The Custom Covers Thread

46 minutes ago, heidl said:

What is Set 3 about? Are these stills or recreations of the opening credits? 

A bit of both I guess, it’s actually based on/a continuation of the recently released steelbook blu-rays www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/462179-james-bond-steelbook-blu-rays-are-on-the-way/amp and my goal is to finish the set, using the opening credits as templates.

Thanks! For titles I purchased on CD I generally do not print covers (except for used titles that have damaged or missing artwork). If purchasing digitally, I do like to print a cover but have only done so for a few of my digital titles. It's nice to have something "physical" in my collection even if it is just a placeholder denoting ownership (pedantic much?)

With regards to using covers digitally, I honestly haven't gone that far, simply because I've amassed so many great custom covers over the years and haven't had the time to sort them out. I haven't even gotten around to adding artwork to my recent physical purchases even though I have them in my digital library.

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Thanks! For titles I purchased on CD I generally do not print covers (except for used titles that have damaged or missing artwork). If purchasing digitally, I do like to print a cover but have only done so for a few of my digital titles. It's nice to have something "physical" in my collection even if it is just a placeholder denoting ownership (pedantic much?)

With regards to using covers digitally, I honestly haven't gone that far, simply because I've amassed so many great custom covers over the years and haven't had the time to sort them out. I haven't even gotten around to adding artwork to my recent physical purchases even though I have them in my digital library.

Oh, so you made the CE3K covers just for fun.

27 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Oh, so you made the CE3K covers just for fun.

Pretty much. It's my one and only creative outlet.

Another variant in my upcoming Bond collection.

This time it's a remaster of the original vinyl LP cover, with very minor changes for personal taste :)

WVLMZx.jpg

I will do a remaster/recreation for the rest of the series' entries..

4 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

A Fistfull of Dollars.JPGFor a Few Dollars More.JPGThe Good, the Bad and the Ugly.JPG

My attempt at custom cover-ing the Dollars trilogy, using some neat artwork (not mine).

Nice! Do you own any of the official CD releases of these scores? If you're interested in my spare copies of the expanded scores to A Fistful of Dollars and Once Upon a Time in the West, PM me.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, Mr. Who said:

Some covers for Zimmer's Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and Inferno:

Good lord, these are good. You really should show your work to the studios (or whoever they hire); this is truly stellar stuff.

One for the FSM release of Poltergeist:

WsIza7.jpg

One for the FSM release of Gremlins:

WsInlF.jpg

And finally, the British classic The Italian Job:

WsZQp0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Hurwitz Fan said:

Wow. Really cool work all around! Has anyone tried doing custom soundtrack covers for any Hurwitz scores like La la land or Whiplash or First Man?

I did a variation on Mondo's First Man vinyl as a small homage to the original LP for The Right Stuff:

WU1uIC.jpg

And then you should check out heidl's astonishing additions to Whiplash:

whiplash2.jpg

Yes, I've been using the Mondo artwork for my digital files. That's a great touch-up you've got there though. And I've also used Heidl's Whiplash covers for some time now too! 

Anyone want to try their hand at these? Found these posters online and thought they would make for some great custom covers. 

DEB7AFEE-062D-44D8-8FE4-06E6E0475A20.jpeg

0BF8D1CE-73A7-4F8B-BF5F-6EB80784BFF5.jpeg

91A18629-D2D1-4C03-8AC5-2E083A913CD0.jpeg

1 hour ago, John said:

Anyone want to try their hand at these? Found these posters online and thought they would make for some great custom covers. 

Where did you find these/do you know who made them/can you get them in higher-res? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...