The Custom Covers Thread

@WampaRat Really dig those How To Train Your Dragon covers, especially seeing as many of the fan creations I've seen circulating have not really interested me. That being said (excuse my pickiness), is there any chance you could work out a copy that doesn't include the subtitle (A Forbidden Friendship, War of the Alphas) on the first two films? In any case, many thanks for your contribution and great work! I'll be using these for the recent expansion of the first score in my library (and hopefully the next two in the future!). :D:up:

3 minutes ago, caikelm said:

Hi guys, I'm a new user (kind of, I actually posted some Star Wars covers last year before I got massively disappointed by Rise of Skywalker) and I was thinking of posting some stuff I made over the years here.

Welcome!

When I make a cover, I usually don't know where I will use it (a standard ost, a complete ost, a special edition ost, so on) so I always make "original soundtrack", "expanded soundtrack" and "complete soundtrack" versions of each cover. That means I have at least 3 different versions of each cover. So which ones do I post?

Whatever you want!

Also, is there a problem if a custom cover I made is too similar to someone else's? Sometimes I see a cover someone made and I love the concept but it's low resolution or it has wrong or misplaced text, or I simply want to make a similar cover but with entirely new text. Can I post these? I "remade" some covers from official releases too.

Go for it!

I also sometimes straight up edit other people's covers to my personal preferences (did that to a LOT of mondo stuff). I reckon I edited a good deal of tintacle's and heidl's covers, but I will not post these, however, I've been doing this for years for personal use only so if I post someone else's cover accidentaly, PLEASE let me know so I can delete it, it's because I probably forgot where I got the original.

I doubt people will really care about that but it's nice of you to think of them!

Anyways it's good to see there's so many people that enjoy these soundtracks and their presentation :v

Here are some of the stuff I made.

Great work!

I couldn't find a clean image of the cool Inside Out cover with the colored circles, the ones I found always had some weird tiny black "stains" and looked dirty. So I remade it :v

(Btw, sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not really familiarized with this kind of stuff, but how do I post the covers without them looking so BIG in here? I've seen people post covers in small size that open in full resolution when clicked, thanks in advance!)

INSIDE OUT ost.png

INSIDE OUT complete ost.png

INSIDE OUT expanded ost.png

13 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

My relatively simple covers for the first season of "The Mandalorian", using the fantastic paintings Paul Mann made for the vinyl release:

WOAH!  Those are amazing!  Great work!

6 hours ago, caikelm said:

(Btw, sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not really familiarized with this kind of stuff, but how do I post the covers without them looking so BIG in here? I've seen people post covers in small size that open in full resolution when clicked, thanks in advance!)

I don't think you can quickly and easily.  I also think what you are doing is perfectly fine.

If you do want to do what you're talking about, you'd have to create a small version and put that in the post, and then use the chain link icon to make it a link to some external site where you are hosting the larger version.  I don't know why that would be preferable over what you're already doing, which seems perfectly fine and normal to me!

The Haunting of Hill House & The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Based on the ones from Waxwork Records.

I really wanted to make a Hill House one without the Crain kids in it but couldn't find a high resolution image of the poster without them. Does anybody have one? :v

HILL HOUSE ost.jpg

HILL HOUSE expanded ost.jpg

HILL HOUSE complete ost.jpg

BLY MANOR ost.jpg

BLY MANOR expanded ost.jpg

BLY MANOR complete ost.jpg

On 10/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, FrankV said:

et-the-extraterrestrial-cover.jpg

Beautiful!

Thanks Frank😊

1604091505396.jpg

The 007 Custom Covers Collection

( originals can be found here or at FSM)

Thanks to all who contributed the art work!

1604092637473.jpg[I posted this the day before Sean passed away!😥]

-- RE-POST --

• Halloween
  • Halloween II
  • Halloween III: Season of the Witch
  • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • Halloween (2018)

Happy Halloween Everybody!

I added logos and credits to the Mondo vinyl artworks.

Artwork by Phantom City Creative

ierBxc.jpg

Artwork by Mike Saputo

ier37Z.jpg

Artwork by Brandon Schaefer

ier4FP.jpg

Artwork by Alan Hynes

ierpIm.jpg

Artwork by Gary Pullin

ier7mi.jpg

Artwork by Randy Ortiz

ierOoo.jpg

Artwork by Chris Bilheimer

ierl89.jpg

On 10/28/2020 at 7:17 PM, Laserschwert said:

My relatively simple covers for the first season of "The Mandalorian", using the fantastic paintings Paul Mann made for the vinyl release:

1.png

Those are exemplary! I'm guessing Mondo hired him directly to paint that artwork, rather than Disney?

Would love this sort of treatment on the 9 Star Wars films for those eventual expansions, given all the existing artwork has been done to death (and there'd be no consistency, given 40 years of changing marketing trends).

58 minutes ago, caikelm said:

btw, does anyone know of any other threads similar to this one? Where people post their own covers and stuff? :v

You probably know about this one already, but here goes:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=138846&forumID=1&archive=0

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Are you asking about other threads on this forum, or other forums that have similar threads?

I meant other forums with similar threads. It's just that we usually post covers on these forums and nowhere else, making it really difficult to find specific ones or very good ones. There are a lot of amazing covers I found purely by chance in here :v

5 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

You probably know about this one already, but here goes:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=138846&forumID=1&archive=0

Omg I found this one some days ago but I was so busy with other stuff that I completely forgot about it, thank you!

Also I've been watching a bunch of westerns recently for some reason so here's one more (sorry I tend to make millions of variations of the same cover):

UNFORGIVEN black ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN black sky ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN black square ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN wine ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN wine sky ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN wine sky square ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN wine square ost.jpg

UNFORGIVEN black sky square ost.jpg

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

No version without the floating heads + sunset riders?

Or just without the floating heads + no sunset riders either?

I can make a version with no riders and no head
But I think the image of Eastwood with the heads on his back is a different image from the one with no heads
The one with the heads looks like a painting and the other one looks like a photo, and I liked the painting one better. Maybe I will try to remove the heads from his back later but I was able to quickly make this:

UNFORGIVEN noheads ost.jpg

I just realized it's kinda redundant to have Clint Eastwood's face on Clint Eastwood's back haha