Would you attend a Member Meeting?

Sandor

Let's say

MAY 25

NEW YORK CITY

First we see Episode III, then we get together and have fun.

Or does this sound too Ewokish?

----

Anyway;

Perhaps the members from Holland and Germany can easily create some kind of Member Meeting in the near future. It could be kinda fun. Would anyone support such an idea?

Or does it still sound too Ewokish? Perhaps the need is not really there. I don't know. I'm just thinking aloud here...

Bye,

Roald

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you pay for my hotel room, bus fair, and Star Wars ticket?

Justin -Wondering if Roald really wants this to happen.... :sneaky2:

Anyway;

Perhaps the members from Holland and Germany can easily create some kind of Member Meeting in the near future. It could be kinda fun. Would anyone support such an idea?

Or does it still sound too Ewokish? Perhaps the need is not really there. I don't know. I'm just thinking aloud here...

Bye,

Roald

I think this could be possible, and could be fun.

(How many members from Holland and Germany (and nearby countries too) are we, anyway?)

Well, i already met Hitch, and i was suposed to meet Darth Furter and Toxoplasman together with hitch for the concert last month, but they chickened out, using some lame excuse about lack of money, grueling exams...bla...bla...bla.

I also remember seeing a picture of Oskar...doing a strip act.

Wait a minute....no...come to think of it, i have no memory of that what so ever. :oops:

As for a membership meeting...might be nice.

Stefancos- who wonders if The Ghoest would attend. :lookaround:

This sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Fortunately, right now I'm only about 90 minutes away from New York. Of course in 3 years, who knows. Great idea though!

Neil

Absolutely! We could also try to tie it to a Williams concert...

...although the prospect of being mobbed might end up scaring the maestro! :mrgreen:

If anyone can give me $10000 I'll go, I live rather.... far from New York.

What would be better is a Williams concert. Maybe even a Boston Pops or something of that nature. I want to see Williams in person someday. I hope that I can. :baaa:

I would be willing to attend such an event, but ABLE is another thing. If I had the money, I'd definitely go. :|

-Chris

PS- Speaking of Ewoks, anybody notice that George must be losing a little bit of weight? He looks like he actually had a neck, wheras it once went chin to chest!

We could go to Padres game while we were there. :|

Yes!! Let's go to a Padres game!!! :baaa: It'll be fun ;)

Hector - who loves the Padres

Hector - who's mad at the Padres and their 5 game losing streak :)

I would love a member meeting. Perhaps we could have a private meeting with Johnny.

Director - who will ask around and find out info.

Yes!! Let's go to a Padres game!!!  It'll be fun  

Hector - who's mad at the Padres and their 5 game losing streak  

I'm there dude!! :) I'll have my jersey and hat ready :biglaugh:

And Justin..that was a great FRIGGIN' idea! You should be proud of yourself ;)

Now,if they could just get back into winning now that Nevins' back in the line-up (so. how many posters lost interest? :tongue2: )

Jamesyboy - who lives in sunny San Diego and love the Padres as well :jump:

well. maybe a mass meeting is a little much. i've been a part of a message board where people who live in the same area meet and go out and post pics for the other members to see....like the people who live in MA, VT, ME, NH all get together somewhere etc etc

Well,I did have an entertaining stay at Crusher's log cabin last summer somewhere in the forests of New York state.

K.M.Who had to sleep in a sauna like spider and wasp infested "treehouse"

Let's say  

MAY 25  

NEW YORK CITY  

Yeah, you know those Ewoks....always gettin' drunk and causin' trouble at all those New York film premiers.

I'd love to see something like this happen (the meeting, I mean, not a Ewok riot in Times Square). I do think a JW concert would make a better forum, but I'd be open to anything.

On a similar note....sadly, I won't be able to attend the concert in Cleveland this July. At one point some of us were thinking about a gathering there. Not that it can't still take place, but I'll be absent, I'm afraid.

Anyway, we ought to keep thinking on this, at least on some regional level. It would be nice to meet some of you in person....

- Uni

• 5 months later...
Let's say

MAY 25

NEW YORK CITY

----

Anyway;

Bye,

Roald

Well now that we know there may be a series of Williams concerts with the LSO in 2005 maybe the European members could get together.

Who would goto that???

The best place would be London, February 2005, by the time of JW concert with the LSO. And we could arrange with JW's agent or something to get the chance, as the biggest JW-community in the world, to meet him and take some group photos to post on the site.

And I don't think I'd enjoy much watching Episode III with some members of the MB. Indy IV would be alright, but not Episode III.

Im not too concerned about the movie itself but arranging a group dinner before or after a concert would be fun

Im not too concerned about the movie itself but arranging a group dinner before or after a concert would be fun

After I saw Red Dragon last weekend, I suggest we don't have dinner after the performance of an orchestra, since you never know what you'll be eating LOL

But it sounds great to me, 2005 London, I'll be there.

Stefancos, Roald, do we go by boat, train or airplane?

PetePan,

who was never in London before...

A meeting en masse? Are you mad? That is a very scary thought indeed!!!!!!! I'd rather kiss a baboons ass! YUCK! And who are the Padre's? is that the west covina badminton group?

Well now that we know there may be a series of Williams concerts with the LSO in 2005 maybe the European members could get together.

Who would goto that???

ME!

Definitely.

I don't know If I'd have money then, and if I could spare the time, but I'd definitely be going ROTFLMAO That would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

BTW, were did you get the info that Williams may come to Europe for concert?

-Chris

A full meeting in either NY or LA would be great and I would attend either (at that time, I could be in either location!).

I also think that maybe regional meetings should be arranged as well at a higher frequency, say once a year or once a quarter. For example, in the US, regions might be New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT), Mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC), South (WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, FL), Great Lakes (OH, IN, MI, IL, WI), Northern Plains (ND, SD, NE, IA, MN), Southern Plains (TX, OK, KS, MO, AR, LA), Rockies (NM, AZ, UT, CO, WY), Southwest (CA, NV), Northwest (OR, WA, ID, MT), Alaska, and Hawaii. Meetings could move around to different areas within those geographic bounds (approx. 600 mi diameter). That may seem like a lot, but it might be a good way to have active offboard membership which I think could be important (and attract more members even!).

Just a thought.

ROTFLMAO

I'll be in London in 2005, definitely. And even those who say they probably wouldn't have the money now should start saving for it now. You have less than three years to save for a pretty fun week in London.

It would be great to have a little social gathering. And if we could get a meeting with The Man himself, well, I think every fan in the world would be on a plane or boat for that!

Jeff -- who will swim across the Atlantic Ocean if that's what it takes

Wow!

A "classic" topic of mine gets ressurected! I'm honoured!

Oh, and Ricard: Ewokish is a certain feeling or state that cannot be described. Not in any human form of language anyway.

It isn't very positive I can tell you that.

Bye,

Roald

Ewokish is a certain feeling or state that cannot be described. Not in any human form of language anyway.

It isn't very positive I can tell you that.

I think I know what you mean. But only those who can't stand the Ewoks would find it negative. Not my case, though :)

We could go to Padres game while we were there. :P

Yes!! Let's go to a Padres game!!! :) It'll be fun ;)

Hector - who's mad at the Padres and their 5 game losing streak :)

Yes lets go! Last may I was in NYC it was the Padres vs. the Mets. AND I DIDN'T GO!!! :cry:

I Know a verry nice & clean hotel about 2 blocks from Time Square for only $75 a night whith 2 beds . (Its a 2 star hotel but it's verry nice, kind of like a motel 6, but in the heart of Manhatton).

I also saw SW:AOTC in Time Square, I recomend it highly.

A club meating is perfect. I'll go.

~Lord Gibson, CoS Virgin no more. ;)