Why Concord Records?

Josh500

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere on this forum (or not), but can anyone give me a straight answer? Why not Decca or Sony Classical or Warmer Music etc.?

Did Concord win an auction or what???

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why a spoon cousin?

Who cares? As long as the score is released legally on a legit label it doesn't really matter to me.

Maybe they want to expand their musical choices. It looks like they've gathered several labels under their name and maybe they want to start releasing film scores.

Maybe one of the labels they acquired or are going to has the first three IJ films in their catalogue and they decided to release the 4th one.

Who knows, perhaps as we get closer to the release date they will explain on their website.

If not, sit back and enjoy the music and don't sweat it.

It's quite alright that a small little company starts releasing high profile soundtracks. We all know how well we'be been treated by the larger companies in some aspects.

Is it possible that Lucasfilm was looking to rerelease the old scores, so they included the licensing of the new film score with the old scores as package deal? Perhaps none of the big labels were interested in the old scores, so Concord landed the deal.

Is it possible that Lucasfilm was looking to rerelease the old scores, so they included the licensing of the new film score with the old scores as package deal? Perhaps none of the big labels were interested in the old scores

Fools if that was the case.

None of this really matters though. We're getting a score release and that's the important thing. I've already preordered it on Amazon. I'm not expecting anything as face explodingly-spectacular as Temple of Doom but it should be good. Yes, yes. Johnny shan't let us down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious, that's all!!!

I mean, it DOES seem a little strange, IMHO, that a record company no one's ever heard of should release the most anticipated soundtrack of 2008.

Lowest bidder...

DUH!

And yes, they will release internationally because their distribution is handled by Universal.

Let's hope so...I'm living on the other side of the earth here without the ability to buy online...

really who cares as long as its released.

the track list we have at Barnes and Noble shows 18 tracks but 5 of them are 1950's songs.

Hmmm,this makes me wonder...was there a moment where my April's Fool thread could have really happened? Meaning a big label was NOT going to release a score album?

I've never stopped and wonder if we could one day be as unfortunate as Danny Elfman fans

See,our worst nightmare is coming to pass. After waiting 3 years for a new JW score ,we get tossed a gimmicky release with 1/3 of the c.d. beeing old songs.Add to that the c.d beeing bookended by the Raiders March and End Credits reprising several tracks ,we'll be lucky if we get 30 minutes of actual underscore

k.M.Getting seriously freaked out

Have no fear. There'll be plenty of compressed unreleased cues on the PC game.

what PC game?

Lego Indiana jones does not feature Crystal skull.

And Lego SW EPIII was tracked with OT music, even the complete saga, i think.

Not necessarily. First, if the new releases of the original films are incomplete, the Lego games may have some unreleased material from them. Secondly, there's a different Indiana Jones game in development, which I believe is set to come out next year.

Not necessarily. First, if the new releases of the original films are incomplete, the Lego games may have some unreleased material from them. Secondly, there's a different Indiana Jones game in development, which I believe is set to come out next year.

Which has nothing to do with skull (unless it ties with it like Emperor's tomb and TOD)

It has to feature an original score like the other non film based games.

And as i noted in other thread, the Lego Indy video demo features the boulder scene music with the same minor edit as in the 1995 release :)

It doesn't have to feature original music. They can do what they want. Galactic Battlegrounds had a bunch of non-movie stuff, but it had a Williams music track anyway. Let's be patient on that front and see what happens.

what PC game?

For the complete saga game they fixed ROTS, the actual game playing levels feature music from ROTS but nothing that wasn't on the original soundtrack. However the mini movies that take place between each level during the game still feature music tracked in from the OT.

There is no unreleased music in the Lego games that I could hear.

Yes let's all panic over something we have NO INFORMATION ON whatsoever.

Yes it is all doom and despair at JWFAN over the soundtrack to KOTCS.

what PC game?

For the complete saga game they fixed ROTS, the actual game playing levels feature music from ROTS but nothing that wasn't on the original soundtrack. However the mini movies that take place between each level during the game still feature music tracked in from the OT.

The part i saw must have been a video of those.

What music is played on the levels?

I 'hacked' the PC changing the oggs with EPIII music, i'd like to know if something is similar :)

I think Joe was kidding. Barnes and Nobles doesn't even have the soundtrack listed yet.

I think joe looked up his work computer and that's what it said.No actual track titles,but that they shoved 5 songs in there .Usually cryptic info like that has some truth in the end.Unless he made it up.

what PC game?

I 'hacked' the PC changing the oggs with EPIII music, i'd like to know if something is similar :)

Basically the cues represent the scenes as they do in the movie. The opening battle is the album cue for the battle over Courescant, the battle inside the ship is music from Grievous and the Droids, the music for Utopa is from General Grievous, most of the music from Mustafar is Battle of the Heroes. The jedi temple and Wookie world are a mixture of Grievous and the Droids and other cues. Grievous speak to Lord Palpatine is used, I think.

There's really nothing worth mentioning.

what PC game?

I 'hacked' the PC changing the oggs with EPIII music, i'd like to know if something is similar :blink:

Basically the cues represent the scenes as they do in the movie. The opening battle is the album cue for the battle over Courescant, the battle inside the ship is music from Grievous and the Droids, the music for Utopa is from General Grievous, most of the music from Mustafar is Battle of the Heroes. The jedi temple and Wookie world are a mixture of Grievous and the Droids and other cues. Grievous speak to Lord Palpatine is used, I think.

There's really nothing worth mentioning.

:) i got most of them right!

I think Joe was kidding. Barnes and Nobles doesn't even have the soundtrack listed yet.

km is correct, I can go into the database @ B&N, but there are 18 tracks/5 songs, no actual titles listed of songs or ques.

this is the same info I posted way back for CMIYC. It turned out true then, I suspect its true now.