Show us your music collection

As you can see from my pics, I'm almost out of DVD space as well. I don't know what to do once it's full. We took out all the ones we replaced on Blu, and think the time is coming to take out the crap we bought a decade ago and will never watch again. Rules Of Engagement and Pokemon 2000 come to mind :)

I'm not shy about trading in movies I don't think I'll watch again to get something different. I've gotten rid of a decent amount of movies the last couple of years. It's my massive TV collection that takes up all the space.

Which one? The black one that holds my CD's is.

That's the one I meant. I recognised the holes and the folds in the back. ROTFLMAO

I have black Billy shelves for my books, but my CDs and DVDs are in Bestås. They're 20cm deep and thus perfect for discs. Only they don't make the 20cm version anymore... and my shelves are nearly full. :)

I should post pics soon.

They sell some kind of shelves just for CD's. Part of the same set up as the ones I have. I don't like them very much though. They're narrow, but the normal height of a shelf. I don't want my CD's going all the way down to the floor.

I don't mind them going all the way to the floor, in fact, they do now; I started at the top parts but by now the shelves are full. But I can't stand those shelves where you can get only 10 discs in a row. I have mine organised alphabetically, and even with the 60cm wide shelves I have now, it's a lot of work rearranging them when I insert a new disc somewhere in the middle.

Sadly, most "official" CD shelves seem to be made for 50 to 100 CDs max.

Well, here we go:

The whole thing:

all.jpg

Classical and soundtracks, ordered alphabetically by composer, top half:

cds_top.jpg

(The top row in the second shelf follows the bottom row in the first shelf, see next picture)

Classical and soundtracks, ordered alphabetically by composer, bottom half, followed by other music followed by TV series:

cds_bottom.jpg

DVDs, top half:

dvds_top.jpg

DVDs, bottom half:

dvds_bottom.jpg

You'll notice that there are several DVDs which stick out; those are still shrinkwrapped and unwatched. In fact, I have 33 unwatched DVDs, 9 of which being movies I've never seen.

Oh, and nevermind that the very bottom row is rather chaotic... there's usually a table more or less in front of the shelves, so you never actually get to see that. Good thing I have all the music on the computer, because many CDs aren't easy to reach without moving the table around.

It's all mixed up. I used to get most of my DVDs in the US versions but nowadays it's mostly the British releases through Play. And the occasional German release I buy locally, which is why you can see plenty of German spines up there... but they're still all sorted according to their original titles. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I don't remember you being a big South Park fan, Marc. I haven't bought any of the DVDs for that, I'm just going to buy induvidual eps at iTunes at some point (same thing with Star Trek TOS).

It's funny you should notice that as well, John. Of all Mr B's CDs and DVDs it was the South Park collection my attention was drawn to. Only the first 9 seasons. Not interested in getting 10-12 Mr B?

I saw my first Southpark episode today, the one with the Satanic Christmas animals. It was pretty funny.

Your first? If you thought that was funny, you should watch some of their other episodes. That one actually wasn't that great.

It's funny you should notice that as well, John. Of all Mr B's CDs and DVDs it was the South Park collection my attention was drawn to. Only the first 9 seasons. Not interested in getting 10-12 Mr B?

I only bought the first nine seasons (and the movie) last Friday.

Season 10 is due for release on May 7th here.

• 1 month later...

Here's a little update of my collection, there are some more CDs on the shelves now. :)

CDkolekcija05-09.jpg

And this is everything film music. ;) Everything JW is on the top shelf, as you might have guessed. :)

filmska05-09.jpg

A fairly modest collection, I know ... :P But hey, at least it's growing all the time. :rolleyes:

Mine's pathetic in comparison; I currently have 87 CDs.

But I have a high 'quality control' process so it's at a manageable size, and if you named a score, I could easily say whether I own it.

Nice collection there Maglorfin. Mine's probably as big as Rich's, maybe a few more CD's though than his. I still need to buy Fellowship Of The Ring's complete recordings to complete the set and I definitely plan to get that this year. Hopefully later this year too I can finally get my collection built up.

Here's a little update of my collection, there are some more CDs on the shelves now. ROTFLMAO

Very nice. Why do you have the FOTR DVD twice?

I'll have to post an update soon, now that I have a better camera... and now that my shelves are pretty much completely full.

I still need to buy Fellowship Of The Ring's complete recordings to complete the set and I definitely plan to get that this year.

Definitely, how come you've waited for so long? ROTFLMAO Of all the LotR CRs, FotR is still my favourite.

Why do you have the FOTR DVD twice?

That's an interesting story. First, I bought it (just the DVDs) here in Slovenia immediately after it came out, and then 2 years or so ago, I saw the complete set with the miniature Argonath on Amazon for an extremely low price (I don't remember how much, but it was VERY cheap) and just ordered it for the sake of getting the Argonath statuettes. ;)

Definitely, how come you've waited for so long? :blink: Of all the LotR CRs, FotR is still my favourite.

Other things came first before soundtracks and when it came to soundtracks, limited edition stuff would always get first consideration. I also didn't know that Reprise/Warner would drop the ball on getting prints of The Two Towers and Return Of The King and letting it go "out of print" for a short time. So naturally when the two were in print I grabbed them as quick as I could then they went "out of print" again. Fellowhsip's is strangely the only one that hasn't done that.

• 10 months later...

I'll have to post an update soon, now that I have a better camera... and now that my shelves are pretty much completely full.

Well, it took me 11 months to finally do that. But in the meantime I at least completely reorganised my shelves, so there's still room left.

4493742908_bc38771b8d_b.jpg

4493106747_5aa47aff6e_b.jpg

4493744988_17f5fb5cc9_b.jpg

DVDs and Blus are in the other room, to be photographed at a later time.

Very impressive Marian! thumbup

And, after almost a year, here's an update of my collection.

CD_kolekcija_april_10.jpg

And the film music "section" ... :)

fg_april_10.jpg

It's not a lot, but hey, we keep it growing at a very steady pace! :D

Marian and Maglorfin - Very impressive... Where do you buy a big ol' set of shelves like that?

Trent - Lookin' good!

Ikea. They actually discontinued mine a year or two ago but seem to have put it back in the catalogue this season. Perfect for CDs I think.

Nice Minas Tirith bookend, Marian. That from the DVD?

Certainly. The Argonath currently reside in the DVD/Blu shelf.

I wonder what percentage of our CD collections here on this board are identical. :D

That would be an interesting project. Determine what CDs EVERYBODY owns, and determine what albums only one or two people own.

I bought it from ebay a few years ago. I was surprised it came with the box. I don't think many of them had the box. The bar codes were blocked out meaning it was a promotional thing I guess I dunno.