The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

I don't think I could do without "Anything Goes." Apart from that incredible intro, it completely sets the tone for the film, both in its extravagance and lyrical observation (Anything Goes pretty much sums up TOD so much it could be an alternate title). I just love it to death.

:thumbup:

Last Crusade is the weakest sounding of the three in terms of sound. It sounds like it was performed by a much smaller orchestra at times compared to the first two scores.

Is it Williams fault?

I recall tha when the blue box was released everything was apologies to thorne for critisizing the scores in that regard so much.

Lets see when we have complete scores and remastered :thumbup:

You're right, Luke. The mix is terrible; however, the performance of the Raiders March lacks energy and strength. No mixing can obscure this fact.

You're right, Luke. The mix is terrible; however, the performance of the Raiders March lacks energy and strength. No mixing can obscure this fact.

Which begs the question why exactly Spielberg has dropped the LSO in recent years - I suppose I can understand him using a studio orchestra for some films, but to drop them entirely? Especially in a score for a blockbuster such as this?

Spielberg only used the LSO for Raiders.

Damn - didn't know that.

Such a n00b mistake on my part.

Is 77 mins the longest tracklist in the history of JW original soundtrack album releases (so except special editions)?

Is 77 mins the longest tracklist in the history of JW original soundtrack album releases (so except special editions)?

Are you also excluding the 2-LP releases of Star Wars, Superman, and The Empire Strikes Back? If so, then I believe that this is the longest "regular" release of a JW score.

We dont have any clue of the score two week before release. Really with SW we had snippets of original music in the TV spots (and there were less spots than this movie!)

...while we knew nothing at all about WotW (the score) beforehand... that seems to be overshadowed by the overpowering presence of RotS that summer :P

From the new entry on the main page:

I insist on the coda of the Finale track: it REALLY differs from what we were used to hearing in the previous three movies.

What do you think that could mean?

Oh, 12-tone composition. Right. ... What's a 12-tone composition? (Don't answer that.)

- J Dan, musically ignorant swine but not worried.

Mutt's Theme sounds great.

For me the first midi file that's telling me: This score is going to be a brilliant one!

For me the first midi file that's telling me: This score is going to be a brilliant one!

Yep. If it sounds this great on the piano, imagine what it must sound like played by a huge orchestra!!! And don't forget JW's brilliant orchestration...

Yep. If it sounds this great on the piano, imagine what it must sound like played by a huge orchestra!!! And don't forget JW's brilliant orchestration...

It really sounds like the old Williams style! Actually it reminds me a bit of the Escape from Venice track from LC! Brilliant!

I wonder who played that on the piano! The French reviewer????

?? :blink:

I think it is just a computer programmed MIDI! Or are you joking... You know, you just type in note for note in the PC and the PC plays it..

I think it is just a computer programmed MIDI! Or are you joking... You know, you just type in note for note in the PC and the PC plays it..

Hmmm, yeah, could be!

Dunno, for some reason I assumed that somebody actually played that on the piano. Sounds pretty good!

Hmmm, yeah, could be!

Dunno, for some reason I assumed that somebody actually played that on the piano. Sounds pretty good!

Hm yes.. the Composition sounds good.. but the playing come on.. that's just a standard MIdi file, no dynamics at all ;)

band it sounds really good.. yes but thata harmony shift can't be correct.. i don't know sounds like the chord progression of a GameBoy Game!!

What do the other composers on this board say...?

and my Irina theme was atleast partially correct..hehee just the last chords are wrong but I only wanted to add a tenseful ending to that short snippet ;)

Heheee just for the fun of it! :blink:

Not bad. Not bad at all! ;)

Nice that we have this info trickling in slowly but surely. I would prefer an outpour but trickle is just fine.

I wake up every morning, turn the computer on, and the first thing that I do is look here and at other various sites for sound clips! I am patiently waiting....(maybe not so "patiently")!

I wake up every morning, turn the computer on, and the first thing that I do is look here and at other various sites for sound clips! I am patiently waiting....(maybe not so "patiently")!

You're not the only one buddy, it really is quite torturous.

It's about time, at least for the preview clips to be released. It's hard to wait much longer, as the release is so close now...

Have you noticed guys that at the bottom of the main page of the official IJ website there is a "Soundtrack" feature? It still says "Coming Soon" if you click over there, but I think in the next few days we'll se something...

Wow! This is going to be an amazing score! Can't wait for the release date!

Holy crap. Anyone listen to Spell of the Skull yet?! Hello, Raiders motif!

Ted

I'm listening to them now. Love 'em!

Edit: The beginning of the preview for "Grave Robbers" has a "Lost World"/"Memoirs of a Geisha" sound to it.

Edit 2: I've listened to all of them, and my favorites are "The Adventures of Mutt", "The Spell of the Skull", "A Whirl Through Academe", "Ants!" (I especially like this one-although it sounds like something of JW's that I can't put my finger on), and "Departure".

Holy crap. Anyone listen to Spell of the Skull yet?! Hello, Raiders motif!

Ted

Yeah I noticed :lol: Cool or what?