The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

My roommate found the new Indiana Jones DVDs out for sale early on Friday, so sometimes these things fall through the cracks. We'll see.

Neil

Here in Spain we have the new dvds since the last monday. I have watched the new material, it is cool, less complete than the old ones (nothing about the music).

I'm wondering if the American iTunes will release it a week early. They have a habit of doing that.

Ted

Or will it even be available on iTunes?

It will definitely be released on iTunes. It's just a question of whether that is tomorrow or next Tuesday. Three of Williams's four scores from 2005 (all except Sith) were released a week early on iTunes. I know that this is a new record company, so it's tough to tell. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on iTunes tomorrow. I'd say it was 60-40 (not released-released), but that's a mostly baseless and worthless prediction.

Ted

I'm wondering if the American iTunes will release it a week early. They have a habit of doing that.

Ted

It will definitely be released on iTunes. It's just a question of whether that is tomorrow or next Tuesday. Three of Williams's four scores from 2005 (all except Sith) were released a week early on iTunes. I know that this is a new record company, so it's tough to tell. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up on iTunes tomorrow. I'd say it was 60-40 (not released-released), but that's a mostly baseless and worthless prediction.

Ted

That's be nice. I need it right now. An arsonist is lighting various areas of my city on fire, and I about over it. Thinking of evacuating.

OK. Thanks for letting me vent. :o

Umm... what?

Ted

LOL. I live in Florida, and it is "fire season". The grass is dry, we don't get a lot of rain, etc. so the conditions are favorable for fires. An arsonist, as i am sure you know, is a person who intentionally sets fires. When the grass is so dry, the fires spread quickly, and burn down houses. So far, in the southern corner of my city, there are 11 large fires, and more are being set. It is kind of scary, when you think about it. So far, no one in my immediate neighborhood is having any issues, and my house is in a good spot (taking wind direction into account), so it is not too bad. However, as a precaution, my family have been packing up photos, clothes, etc. Oh, and my JW autographs. lol.

Hope that helps. My previous message was a bit vague. Sorry if there was confusion. I meant that I hope they do release the soundtrack tomorrow, because it would be something nice to do right now, even though there is a whole bunch of crap going on, you know?

Edit: Sorry I went off-topic. Back to the score!

Yeah, like I said...sorry about that. Back to the score: Do you think that if one orders it now from Amazon.com that it will arrive before the release date? I was just thinking of doing that...

What happens to any thread?

thre is a remedy of course

Ted

Ted

It's possible. If you search for "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in the iTunes store, John Williams comes up under the artists tab, which means it must be in their system. It's not much, but a possibility.

On a somewhat unrelated note (though no more so than feuds and arson), I was looking through some Raiders tracklists on SoundtrackCollector and came across this:

1. Raiders Of The Lost Arse (06:03)

Someone had fun. :D

Yeah, like I said...sorry about that. Back to the score: Do you think that if one orders it now from Amazon.com that it will arrive before the release date? I was just thinking of doing that...

I pre-ordered and they said it should arrive on the 25th. :D

I have some free downloads from iTunes to use and if it were available today I could see myself doing that.

I finally caved in and downloaded the Black Hole.

I just use iTunes to store my music and for my iPod.

The only things I've downloaded are Roar, MOH Airborne, MOH Vanguard, MOH Allied Assault and The Black Hole.

I think Concord hasn't even pressed the c.d's yet
yes they have mr I think the absolute worst about everything all the time

My Barnes and Noble has their 2 copies in hand, but wont put them out till next Tuesday. Saw them last night. even touched it.

Felt good, tried to listen to it on our reddot system, but its not loaded yet.

I think Concord hasn't even pressed the c.d's yet
yes they have mr I think the absolute worst about everything all the time

My Barnes and Noble has their 2 copies in hand, but wont put them out till next Tuesday. Saw them last night. even touched it.

Felt good, tried to listen to it on our reddot system, but its not loaded yet.

any info you can give us about the cover art?

And... cant you buy it?

i would suppose employers could have some privileges...

Is it a Digi pack, Joe?

i was going to say the same but thought that if it was joe would have said so...

Its very strange all sites have the rectangular shaped cover isnt it?

I though the same thing, Manuel. But if Joe didn't mention it, it probably is a jewel case (thank God).

aw i want a diorama with the temple of akator :D

i dont mind as long as it it a digipack like CEOTK, Jaws and the likes...

no Luke we can't buy it, we have strict on sale purchase dates, if they sold it to me I'd get fired and so would the person who sold it to me. besides Im going with Amazon, its much cheaper there.

no Luke we can't buy it, we have strict on sale purchase dates, if they sold it to me I'd get fired and so would the person who sold it to me.

ah ok.

besides Im going with Amazon, its much cheaper there.

that couldnt get you fired too? :cool:

And eh...its a digipack or not?

speaking of which, Could you help me? I want to buy the paperback Del Rey novelisations of the 3 old indy movies. Del Rey site says they have been reprinted on april 2008, Amazon too but only has crusade in stock (the other two have not arrived) and B&N site does not have them listed.

Since you work on a physical store, could you know if they are available or are going to be?

we have all 3 available also we have one book containing all three. I have TOD already, I'll see if I can find the link

I'm talking the novelizations of the movies, Josh, there are 6 to 8 other novels, some by Max McCoy.

Luke,

Raiders of the Lost Ark, isbn# 9780545007009

Temple of Doom, isbn# 9780545042550

Last Crusade, isbn # 9780545042567

Adventure of Indiana Jones(all 3 film novelisations), isbn# 9780345501271

use those numbers on any American book site to see the cost of those books,

Whoops, I meant only 2 (CDs)!

:cool:

sorry Josh, I misunderstood you, yes, thats all our store got was 2 copies, I was kind of shocked, but since is isn't a hip hop cd thats about all we'll sell.

they started reducing our soundtrack selection at my store to make room for blu ray dvd's which still are not selling yet the way they'd hoped.

I'm talking the novelizations of the movies, Josh, there are 6 to 8 other novels, some by Max McCoy.

Luke,

Raiders of the Lost Ark, isbn# 9780545007009

Temple of Doom, isbn# 9780545042550

Last Crusade, isbn # 9780545042567

Adventure of Indiana Jones(all 3 film novelisations), isbn# 9780345501271

use those numbers on any American book site to see the cost of those books,

Many thanks, i was starting to think that it was some cancelled project and only the big onmibus was going to be available (and it would not fit with my other indy novels!)

EDIT: oh no!

Those were not the ones i was looking for. those are the junior novelisations (schoolastic)

I'm looking for the Del Rey adult novelisations, the originals of old (the ones that are in the trilogy onmibus) that cost 6.99$

sorry Josh, I misunderstood you, yes, thats all our store got was 2 copies, I was kind of shocked, but since is isn't a hip hop cd thats about all we'll sell.

they started reducing our soundtrack selection at my store to make room for blu ray dvd's which still are not selling yet the way they'd hoped.

Hey, I work at a Borders . . . and you are now my enemy. :P

I work in the stock room and it's been pretty cool seeing all the Indy merchandise come in. Today we got in the kids Crystal Skull sound book (I didn't dare look inside though). Although I did hit the Indy theme button about a dozen times throughout the day. Our CDs have not come in yet unfortunately.

I work in the stock room and it's been pretty cool seeing all the Indy merchandise come in. Today we got in the kids Crystal Skull sound book (I didn't dare look inside though). Although I did hit the Indy theme button about a dozen times throughout the day. Our CDs have not come in yet unfortunately.

Hahah, at Borders . . . do you, as an employee, get any discounts?

Yeah. Unfortunately it's pretty worthless. We used to get these $30 gift cards every month but they canceled that. So I think it's something like 30% off books, 20% off music and media (which customers get anyway, with coupons). Working there's fun though. Very laid back. Well, I'm pretty laid back wherever I work anyway.

probably not for long Border's might well fold before the end of the year. they are in serious financial straights.

Luke I'm sorry the only one I see avialable is Temple of Doom, 9780345314574

Your best bet is the 3 in one book which I thought very nice.

we also get 30% off which is nice but twice a year, next month and Christmas we get 40% off, the music discount is worthless. even with it best buy and walmart are cheaper. its only value is that we have the best cd selection in LR so if there is something rare I will buy it.

Yeah. Unfortunately it's pretty worthless. We used to get these $30 gift cards every month but they canceled that. So I think it's something like 30% off books, 20% off music and media (which customers get anyway, with coupons). Working there's fun though. Very laid back. Well, I'm pretty laid back wherever I work anyway.

And do you make good money?! I have no idea how much you make working at these large chain bookstores...

not much Josh, you start at 6.75 an hour in LR, course I've been there awhile so I make considerably more, which for part time work is great, I only work 2 nights Tues & Thurs.

not much Josh, you start at 6.75 an hour in LR, course I've been there awhile so I make considerably more, which for part time work is great, I only work 2 nights Tues & Thurs.

Yeah, pretty much this. Indeed Borders is in financial trouble. I'm moving sometime in October so I guess I wont really be affected too much.

probably not for long Border's might well fold before the end of the year. they are in serious financial straights.

I didn't know this but it's not unexpected. They've always had pretty high prices compared to everyone else.

Any Aussies spotted the album yet? I scoured Target and Sanity to no avail. I'm assuming JB will be first?

I just called up Sanity Music before, and the lady said they receive Saturday's releases on the Friday at about lunchtime. Why would JB be first though?

They're just more, I don't know... well stocked in a broader range of items. Soundtracks, albeit Indiana Jones soundtracks, aren't really top ten material. To be fair though, pretty much every store have Williams releases on opening day straight away, near me.

Question is though, is the release Friday, Saturday or Monday? It's different in different stores.

They're just more, I don't know... well stocked in a broader range of items. Soundtracks, albeit Indiana Jones soundtracks, aren't really top ten material. To be fair though, pretty much every store have Williams releases on opening day straight away, near me.

Question is though, is the release Friday, Saturday or Monday? It's different in different stores.

After having now rung up both Brisbane city Sanity and JB stores, both are getting the stock on Friday (about 8-10 copies each), for a Saturday official release. So I will be purchasing it on Friday from the cheaper of the two (presumably both $29.99) at about lunchtime, since there's no embargo on OSTs.