So this is.... NOT the first clip from Williams' KOTCS score

crumbs

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard it until now...but I think that's a defenite possibility. Sounds very Indyish indeed (though it almost sounds more like something from Hook than from Indy---still, it sounds amazing!!).

I AM SO EXCITED!

It has a pirate flavor to it, and the choral stuff seems more MV than Williams, but considering the route he went with the SW prequels, and the Russian villains, it makes sense...

It sounds Williams enough to me. The only MVish thing in it is the choir--the rest is very Williams.

If that is the new Williams adventure sound, i'm shuddering. Did it need 50 years of experience to arrive THERE?

Probably Steve Jablonsky did the 'additional music'.

If it isn't Williams, then what is it?

An original piece of music for an Empire ad? Crazy talk, surely?

If it does turn out to be Williams' new score, then we need to decide what to do with the unbelievers.

Is there a plank they could be made to walk?

An exhile perhaps?

Or how about just off with their heads?

If it isn't Williams, then what is it?

An original piece of music for an Empire ad? Crazy talk, surely?

It's probably a track from some production music library. It's a very common practice to use pre-licenced tracks for this kind of promotional material.

I work as promo producer for a TV company and we have lots of production music CDs we use for our purpose. There's a lot of stuff that sounds like film music and it's purposefully written to ape the style of famous composers.

However, this piece doesnìt sound like Williams at all.

That is MV trailer music .If it's Williams I'll eat my hat

If you like we can share your hat if this is Williams...

I know Williams good enought to say this isn't his music.

I want a share of the hat too.

Guys the music starts in a very MV rhythm. Its not just the chorus.

The use of the Choir... that's just to "Un-Williams-esque". Sounds like the music from a Harry Potter Computergame ´somenthing by Jeremy Soule.. or as I said before like John Debney.. But whatever it is, I like it and it doesn't sound TOO MV like to my ears.

I think it could be Williams. I'm not saying it is, but there is a possibility. I remember when the first clip of ROTS was available -- I believe it was R2-D2 sequence in the opening battle -- many people on this Board thought it was MV-ish, but was actually Williams' score. I don't think the opening rhythm is too MV at all. The only part that makes me shaky is the chorus. But like I said, it's possible.

My question is, How would Empire get a hold of clips from the score? Moreover, if it's not Indy music, then how come we can't recognize it from anything else?

Ted

I think it could be Williams. I'm not saying it is, but there is a possibility. I remember when the first clip of ROTS was available -- I believe it was R2-D2 sequence in the opening battle -- many people on this Board thought it was MV-ish, but was actually Williams' score.

And when Chase Through Coruscant first made its way online, no one knew what it was, but I remember quite a few, "Electric Guitars in a Star Wars score? If you think that's Williams, you're insane!" Not that I was sure it was Williams then, but I rememeber thinking, "well it could be."

Of course that doesn't mean this music is Williams, but no one here's heard the score, so although each of us has their own opinions, until the piece is identified, no one knows.

Personally, it's growing on me like Williams' pieces do, and I get that irresistable urge to listen to it again, and again.

My midichlorians tell me it's Williams, and that's all I've got to go by.

If this is what MV sounds like these days they've come along quite a bit since Pirates of the Caribbean...

Really? Coz I think it sounds just as bland. The choir sounds totally misplaced in an Indy score. If anything it sounds more like a rejected Star Wars prequel cue, which isn't really saying much.

I think it could be Williams. I'm not saying it is, but there is a possibility. I remember when the first clip of ROTS was available -- I believe it was R2-D2 sequence in the opening battle -- many people on this Board thought it was MV-ish, but was actually Williams' score. I don't think the opening rhythm is too MV at all. Ted

yes I remember it... the sequence with the buzz droid... and no one thought it was the actual score. The Scorpion Dance or something like that used as temptrack... now some people even doubted that the Horn motiv at the beginning of battle of the heroes was from the original soundtrack, when it was first released in the internet on the ringtone page :)

I also say that it could be williams... but there are several stylistic issues that speak against williams. Hwever iI've ritten Empire a mail... mybe they'll write back.

My question is, How would Empire get a hold of clips from the score? Moreover, if it's not Indy music, then how come we can't recognize it from anything else?

Because, as I said before, this piece is very likely taken from a production music library. There are zillion of generic film music-like pieces in those libraries and they're frequently used in tv ads, commercials, promos, trailers and all that kind of promotional materials. It is very unlikley that LucasFilm licenced the rights to the new and not-yet released Indy soundtrack for promotional use like this one.

And the piece doesn't sound even close to Williams!

Because, as I said before, this piece is very likely taken from a production music library. There are zillion of generic film music-like pieces in those libraries and they're frequently used in tv ads, commercials, promos, trailers and all that kind of promotional materials. It is very unlikley that LucasFilm licenced the rights to the new and not-yet released Indy soundtrack for promotional use like this one.

And the piece doesn't sound even close to Williams!

yes but why not use something from indiana jones.. or atleast a harrison ford related film? i mean they used yoda's theme on the lucas advertisment

You both make good points. One would think there would be some connection between the music and the footage. It seems curious that they would pick a random action-adventure piece to accompany this when there are so many others that would be appropriate.

Again, I'm not on either side of the fence this this one. It could very well be or not be from the score. But for those who are absolutely certain it's not: go back and watch the Tank Chase in LC, particularly the moment of gunplay between Indy and the head Nazi (whatever his name is), when Indy is on horseback. There is a heroic motif there that is epic and threatening, and could very well be considered un-Williams-like if it were pulled from its original context. It's chord progressions and epic sound are similar to this piece, which also seems kind of similar to Battle of the Heroes. So I think there are definite similarities, just not similarities to the more lighthearted Indy action music.

Ted

yes but why not use something from indiana jones.. or atleast a harrison ford related film?

Because licensing an OST recording for a promotional purpose like this (40-sec clip) would cost a hell lot of money!

yes but why not use something from indiana jones.. or atleast a harrison ford related film?

Because licensing an OST recording for a promotional purpose like this (40-sec clip) would cost a hell lot of money!

...true.. but Empire's Indiana Jones Diaries and all of that features in the upcoming issue... who knows what lucasfilm would do for advertisment :)

Classic pre-new-Williams-release JWFan interaction.

Yes there it goes again.. and this time I can join this discussions... ;)

...true.. but Empire's Indiana Jones Diaries and all of that features in the upcoming issue... who knows what lucasfilm would do for advertisment :)

Well, I think that if Empire got an exclusive preview of the new Indy score, they would push it in a much more appropriate fashion...

Well, I think that if Empire got an exclusive preview of the new Indy score, they would push it in a much more appropriate fashion...

yes but then again think how this site got to know the Official new theme from EPIII as I mentioned before... through a handy realtone download site hehee -_-

but yes I've listened to it several times now.. and I have to admit that I trust Mr. Andrade more and more... but i think it exiting that a bit of the new score has found its way now in the net

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. The FSM site isn't loading for me. Is there any confirmation one way or the other?

Ted

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. The FSM site isn't loading for me. Is there any confirmation one way or the other?

Ted

Did you check the link provided?