The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

Ah, track times...very exciting! I was expecting the chase to be longer too, probably just from Joe's made-up times. But as has been mentioned, plenty of great action cues are that length or shorter, so it's no big deal.

Yeah, longer is not necessarily better. Consider Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant!

I try not to remember either track, ugh

Yeah, longer is not necessarily better. Consider Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant!

I try not to remember either track, ugh

Actually that's one track. Track No. 3! :shakehead:

Jungle Chase is indeed shorter as the made up track times. But we get a longer "a whirl through academe" which for sure will also be an exciting action piece

I just hope the preview clips are gonna released soon !!!

Well, that's proof Joe doesn't remember it :shakehead:

I would guess that the penultimate track "The Departure" does feature music from some kind of closing scene, so "The Finale" covering the last minute or two from the movie (like Last Crusade) and the Credits (7 or 8 minutes) is kinda likely IMHO.

Well, that's proof Joe doesn't remember it :shakehead:

I would guess that the penultimate track "The Departure" does feature music from some kind of closing scene, so "The Finale" covering the last minute or two from the movie (like Last Crusade) and the Credits (7 or 8 minutes) is kinda likely IMHO.

Hmmmm, why ISN'T it called End Credits then?

TLC had End Credits (Raiders March), ToD had Finale and End Credits, RotLA had also End Credits.

But, of course, we don't know!

"Confrontation with Count Dooku & Finale"

The idea that this album doesn't contain (at least part of) the end credits is ridiculous.

Why is everybody so keen on the End Credits, I wonder. That'd be just the major themes reprised, I guess . . . and if it's like Mischief Managed the same recordings, as well!

Wouldn't it be better to have new music?

Why is everybody so keen on the End Credits, I wonder. That'd be just the major themes reprised, I guess . . . and if it's like Mischief Managed the same recordings, as well!

Wouldn't it be better to let Maestro to wrap up this Indy adventure in any way he likes. I highly doubt that it is a copy/paste job.

Wouldn't it be better to let Maestro to wrap up this Indy adventure in any way he likes.

Of course! That's why I was wondering...

I do not quite understand why the length of the Jungle Chase track is such a disappointment. On the other hand it shows how much expectations people have put into this music and this film. The track titles seems to bring about instant comparison with Desert Chase in all respects, in running time as well. We are yet to see the film. The scene might be actually that short, the cue might start in the middle of it (The Mine Car Chase comes to mind) or as the last and the most dreaded reason JW might have edited it. Who knows but this really shows how much people expect from this score.

You are dead right. I don't know who said it, but someone (Frank Marshall perhaps) on the shoot is responsible for putting the idea in my head in the first place. They're quoted somewhere as saying that Jungle Chase is reminiscent of the Desert Chase from Raiders. I guess I for one may have taken that a little too literally, especially in terms of the length of the scene.

the awful battle of the beastly belly.

I love that cue, the strings at the beginning are quite superb in both melody and performance and I actually prefer portions of it to the more atonal moments of the Desert Chase.

TGE - Who wishes he had the film edit of The Belly Of The Steel Beast.

I'm not sure if you're misinterpreting me. All I meant was that Williams almost always includes end credits music on his albums; the idea that nothing will be featured on the KotCS album is ridiculous.

If you think about it, even though the Desert Chase TRACK is 8 minutes long, the chase hasn't even started in the beginning of the track... he has to find a horse, ride off, etc... the actual "chase" is shorter, and in the end not terribly longer than Jungle Chase track on the KOTCS OST

Yeah, but imagine if those moments were absent from the album, we'd be missing some of the best bits from the entire cue!

Who knows, maybe the build up to chase itself will be heard at the end of the previous cue. Purely my pointless speculation of course, but hey, isn't what this thread is all about? :shakehead:

look longer is not always better the Desert Chase on the OST is much better in flow than the longer version on the expanded edition which is a rather jarring listening experience

We discussed this before. Whoever listened the edited version first is bound to prefer is as the better listening experience, while those who heard the complete version first are also bound to prefer it. I'll include myself in the last group.

We discussed this before. Whoever listened the edited version first is bound to prefer is as the better listening experience, while those who heard the complete version first are also bound to prefer it. I'll include myself in the last group.

Agreed, and me too!

I listened to the complete version first, when I watched the film, as a child.

I remember loving the music in the background of that chase before I even comprehended what film scoring is.

Well, another cexample might be Episode III ... After creating my extended Version.. i don#t want to listened to the shortened album version of the opening battle again

the awful battle of the beastly belly.

I love that cue, the strings at the beginning are quite superb in both melody and performance and I actually prefer portions of it to the more atonal moments of the Desert Chase.

TGE - Who wishes he had the film edit of The Belly Of The Steel Beast.

I love that cue, i even prefer it to Desert chase.

I wish we had 'The pen is mightier than the sword in high quality :shakehead: so we could edit the film version of Baelly of the steel beast.

And joe it gets little tiring that almost (if not all) every aspect of Last Crusade are awful in your opinion. I mean if you said 'just good' (as oposed to excellent that i suppose you regard every aspect of Raiders)it would be understandable, but awful? Come on Spielberg, Williams, et al. everyone got it wrong?

I dont think so, and many people agree with me.

Unless you are throwing that up to debate and its not your actual opinion, which i doubt it is in this matter.

The Last Crusade is brilliant! I love it! The movie and the score!

Joe is clearly in the minority here . . .

Speaking of minority, I also love Minority Report, the movie and the score. But here, I suspect I am in the minority.

:shakehead:

Well, another cexample might be Episode III ... After creating my extended Version.. i don#t want to listened to the shortened album version of the opening battle again

I agree sort of. I get bored by a lot of it (both the album and expanded version) but I cannot do without the statement of the Rebel Fanfare in "Get 'Em R2." Which wasn't on the album.

The same with "Anakin's Dark Deeds/It Can't Be." The extended climax to the track is so much better than the album version. I think I'm the only person who prefers the album version of the end credits though.

No way Joe, the expanded version is the definitive in every sense.

no way GE, the original version is definitive in every way, and many here agree, usually the older fans here who know the original DC forwards and backwards, and the expanded one isn't the film version.

If the expanded cd version isn't actually in the film then my bad, but it's certainly sounds close enough for my ear.

I'm none too fussed either way, I love the expanded cd release and I love the film version too.

Would it be such a bad thing if the End Credits were NOT in there? If it's not on the CD, it can easily be ripped from the DVD, which would give us more released music in the end. I had also hoped for a longer "Jungle Chase". I like long action tracks that are great throughout and I had been hoping for that for the "Jungle Chase". But, like pointed out, it's better to have a brilliant but shorter track than a long and not-so-great one. And four and a half minutes isn't a bad length for a good action track anyway. Plus there'll probably be plenty of action elsewhere. I am suspecting tracks like "A Whirl Through Academe", "Grave Robbers" and some of the finale tracks to also contain some good action stuff. I don't think we'll be disappointed. And 77 and half minutes is a very luxurious amount of music to be featured on the CD. :D

as a pure listening experience the OST to Raiders is much better than the expanded IMHO, as it is in other cases too but not all. Jaws, CE3K, E.T., but not Star Wars, ESB, & Superman

Yeah, when I first realized it would be over 77 minutes, I couldn't believe my luck! This is gonna be ONE FANTASTIC ALBUM!!!!!

The Last Crusade is brilliant! I love it! The movie and the score!

Why am I not surprised to hear you say that! Note: That wasn't a question.

Either way, I agree 100%.

As do seemingly most of the mainstream audience, truth be told.

Would it be such a bad thing if the End Credits were NOT in there?

Sometimes I find it hard to gain a sense of closure from an album if the end credits are not there. It's maybe me being stubborn, but I would rather have the album close on the right note than have some unreleased music. It's true, it can be taken from the DVD but that's still a while away. And I have a huge jones for end credit suites.

I'm sure most people love, or at least like, TLC the score.

Joe is clearly the exception...

Well the vast majority of Crusade haters (and they do exist for some reason I've never been able to fathom) won't even have an opinion on the score for a kick off.

Would it be such a bad thing if the End Credits were NOT in there? If it's not on the CD, it can easily be ripped from the DVD, which would give us more released music in the end. I had also hoped for a longer "Jungle Chase". I like long action tracks that are great throughout and I had been hoping for that for the "Jungle Chase". But, like pointed out, it's better to have a brilliant but shorter track than a long and not-so-great one. And four and a half minutes isn't a bad length for a good action track anyway. Plus there'll probably be plenty of action elsewhere. I am suspecting tracks like "A Whirl Through Academe", "Grave Robbers" and some of the finale tracks to also contain some good action stuff. I don't think we'll be disappointed. And 77 and half minutes is a very luxurious amount of music to be featured on the CD. :D

I still find it amazing how much hype this new JW score is generating . . . at least on this message board!!! :)

Well the vast majority of Crusade haters (and they do exist for some reason I've never been able to fathom) won't even have an opinion on the score for a kick off.

The only bad thing I can say about TLC is the amount of great music that was left off the OST.

Would it be such a bad thing if the End Credits were NOT in there?

Sometimes I find it hard to gain a sense of closure from an album if the end credits are not there.

I can relate to that.

The only bad thing I can say about TLC is the amount of great music that was left off the OST.

But that's no reason to HATE the score!

While not necasserily end credit....I definately need a close to the album. Can't just end. Needs to have some sort of finale.

Gee, it isn't? Really?

Buh?

While not necasserily end credit....I definately need a close to the album. Can't just end. Needs to have some sort of finale.

Well, relax, coz we DO have a "Finale." :D

I still find it amazing how much hype this new JW score is generating . . . at least on this message board!!! :D

And you're loving every single minute of it!

I still find it amazing how much hype this new JW score is generating . . . at least on this message board!!! :D

And you're loving every single minute of it!

Sure I do. I'm certainly partly responsible for it, too!

Last Crusade is just awesome. Thematicly it's better than RotLA imo and I actually think it's better (Sorry if I offend anyone:D) albeit not extremely much better. Like 3 percent better. Last crusade just feels bigger, better orchestrated. Somehow RotlA always feels unfinished to me.

I know what you mean. But RotLA is a masterpiece. Not even TLC can touch that!

If this score sucks, I'm blaming Josh.

And if it's great, you can thank me! :D