If every moment of your life was a movie...

ChuckM

If your entire life had a continuously running soundtrack, who would compose it? Give both who you would like to do it, and who you think has the musical style that fits your life the best.

And give (at least) your first two choices for each (since we'll probably get mostly JW as the first choice).

For who I would prefer:

John Williams, then Danny Elfman.

For who would probably be best:

Well, my life isn't too particularly interesting, so probably lower key composers. Maybe Randy Edelman, then Alan Silvestri.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually thought about this before. It's really hard to say. I would prefer James Newton Howard, his style seems to fit my everyday life the best. Maybe John Powell to add some peaking flutes or whistles for the fun times with friends.

Do I really need to answer that?

Well, Johnny Williams, of course, on his Stanley and Iris/Accidental Tourist/Stepmom/Sabrina/Angela's Ashes vein... and a lot of his concert music too. And a little bit of jazz as well...

Fortunatelly, my life isn't that interesting to make a movie out of it ;)

Since most of my life is boring, it'd have to be mostly source music stuff... in that respect, maybe Ron Grainer in Omega Man mode?

But if we're talking conventional scoring, I want something that can encompass a multitude of genres and styles, something completely unlike what the other members of the board would do... so I'm thinking Conti, Schifrin, or Serra.

if ever there was need for a 10 foot rolling eyes smiley this is the thread for it.

typical fan boy respones.

A. John Williams.. pathetic

B. Michael Giachinno..super pathetic

C. Hans Zimmer...ok, I'm a freaking idiot put a plastic bag on my head and hold it tight for 5 min.

My life is a super-opera, so if I can't score it myself, then Hans could probably do a, blunt if accurate job.

I actually have to agree with Joe here (wow, second time)... choosing the currently 2 most popular composers on this board just seems to lack any sort of imagination.

I'd go with Koray's choice of JNH. He can compose some effective but often boring underscore (matching my life perfectly) and has those little shining moments.

If Hitch and I starred in a buddy flick, I'd say Alf Clausen would capture our random obscure references perfectly.

You have personally VOUCHED!!!! James Horner all the way mate....followed by John Adams

Give both who you would like to do it, and who you think has the musical style that fits your life the best.

, perhaps? ;)

Now you've got to ask yourself a question. Is he scoring me as Harry? ;) Or as Scorpio? :P

Well to tell you the truth I've kinda forgotten myself, in all this EXCITEMENT :lol:

C. Hans Zimmer...ok, I'm a freaking idiot put a plastic bag on my head and hold it tight for 5 min.

Funny how you were the first to mention Hans.

A Freudian slip perhaps? ;)

well according to my avatar... Mrs. Portman "hahaaa" (Rachel) ;)

Well I'd say Thomas Newman... I doubt Mr. Williams would be interested to Score my life... exept of course if I would have been created by Steven Spielberg!

I actually have to agree with Joe here (wow, second time)... choosing the currently 2 most popular composers on this board just seems to lack any sort of imagination.

I don't want any half ass bland composer scoring my life. I've plenty of sad and good times. I may complain from time to time but I've had a damn good life so far and I'd want great music to go with it.

Funny how you were the first to mention Hans.

thats your job to read all the posts, not mine. I don't bother anymore. perhaps things are looking up.

Probably JW. He's great at scoring a variety of different types of music, that would fit the changing emotions of life very well. Then I guess JNH, but I don't own enough scores of anybody other than JW to make that decision.

For who I would prefer:

....then Danny Elfman.

That must be a pretty interesting life! :P

I'd go with Koray's choice of JNH. He can compose some effective but often boring underscore (matching my life perfectly) and has those little shining moments.

I don't want any half ass bland composer scoring my life. I've plenty of sad and good times. I may complain from time to time but I've had a damn good life so far and I'd want great music to go with it.

(n/m)

Are you trying to say that anyone who isn't the 'most popular' on this board is bland and unexciting? What I was trying to say is that I think it would be very boring if everyone thought Williams was the guy to score their life.

(excuse my previous comment Mark, I really thought you were referring to JNH)

No not every composer but I'd want the best and Williams is the best. And Giacchino composes in a similar style to Williams so since Goldsmith and Poledouris (And several other greats) have passed and Elfman's style wouldn't fit my life I picked those two.