Show us your music collection

Wow Erik! Seeing your collection made me very proud and happy and, oddly, very sad as well.

This thread brings back some bad memories.

Which Neil loves to bring up from time to time! I have been afraid to take pictures of my collection anymore!

I briefly had the E.T. lazerdisk box set. One disk was defective and I returned it...but not before recording the iso score and swiping the gold disk for a regular one

So what's with the pink walls, Pixie? I didnt see an answer to that.

Erik, that is completely mental. I don't know which I like more, the collection or the kick-ass leather chair.

So what's with the pink walls, Pixie? I didnt see an answer to that.

It was my wife's design. It's actually not so bad when you are in the room. The flash on my camera makes it much brighter and "pinker". Can't say I'm too excited by pink, myself. I'm trying to cover up as much wall-space as possible with my CDs!

Erik, that is completely mental. I don't know which I like more, the collection or the kick-ass leather chair.

Funny... that was a freebie, too! :mellow: My mother-in-law's new husband had two and gave me one. It's very comfortable!

-Erik-

here's mine. 2 top rows is all JW OST's (legit ones)

Well.you have to click on the picture to make it bigger.I doesnt feel like using image shak

All my bootlegs/MP3 saved to cdr are in a box in c.d. holders

I really wonder why I always though that your collection was about ten times as large as that :lol::mellow: How many CDs are there, and how many by JW (legit ones)? I know I could've counted them myself, but I'm sure you'll be faster than that. ;)

here's mine. 2 top rows is all JW OST's (legit ones)

Well.you have to click on the picture to make it bigger.I doesnt feel like using image shak

All my bootlegs/MP3 saved to cdr are in a box in c.d. holders

I really wonder why I always though that your collection was about ten times as large as that

it would, if williams had composed ten times more music :blink:

• 6 months later...

Finally, a pic of my own collection. Soundtracks are on the middle four shelves; my JW collection is on the fifth shelf from the top (I mean the whole shelf from one end to the other, though being "separated" in the middle).

cdregal.jpg

You're missing a green box next to the blue and red ones. ;)

I've lent it to my friend, it'll be back next week. ;) Hope you didn't think I don't have it?! :D

It doesn't take long to fill it up.

Well, that depends, mainly on collector's financial abilities ... It certainly took me a lot of money (and time) to collect what you can see on the picture.

Wow. Fill that thing up and you should never ever complain again about Williams not really scoring movies any more.

My physical CD collection is exactly the same as I posted last.

It will probably gain another 2 sets when the new Doctor Who CD comes out, and the Indy box set. And you also never know what surprises might come from Intrada on Tuesday.

Other than that, I've been buying a fair amount of music digitally.

Wow. Fill that thing up and you should never ever complain again about Williams not really scoring movies any more.

:D Well, so far, I've "only" got cca. 330 soundtracks, approximately 85 of which are JW CDs. :P Thus, filling it up with only soundtracks is more likely than not a lifetime project for me, but I must say that I'm quite content with my film music collection as it is, especially due to the fact that it's growing constantly. :) So, yeah, one day this thing just might be filled up with nothing else but soundtracks. :D

I recently built new shelving for my cd collection. Its not fully organized yet and I haven't decided how to organize my soundtracks. I like to keep franchises together and I really haven't decided on a good system yet. Ideas anyone? I should be getting a digital camera in the coming months so I should have some pictures for you all.

Indeed. And it mixes well with classical music, too (because for composers like Korngold, Kilar, Williams, Glass, Nyman... it's a real pain in the ass to keep the two separate).

Actually, I'd say that normally a franchise is not scored by the same composer throughout.

Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Home Alone, Mission Impossible. . . .

Actually, I'd say that normally a franchise is not scored by the same composer throughout.

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Home Alone. . . .

These all are. Unless you're counting extraneous films like The Clone Wars and The Young Indiana Jones, which I wouldn't consider a part of the franchise. Well, maybe series is a better term to use, because franchise actually would include all of those. As for Home Alone, the third film is by Nick Glennie-Smith, and the soundtrack has an 8-minute suite of score. Honestly, who else has this but me?

Well not counting extraneous films or films that never had a proper release, you still have

Jurassic Park, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mission Impossible, James Bond. . . .

• 1 month later...

Okay, finally, my collection (organized by artist, artists are not ordered in anyway):

untitled_5.jpg

John Williams

untitled_6.jpg

John Williams (con.), Howard Shore, Michael Giacchino, John Powell, Gregson-Williams, and more

untitled_7.jpg

Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard, Bernard Herrmann, James Horner, and more

untitled_8.jpg

Hans Zimmer, Alan Menken, Alan Silvestri, Jerry Goldsmith, John Debney, and more

untitled_9.jpg

Mychael Danna, more soundtracks, and other non-soundtrack albums

In total I have about 160 soundtrack, and maybe about 10 non-soundtracks.

Here's an update on my small but humble collection:

Collection1.jpg

Collection2.jpg

I'll be buying the complete recordings for Fellowship and The Two Towers after the new year and hopefully I can start building this collection up then too.

I too put my scores in order by composer last name first then by score in alphabetical order.

I too put my scores in order by composer last name first then by score in alphabetical order.

That's the way to do it. I would post mine but my brother stole my camera.

What did he do that for? There'd be hell if one of my siblings took my camera with out asking me. I'd demand your camera back if I were you.

Edit: The reason why the Star Wars Anthology is on the top shelf is because it couldn't fit on the shelf below...and I figured since the Superman set has four different composers to it I just put it on the top shelf at the beginning.

That's the way to do it. I would post mine but my brother stole my camera.

What did he do that for? There'd be hell if one of my siblings took my camera with out asking me. I'd demand your camera back if I were you.

I would demand it back but he needs it for some digital photography class or something, which is why he took it in the first place. It is kinda selfish, signing up for such a class knowing you would need your own camera, but just taking mine in the end.

It is kinda selfish, signing up for such a class knowing you would need your own camera, but just taking mine in the end.

Ya he should have thought about that and bought himself his own camera. You can get a good camera for a decent price at places like Wal-Mart.

People know better than to take my stuff with out asking because they know I'll raise hell.