The Custom Covers Thread

@Steffromuk Nice work, but you may want to check the lower edge, there's something there I can't unsee:)

Thank you John. Makes me wonder if Tom Guernsey, the chap who requested it, has seen it? I haven't got around to Prince Of Players yet but it's in the pipeline:up:

10 minutes ago, raferjanders said:

@Steffromuk Nice work, but you may want to check the lower edge, there's something there I can't unsee:)

Help me out! My eyes don't seem to be working. I'm not seeing what you're talking about

29 minutes ago, raferjanders said:

At the bottom on the outer edge. There's a patch of blue below the green dino.

oh this! Well, it was actually intentional cause it's the continuation of the framing.

But I guess it's visually bugging, so I'll remove it when I get home.

1 hour ago, raferjanders said:

Thank you John. Makes me wonder if Tom Guernsey, the chap who requested it, has seen it? I haven't got around to Prince Of Players yet but it's in the pipeline:up:

Re Garden Evil, can't say I've ever seen it and not sure it was ever on my radar to see if I'm honest. Is it any good?! I was hoping for a prequel though, Garden of Slightly Disreputable.

3 hours ago, raferjanders said:

@Tom Guernsey

I was referring to the cover I made for you Tom, not whether you'd seen the film. You didn't seem to acknowledge it at all.

Sincere apologies. My bad. In my eagerness to download and update the artwork in iTunes I totally forgot. However thank you kindly. Great work and very much appreciated!

I haven't read the previous 37 pages of this thread, but has anyone attempted to make a custom cover of Frederic Talgorn's YOUNG INDIANA JONES music that he put out on the interwebz fairly recently (two long suites)? If you take the Curt Sobel music to be Vol. 5, that would then be Vol. 6.

I don't know if it's possible to use any of the "Trenches of Hell" artwork that exists online (resolution and framing too low and cropped).

That's great, thanks. Now all one needs to do is to transpose some of the fonts of the existing four volumes (well, 5 if you count the unofficial Sobel one) onto that cover. You know, sorta like this -- only with transparent backgrounds for the logos, and obviously change 'one' with 'six' and the composer name, and to make it an even square resolution (not 500x530 like this). Alas, this is where my feeble Photoshop skills stop. :(

test3.jpg

I think that's a good effort, monkey! Well done and thanks! I would perhaps have centered the composer names under 'music composed and conducted by', but no biggie. I'm just impressed you found similar fonts and the whole transparency thing...way beyond me.

13 hours ago, a good little monkey said:

Okay, here's what I got. I tried framing it the way it is in the mock up but I couldn't quite get it to work that way. If anyone wants to try to make a better version, by all means! I've also added my remake of the Volume Five cover as well, shoutout to whoever made the original.

Young Indiana Jones Volume Six.jpg

Young Indy Volume Five.jpg

These are great! @Thor are the Sobel tracks on YouTube like the Talgorn ones?

2 hours ago, raferjanders said:

Prince of Players alternate.png

Prince Of Players.png

Also excellent. Thank you. 

25 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

These are great! @Thor are the Sobel tracks on YouTube like the Talgorn ones?

Some form of them are, but not the version that is in circulation.....uhm, elsewhere.

3 hours ago, raferjanders said:

@JTWfan77

Hannie Caulder ... yes, their choice of cover was disappointingly on the lazy side.

Yeah, I thought Quartet's choice of front cover art would be better suited to the inside of the inlay tray.

9 minutes ago, heidl said:

Steve Jobs (2015)

Daniel Pemberton

stevejobs2-1.jpg

stevejobs6-1.jpg

stevejobs7_v1-1.jpg

stevejobs9_white.jpg

stevejobs11-3.jpg

This is awesome! Love the use of the Apple iPod ads with the silhouettes and the iPod player covers!

Is the movie any good?

Thank you :)

I think the movie is quite fascinating and features some great performances. Yet I still think it's an eternal shame that we didn't get David Fincher's version starring Christian Bale. It could have been terrific!

Does anyone have, or know where I could find the logos to the Harry Potter movies in good quality? I can’t seem to find them all the same size, or in a high-enough resolution.

5 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Love those Flint covers!

Yeah they are great!

All the Dial of Destiny covers are great too... all we need are two sweepstakes. The person whose custom cover is closest to the actual cover and whether we now have enough custom covers so there's a different one for each track of the OST ;-)