Hans Zimmer Appreciation Thread

Koray Savas

TEARS is another good exam0le of collaboration producing good results!

On 6/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, Koray Savas said:

Film has always been a collaborative art, in all facets. You have a director, but they have countless assistants that shoot footage as well. No one disparages them for “taking all the credit.”

Leone...Morricone....Eastwood.

Take away any element and the greatness fades.

Nuff said!

12 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It’s a pretty bizarre hodgepodge of musicians. ....

Yeah, but on CD at least , it flows nicely together.

That final track is Zimmer/Lebo at their best!

Always amazes me that the German/British Zimmer has such a great feal for music from Africa!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KK said:

Meh. It's kind of generic. And the "da-dum" cap definitely needs to be louder.

Agreed. Great opportunity to represent it with some powerful bass, but it falls flat.

8 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Sounds like Man Of Steel to me. 

I've been listening to Dark Phoenix more recently. But yes, I can now hear the ostinatos from MoS.

It's got some memorability, just not very original.

37 minutes ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Zimmer seems to get really snarky and bitchy at people on John Ottman's Facebook posts.

And deservedly so. If I had been Ottman, I would have removed all those idiot Trump supporters from the friend list.

5 hours ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

Zimmer seems to get really snarky and bitchy at people on John Ottman's Facebook posts.

And he posts crappy Facebook quotes crudely wishing death on people. He seems like a great guy...

On 8/16/2020 at 3:15 PM, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

These Hollyweirdos all seem like pleasant folks.

Well, people who don't live in the real world are more prone to adapting ideologies to fill that void. And ideologies inevitably lead to unreasonable hate towards those who don't share it. 

I mean, if you want people to die because they don't think what you think, you pretty much need to lock yourself into a dark closet, until you get priorities right. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, belated happy birhday to one of my greatest film music heroes -- second only to Williams at this point!

I have to do a top 10, not 5:

1. BEYOND RANGOON

2. The Rock

3. Crimson Tide

4. The Thin Red Line

5. The Da Vinci Code

6. K2

7. Interstellar

8. Gladiator

9. Inception

10. The Lion King

Honourable mentions to: Black Rain, Rain Man, Days of Thunder, Backdraft, Thelma & Louise, Point of No Return, The House of the Spirits, The Last Samurai, Green Card, Fools of Fortune, Regarding Henry....I could go on, but have to stop.

zimmer.jpg

1 hour ago, Thor said:

You just can't help yourself, can you, gkgyver? But that's OK. You have the dubious honour of being the second person on my ignore list.

No, I can't help expressing my thoughts. I'm terribly sorry for disrupting the peace, chancellor Palpatine. 

Since you're surely for the expression of all points of view, should someone open a "Hans Zimmer Dislike Thread", I'm sure you and the Zimmer clique will stay out of it, unless you have something explicitly critical to say? Since, you know, you're trying to forbid posting here unless you have something explicitly positive to say?