The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

Love what he's done with the Raiders March in The Departure.

Similar to Crusade when he confronts the lion.

I was going to resist even reading the impressions but its too late now

I must remain steadfast in not going to the soundclips

OMG, you folks are so desperate for a new John Williams score that you'll just accept anything thrown your way. This is an utter disaster. Never have my hopes for a new JW score been so bashed and battered. All this talk of it really is the 80's style, where, in what track. This is pure post classic Williams. It makes me long for Least Crusade. Ugh.

Do you always have something negative to say? If people like the music then fine don't piss on their parade so to speak.

I was going to resist even reading the impressions but its too late now

I must remain steadfast in not going to the soundclips

It is pointless to resist, my son.

OMG, you folks are so desperate for a new John Williams score that you'll just accept anything thrown your way. This is an utter disaster. Never have my hopes for a new JW score been so bashed and battered. All this talk of it really is the 80's style, where, in what track. This is pure post classic Williams. It makes me long for Least Crusade. Ugh.

Do you always have something negative to say? If people like the music then fine don't piss on their parade so to speak.

Lol! Have you got your glasses on? Read his latter remarks...

I wonder what's the point of resisting?

You're gonna enjoy the score anyway, whether you listen to the snippets now or not!

Hmmmm, yeah, actually this DOES sound like 80s Williams AND the new Williams. Some passages remind me of the original Indy scores, some others remind me of (among others) Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Prisoner of Azkaban, Memoirs of a Geisha, and the Star Wars prequels!

P.S. I hope the sound quality of this is like that of PoA, and NOT Jurassic Park or Minority!

My first track listened to was the Finale, my first thought was LUSH, then a mature version of Marion's theme, lovely, 80's, no 21st century JW sound. Oxleys Dilemma sounds like something out of a 50's scifi movie, can't wait to hear the whole thing

I'm going to quote you on that next time you triumphantly declare Williams has lost his bottle.

I figured the clips were up when I logged on and I saw all the members here and this thread had jumped 2 pages in the past hour or so.

there I said what was expected of me to say. My first track listened to was the Finale, my first thought was LUSH, then a mature version of Marion's theme, lovely, 80's, no 21st century JW sound. Oxleys Dilemma sounds like something out of a 50's scifi movie, can't wait to hear the whole thing

Wooha, now there are actually two surprises I didn't expect today :)

Damn, and i just spet extra hours at 'work', because i wanted to finish all things i had to do, I knew the excerpts would leak today :)

I'm not sure if i want to hear them... my mind is going to blow...eekkk.

WOW even joe likes it! :ola:

^Luke Skywalker quote from ESB incoming...

That was something aimed at me or the actual character?

What I love about those clips, and of course, they are just snipets, is the energy that seems to flow from the music.

And all the new themes sound great.

I agree. This is what I expected and more. I cannot wait to listen to the full soundtrack.

Are the clips down?

I can't find them

They're still coming up for me. Be sure to go to the MP3 download version of the soundtrack on Amazon.com, which I provided the link for.

Im only going to listen Rasdiers march, mutt theme and irinas theme.

why?

i never heard scores before the movie...

With the prequels i just heard the main themes and the sW main title....

I really dont know what to do...its the only indy film i'm going to experence this...

Wow. This may very well be the best Indiana Jones score in almost two decades. "Raiders March" honestly hasn't sounded this good since The Last Crusade!

I'm trying to figure out how you quoted me without seeing the whole thing. And it appeared so clear that I had hidden something else there.

still that said we do need to tempure our enthusiasm because we're getting 15 seconds of a track, and there is a larger as of yet unseen picture out there.

Alan, your comment is so droll, so dry, yet hysterical

I'm trying to figure out how you quoted me without seeing the whole thing. And it appeared so clear that I had hidden something else there.

If you look I apologized to you...

I try to resist from listening to it. Normally I wouldn't mind, but in this case, like in case of RotS I don't want to hear a single note before I sit in the theater. On the other hand I miss the times when I could turn the music on without seeing the movie - it was completely different experience, still great, although not as great as the latter.

he is not complaining.

Just bewildered of you 'selective quoting' :)

oh I saw, thank btw, I was just puzzled why the rest didn't show up.

still that said we do need to tempure our enthusiasm because we're getting 15 seconds of a track, and there is a larger as of yet unseen picture out there.

In some ways my enthusiasm is greater. In others my expectations have been somewhat curbed.

For example, at this point it doesn't sound like we're going to get a big bold 'March of the Russkies' quite like many were expecting. We could, but I'm no longer expecting it and slightly disappointed there.

And I'm somewhat dubious on Mutt's theme. It's fun, but not exactly Short Round's Theme. I'm certain it will grow on me however.

On the other hand I'm encouraged by the new arrangement of Marion's Theme, the new recording of the Raiders March and the other cues that sound like classic Indy but with a new twist (namely The Journey to Akator and The Departure).

And yes, I know these are only 30 second clips. No reminders needed.

Overall I'm very enthused, but at the same time more realistic now in my expectations.

Incredible.

Love the clips of "Call of the Crystal", "The Spell Of The Skull," "The Journey To Akator" (map overlay scene?), "The Jungle Chase," "Secret Doors and Scorpions" (reminds me of JAWS), "Finale" of course. Well, love them all, but those are standouts on first listen. But god this sounds great.

I'm curious about how the clips are chosen. Do you think it's put together like the clips on iTunes where it's the 30 seconds immediately following the first 45 seconds of the track, or do you think they are hand picked by an editor?

well you do need a reminder because you don't know what comes before and after, what you say almost as a negative about Mutt's theme, you might have a completely different point of view upon hearing the entire piece.

for example

a murderous psycho walks into the bank and shoots almost everyone, except the undercover cop dressed as a courier who went out the side door to smoke, upon his return he sees all the dead and wounded, and the killer now in the teller cage, the man dressed as a courier walks up to the counter and pulls out a gun and shoots the man in the teller cage, killing him he quickly calls for backup and and ambulance, while cuffing the now dead killer

wouldn't that be 3 years ago with Munich?

As tempting as these clips are., I think I'll wait for the CD to listen to it. From your reactions, it sounds very promising though. :)