the image in between [ img] [ /img] tags. But unlike FSM, you don't remove the http:// part.

• 4 months later...

Yes, aside from a hole carefully cut out of the opening. Meant to preserve the condition of the exterior of the box - a practice that began when I first started collecting DVD boxsets in 2004.

Yes, aside from a hole carefully cut out of the opening. Meant to preserve the condition of the exterior of the box - a practice that began when I first started collecting DVD boxsets in 2004.

That's actually a very good idea.

It's from a nearby pinewood shop called 888 Furniture. I spotted another one there recently, which I'm thinking of picking up because my one's presently overflowing. It was only cheap, about $300.

• 3 years later...

It's back, baby! I did a little trimming. We're down to the essentials here. No Johnny Williams or Boston Pops albums I never listen to, certainly no Munich. It's nice to have the physical collection come home.

175_collection.jpg

• 1 year later...

Here's a pic of my meager collection, mostly JW but a few others as well, including the first run LOTR CRs.  I sorted the JW chronilogically, starting with Jaws and ending with The Post.  Using an Ikea Gnedby case that I found on craigslist for $20 ! :)  I still have 4 empty shelves so definitely have room to grow.  

Also have a Husker football signed by the coaching staff in the background from our 1994 national championship.

cd.jpg

Ready for my close-up... ;)  Yes, I missed out on ST 2009 Deluxe Edition :( Refuse to pay the $300 or so it goes for on secondary market.  

cd1.jpg

cd3.jpg

cd2.jpg

20180608_132452.jpg

Slowly, but growing. Now I gotta decide which ones to put in the car for when I'm starting work the week after the next.

13 minutes ago, Holko said:

Slowly, but growing. Now I gotta decide which ones to put in the car for when I'm starting work the week after the next.

Choose one which you don't mind getting scratched.

Not the CR then, I'd rather put those in an airtight, constant temperature bulletproof glass (or transparent aluminum ;) ) case.

Nice collections folks! I have a small collection (I'm working on balancing my finances so I can get me some soundtracks on CD) of about 70 classical CD's and a few scores, but very limited in that category. If things work out, I should have a huge collection in the next few years. Picture coming.

I reconfigured my collection a bit since the last time, here's the actual settings:

Boxsets and JW Philips & Sony:

IMG_2500.JPG

John Williams, scores & re-recordings:

IMG_2499.JPG

Charles Aznavour & Roy Orbison section:

IMG_2501.JPG

Other boxsets, classical collection at both sides and in the shelves:

IMG_2502.JPG