The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

such ignorance, some people here need to see the Heston film the Naked Jungle.

I have actually seen the Naked Jungle and am aware of ants destructive capabilities given sufficient numbers. Should make for a thrilling sequence in the movie. Millions of the little buggers swarming some hapless lackey who fell in their path.

That'll just be like the scarabs in The Mummy.

and real as opposed to fake.

Merkel's right about Akakor: it's an old myth concerning a hidden pyramid complex and native city on the Peruvian frontier. Some simple research on your own should turn up info. Lucas and Koepp and the crew almost certainly deliberately mispelled Akakor as "Akator" for some unknown reason. Maybe it sounds less awkward. And the Orellana speculation is in the right direction: when he travelled in the Ecuadorian region as a Spanish emissary, Orellana claimed to have bumped into a tribe of warrior women (probably just native men) and the legend of the Amazons caim to mind. The Amazon River was subsequently "named" by the encounter. Anyway, Orellana was one of the famous pursuers of El Dorado. So the connection/spoiler that the track listing reveals is that apparently "Akator" and El Dorado are one and the same (in the movie). Anyway, sorry to "speak" so much. Excited to see the potential of three new themes (Irina, Mutt, crystal skull). Should be good.

Hmmmm, interesting....

It just occurred to me that the main actions of Indiana Jones never REALLY took place in a jungle.

He was in one at the beginning of RotLA and he traveled through one in ToD, but that's about it. This should be fun... The Jungle Chase!!!

I don't want to look at the track list in case of a spoiler (a la The Phantom Menace), but I'm curious about the rumor of 50's songs. Are there any actually listed?

5 of them are 50's songs, the last a big Cole Porter song and dance number to end the movie,

should be awesome.

but that is a figment of my imagination, there appear to be no songs, other than When you wish upon a star in the last track, Close Encounters of the 4th kind, but I don't think that is much of a spoiler.

I have to pat myself on my back for my "list". Might not have the correct names but my tracklist is somewhat similar.

:lol:

of all the fanboys at the site, KM you were the most fanboyish of them all

5 of them are 50's songs, the last a big Cole Porter song and dance number to end the movie,

should be awesome.

but that is a figment of my imagination, there appear to be no songs, other than When you wish upon a star in the last track, Close Encounters of the 4th kind, but I don't think that is much of a spoiler.

The members of this forum never cease to make some of the most bizarrely entertaining replies I've seen anywhere.

As there are so many Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull threads I did not know where exactly to put this question but I guess thread is as good as any.

Did Williams use choir in the score? Do we have any idea is this going to be a pure orchestral score or will there be choir sequences?

Having closed about a dozen joke threads (you lot had fun without me, eh?), I'm now designated this the official (or, OFFICIAL, just to make it, you know, officialler) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull score thread.

Carry on.

you closed some stuff you had no right to close.

you really overstepped your bounds.

sometimes being a good moderator means not doing anything, you need to figure that out.

usually you're more than good but right now this board has exited the doldrums, and you're trying to shove it right back in

it will find its way back to the doldrums in June once the realization sets in that there is not another score on the immediate horizon, and the afterglow of IJKOTCS fades away.

It's not wise to argue with a moderator Joe you of all people should know that. I think Marc had every right to close those duplicate threads and all the joke threads. Ya they were funny at first but come on you got to admit they ended up being stupid after a while.

I disagree Vosk, I think he should have closed some, but there were a few legitimate ones out there that he closed without thinking it through properly. He messed up.

well it was a start Marc!

but it looks to me like FrankenVader is still saying NOOOOOO.

So, I don't think this is "the real thing" as is advertised, but on youtube, there is a clip of what someone claims in a piece of the score for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I don't imagine it actually is, but I thought I would point your attention there anyway.

Here is 'ze link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74NHJk9Y4Yo

What do you think?

The first half is actually a great impression of modern Williams.

Jurassic park or the lost world comes to mind.

But it also has some 80's flavour. <_< (ESB dialogue with emperor or ROTJ's, into the catacombs from LC)

and seems looped.

But the usage of the LC credits screams fake.

At this point we can't be surprised if something leaks

It sounds like genuine Williams,and I don't recognise the music up untill the Last Crusade credits ,could be some dark underscore from another movie I don't remember (Dracula,The Fury...)

Anybody check the official Indy site?

Oh Amazon is selling the c.d. for 10$ .Anyone wants to take the risk of getting it a week later than when it arrives in stores?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00171MNM4/

You know,nothing beats the thrill going to the store and buying a copy of a new JW score.I think I'll skip.

Unless it's released 3 weeks later in Canada

Did we ever manage to debunk the youtube clip? There are parts that DO sound very Jurassic Park-esque. And yes it does lead into the Last Crusade credits...even with the same suspended chord.

I mean, it definately could pass as a Williams cue, even an Indiana Jones cue...but I call BS

Fake, but still pretty good (except for the tracked music). I wouldn't be surprised if something similar to that ended up in the actual score.

It sounded familiar to me and the scene that comes to mind is in Minority Report when Cruise is going to have his eye taken out. I think there's some unreleased music there that this person uses and loops it a couple times, maybe mixing it with something else, I don't know. I could check the DVD again but its not worth the trouble. Has all the signs of a fake regardless.

- Adam

The music in the clip is from Minority Report from the track Dr. Eddie and Miss Van Eych which transitions to the End Credits of the Last Crusade.

And for shame on you all for not identifying the music!!!! You call yourself Williams fans?! Not being able to name every subtle underscore cue from each and every one of his scores in a heartbeat is a crime against JW fandom <_<

I knew it immediately. It's not hard to identify one of Williams' finest scores of the past 15 years.

Ted

I figured it was either from either A.I. or Minority Report.

When you have around a 1000 film scores it starts to get a little difficult to recognize every piece of music, even if it is from your favorite composer.