The Custom Covers Thread

On 12/10/2017 at 3:33 PM, heidl said:

My first one:

Thanks heidl, that's beautiful. By the way, your Rogue One covers are fantastic! Especially that Empire of the Sun LLL homage.

Looking forward to your next TLJ goodies (hope you decide to tackle the Dolby Cinema one with Paul Shipper art)!

3 hours ago, heidl said:

Also, as requested, here's my idea of a custom cover based on Paul Shipper's incredible poster.

Thanks for that heidl, lovely symmetry with your Struzan TFA cover from two years ago. :)

Question to Justanothercrow421 and heidl, will either of you be making covers for the expected FYC music? (mock-ups below - credit to the original creators and artists)

The Last Jedi FYC alt sm.jpg

The Last Jedi FYC sm.jpg

14 hours ago, heidl said:

Awesome! I'd love to add this one to my blog, if you don't mind?

By all means! Thanks! 

Big fan of your work.

11 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Question to Justanothercrow421 and heidl, will either of you be making covers for the expected FYC music? (mock-ups below - credit to the original creators and artists)

I wasn't planning on it, but I may.

The jewel case version of TFA has the same empty starfield back cover as the digipack.

EDIT: Oh, you meant a fan-made one, nevermind.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

The jewel case version of TFA has the same empty starfield back cover as the digipack.

EDIT: Oh, you meant a fan-made one, nevermind.

Well, here in the US, we never even got a jewel case one. 

Fantastic work, @heidl.Thanks a lot for your efforts. Your contributions are greatly appreciated as always. 

On 12/18/2017 at 1:07 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Heidl, is there any possibility that you could re-create these two Japanese SW covers? I've searched online for hi-res versions but no luck:

Spoiler

Empire Strikes Back Gerhardt Japan Large.jpg

Star Wars Trilogy Kojian Japan CD.jpg

Would you want the Japanese panel on the left to be present as it appears in that second pic when recreated? 

3 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Would you want the Japanese panel on the left to be present as it appears in that second pic when recreated? 

No, I don't want the obi, I just didn't have a pic of that cover without it (except a really tiny one).

Is there any the last Jedi artwork that is made in the stuzan special editions - prequels way? TFA final poster was like that but the last Jedi seems to have broken tradition completely :(

Related to the above question, @heidl is there any chance of you doing a series of matching covers based on the Struzan artwork (and similar) for the entire series?

I did some of my own in the past, but that is downright childish compared to what you can do!

53 minutes ago, heidl said:

@JTWfan77: I will "cover" your requests as well.

Thanks so much heidl, can't wait to see the end result! I'll see if I can find any other scans to help with the font and layout matching. I'll post them here as I find them.

I know it's asking a lot, but if you felt up to it, it would be great to have matching covers for the other two Gerhardt SW score recordings. :) The official covers ( including the reissues) were never that great to hegin with.

81R43I5WOoL._SL1500_.jpg

222005223.jpg

R-10587822-1505376541-4215.jpeg.jpg

81xlh9leOFL._SL1500_.jpg

91lCGkBDtZL._SL1500_.jpg

2 hours ago, heidl said:

I have both the original and the prequel trilogy on the plate for the upcoming year, probably within the next 2-3 months. And based on the source material I've collected so far, I'm sure there will be plenty of covers that'll match your tastes.

Brilliant! I'll be looking forward to that. Much appreciated. :D

2 hours ago, heidl said:

I know these schedules sound ridiculous as it's still just fucking custom artwork we're talking about. But I do like to take my time and sometimes things grow out of control (see Prometheus or Stranger Things for example), especially on a project of this scale.

Not a problem at all. I'm in no rush. The quality of your work shows clearly how much time and effort you put into it.

In the end, the wait will be worth it; I'm convinced of that.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:56 AM, heidl said:

swtlj8_02.jpg?w=150 swtlj8_03.jpg?w=150 swtlj8_103.jpg?w=150

Today I have finally published my latest blog post for The Last Jedi.
If you're interested, this way.

As a teaser, here's my latest (but not final) piece for TLJ:

swtlj8_13_mockup_alt_gif_small1.gif

(sorry if I spam some of you on my various social media channels. I'm only advertising...)

The two left images where did you get them from? I mean I know there's textless and I generally go to Cinematerial but they aren't allowed to post Disney stuff.

Edit: Also I use photoshop and how to do you get the full image with out it distorting or whatever? For example I use 1418x1418 for my images.

Take a look at this thread and prepare to spend hours and hours downloading images:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=176706

My cover is basically puzzled together from various different(ly oriented) images. It was quite complicated to end up with a square version, but I just can't stand distorted images.

Does anyone know of (or have created) a cover set for the LotR Trilogy? I'm kind of tired of using the CR covers, I want something new for my latest (this time, final for real) reedit. The movie poster ones I see on my OST CDs, those are out, too.

• 3 weeks later...

@heidl While you are tackling all those SW covers, any chance you could please look at individual covers for the two Ewok movie scores? And possibly something for Star Tours too? Many thanks.

On 26/01/2018 at 6:43 AM, JTWfan77 said:

And possibly something for Star Tours too?

Seconded!

Plus I wouldn't mind stuff like Shadows of the Empire and various of the games with original music either (Old Republic, Force Unleashed, etc.).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can find, HD images for these covers, preferably all in the same resolution:

sw 1.jpg

sw 2.jpg

sw 3.jpg

sw 4.jpg

sw 5.jpg

sw 6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, John said:

Was wondering if anyone has, or knows where I can find, HD images for these covers, preferably all in the same resolution:

This .zip file should have the Episode 1 to 5 covers all at true 1200 x 1200 resolution. I don't have the Return of the Jedi cover at true 1200 by 1200, so it is of a slightly lower resolution, but has been scaled up to be the same dimensional size as the other covers. 

Sorry for the late response. 

10 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

This .zip file should have the Episode 1 to 5 covers all at true 1200 x 1200 resolution. I don't have the Return of the Jedi cover at true 1200 by 1200, so it is of a slightly lower resolution, but has been scaled up to be the same dimensional size as the other covers. 

Sorry for the late response. 

Awesome, thank you!

On 10 April 2018 at 5:16 AM, Trent B said:

Here are two alternate covers I did for the Deluxe Editions of Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond.

Star Trek Beyond.jpg

Star Trek Into Darkness 3.jpg

Nice work Trent! Your matching ST '09 cover at FSM is brilliant too.

Any chance you could please do a matching ST: ID cover using this image (or at least the top half of it):

th?id=OIP.l7PeChHDMyqEwDy9iN6w8AHaLH&w=1

I like the consistency created by using floating heads for all three covers.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...