So this is.... NOT the first clip from Williams' KOTCS score

crumbs

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Miss Padmé, when the real score leaks on the net no doubt a thread will be created in no time. That definitely sounded to media ventures or game stylish to be from the real score. There's no way that Empire Online could get music from the score this early.

That the piece came from a computer game proves nothing.

It is still possible that, either through chance or through deliberate plagiarism, Williams wrote exactly the same piece for Indy 4.

So the new score could still sound exactly like that clip.

IIRC, the AOTC OST leaked complete, so noone doubted it was Williams. If something leaked 1st whas the love theme.

The only freak out people had was that with the name 'Across the stars', people thought it could be a song.

And well Williams has used Electric guitars in his 60s scores.

Yeah it was leaked, but there was still some initial doubt. Fair enough too, healthy skepticism is a good thing.

It could have well been somthing different either labeled Star Wars mistakenly or through a deliberate and evil deception.

And yes of course Williams knows what guitars are, but no one expected guitars in a Star Wars score.

I think the comment I recall came from someone who hadn't heard it but had read mention of the guitars and thought, "If there are electric guitars in there, then it's not from the new Star Wars score." He was wrong as we know, but he made a good case.

Anyway, how do we know the piece of game music concerned wasn't written by Williams under a pen name?

There's a good 6 weeks during 2005 that we can't account for Williams activities 24/7.

That the piece came from a computer game proves nothing.

It is still possible that, either through chance or through deliberate plagiarism, Williams wrote exactly the same piece for Indy 4.

So the new score could still sound exactly like that clip.

Probably they will just track the game music into the Indy 4 movie and attach Williams name for album sales.

Colin Thomson

Pete come on, I think Blumenkohl is right about this one, be a bit realistic here. I for one believe him when he says it's from a video game. I have heard of that game but never played it.

Actually the brass writing is very Williams-styled including the motivic imitative counterpoint between parts. This is a technique that the buffoons at MV don't know about and do not employ. Sadly, many film composers do not use this compositional device because they just don't have their garbage together. Williams does.

However, the choral writing does not sound like Williams.

Anyway, how do we know the piece of game music concerned wasn't written by Williams under a pen name?
Pete come on, I think Blumenkohl is right about this one, be a bit realistic here. I for one believe him when he says it's from a video game. I have heard of that game but never played it.

I believe him too, I was just putting the idea forward that the score may have been written by Williams using a pen name.

There's no way that Empire Online could get music from the score this early.

Well, it is technically possible. It is all recorded now, after all. But I doubt we would have heard it this way. When we do hear it first, it will probably be in an IndianaJones.com video or from a site like SoundtrackNet.

There's a good 6 weeks during 2005 that we can't account for Williams activities 24/7.

That's a joke, right?

I'll say this once, and I hope everyone gets it the first time...

When Williams isn't writting for film, he is either conducting, or writting concert music. He never wrote for a video game.

There's always a first time for everything.

You're not reading what I wrote... HE NEVER WROTE A SCORE FOR A VIDEO GAME!

He might, but I doubt it, and frankly, I hope he spends the remaining of his time writting serious music instead of another film score...

hre Epic Horn are fantastic... agreed about the real live perfprming sound. that brassy fast metallic smashing sound.... but in ten - 15 years I thinbk you won' thear a differnce

Who knows. It's also about the imperfections between the horn players etc., so it would require a different approach, including synthesis to emulate those imperfections, legato techniques etc etc. to get there.

hre Epic Horn are fantastic... agreed about the real live perfprming sound. that brassy fast metallic smashing sound.... but in ten - 15 years I thinbk you won' thear a differnce

Who knows. It's also about the imperfections between the horn players etc., so it would require a different approach, including synthesis to emulate those imperfections, legato techniques etc etc. to get there.

yes you're right... but that#s what they (VSL) do, isn't it? there legato now is really impressive... but then again does it make sanse to imitate a live performance when i could have 100 gfted musicians... performing with their heart? yes economically it makes perfect sense. but that belongs to a different topic :sigh:

Ok I got this today from Empire..

It's actually a royalty-free track called 'The Conquerors', I forget the name of the composer but it's available for purchase on http://www.mediamusicnow.co.uk/

Ok I got this today from Empire..
It's actually a royalty-free track called 'The Conquerors', I forget the name of the composer but it's available for purchase on http://www.mediamusicnow.co.uk/

So the anwer was as simple as asking the source and none of us thought about it...

I suppose that using all the brain and not just half helps a little :sigh:

That's a joke, right?

Right!

MMmmm so if that music is royalty free, there's still hope that Williams score will be thrown out and the royalty free piece tracked into the film.

I take back what I've said about the Indy 4 score.

Right now, it can't come soon enough.

Not because of however great the music may be, but just for the sake of this board's sanity (although I doubt we'll be free of rediculous discussions - May's gonna be hell...).

My God, so this is what happens after I've gone to bed. I return on my working lunch to find four pages of ravenous, nonsensical speculation concerning some crummy piece of orchestrated sound. Just to think some peeps here actually questioned whether or not this was even Williams music, let alone music for Indy 4 is astoundingly laughable!

The doubters should hold their heads in shame. :nono:;):nod:

Not because of however great the music may be, but just for the sake of this board's sanity (although I doubt we'll be free of rediculous discussions - May's gonna be hell...).

Yeah, that case was lost many months ago.

People, a real track from KOTCS:

The Football Chase

It's really pure Williams! Maybe a action scene set in a football stadium. ;)

I hate to break it to you, but Williams didn't write that either

The Football Chase

Why not? That piece was composed less than 1 year ago.

The Football Chase

Why not? That piece was composed less than 1 year ago.

I forget the title, but it's from a computer game.

And here I though the Blue Box would take everyone's minds off of Indy4 for awhile.

Silly me.