Temple of Doom

Melange

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it advertised on todays Sunday Times as a "disappointing sequel" :lol:

Infidels. They shall all drown in lakes of blood. :blink:

I'll see them swing from the highest yardarm in Titan Docking Port for this day's work :D

Lastly, I'll chase them round the outer nebula and round the antares malstrom and round perditions flames before I give them up!!!. :huh:

I'll be watching the Anthony Minghella programme on BBC1 at 9pm...either that or Gavin & Stacey on BBC3.

The BBC edits these moves to hell. Last time I saw Jurassic park on TV it had every single decent shot edited out.

I'm currently watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. Weird film.

Lost is on tonight as well. Screw Indy!

Indeed - I won't waste my time watching "Specially-Ruined-For-TV" versions on the BBC....not that I have actually ever seen the uncut ToD anyway, but the BBC always show the same edited-to-hell version.....as a fully paid up License Holder it makes me sick!

I nearly watched Die Hard on the BBC a few years ago, but the listings said that it was "edited for violence and swearing". What does that leave? :)

I nearly watched Die Hard on the BBC a few years ago, but the listings said that it was "edited for violence and swearing". What does that leave? :)

"Yippee ki-yay kemosabe!" :)

whats cut from JP? all the fun dino attacks?

The lawyer guy getting yanked off the toilet

Lots of shots of dinosaurs ripping other dinosaurs

Don't remember too much about it, but any stuff like that which might 'disturb' a kid.

So, they basically cut the a milestone in SFX, the 1st digital stunt (gennaro), and the amazing shot of the T-rex killing the galliminus.

Just to make the movie PG?

it was PG7 or 13 for some reason...

I fondly remember watching Beverly Hills Cop on BBC 2 in the early 90's. :D

Indeed - I too remember this (and the sequel) - the dubbing was so bad in places that it was funnier than the film....

BTTF wasn't SO bad, since a slightly more family-friendly version was actually filmed ("Jerks" instead of "Ass****s" at the end being the main change, I think - no, it's not dubbed, it was filmed that way)....but there were other bits cut out too I seem to remember - especially anything that might remotely refer to Marty fancying his mum...

Predator is another one that always gets a good trimming by the BBC, along with various Bond movies and a recent vile version of Raiders of the Lost Ark with almost the entire "opening of the ark" sequence cut completely....and I do mean completely.

Hey ho - I will go on paying for my License and stay out of jail like everyone else, I guess....

BTTF wasn't SO bad, since a slightly more family-friendly version was actually filmed ("Jerks" instead of "Ass****s" at the end being the main change, I think - no, it's not dubbed, it was filmed that way)....but there were other bits cut out too I seem to remember - especially anything that might remotely refer to Marty fancying his mum...

That's not what I saw, though. That line was missing completely, and numerous mild swear words were dialed out, resulting in such moments as "Let's see if you [odd pause and complete silence] can do ninety!"

The hanging by bullwhip scene, the Indian dinner sequence and the first sacrificial death by Mola Ram were intact from what I saw of it last Sunday night. That's as far as I saw of it.

The BBC edits these moves to hell. Last time I saw Jurassic park on TV it had every single decent shot edited out.

I'm currently watching 2001: A Space Odyssey. Weird film.

Lost is on tonight as well. Screw Indy!

You know I never got the ending to that film- 2001

Seriously though, when are you guys going to start wearing braces? :)

When are you guys going to cure your anxiety about having perfectly straight and unnaturally white teeth? ;) (ding)

Sex is like the coffee table, both belong in the living froom.

FROOM FROOM....watching too much Top Gear again

a recent vile version of Raiders of the Lost Ark with almost the entire "opening of the ark" sequence cut completely....and I do mean completely.

Meaning...the movie has no ending practically? :blink:

Don't remember too much about it, but any stuff like that which might 'disturb' a kid.

So was it a cliffhanger leaving Gennaro staring down a T-Rex sitting on a toilet bowl?

a recent vile version of Raiders of the Lost Ark with almost the entire "opening of the ark" sequence cut completely....and I do mean completely.

Meaning...the movie has no ending practically? :blink:

You saw the Ark being opened and a fleeting shot of screaming soldiers (accompanied by utterley butchered soundtack, naturally), then cut to the lid slamming back on the Ark.....the whole scene reduced to literally 2 or 3 seconds.....it was laughable.

In the German Version of Temple they cut out everything!!

The Heart of course....

nearly 50% of the fight with guard...

and all of the fight with the maharadja and short round.. ALL OF IT.. suddenly Indy screams stop playing arround and you don't know how shorty even got up there...

are these cuts identical with the british version?

Ummm...no, he doesn't. He looks like Ernest Borgnine, 40 years ago.

German dubbing is a crime against humanity!

you#re right... just yesterday there was a large amnesty international demostration against german dubbing

And yet there's a German rating stamp on my uncut DVD of Temple of Doom. :)

Maybe it's an Austria thing.

Heck, they even censored Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!