The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

Judging from these clips the music is a mix of old and new Williams :) Something for us all! :lol:

And almost of half of the clips were obviously chosen to reveal as little as possible. Darker low key stuff. And this was totally expected. But boy those bolder clips give so much promise for this music.

Irina's theme is kind of odd. I expected something different, more march-like. Even it's use in the Jungle Chase is kind of slow.

Ohhh damn.. these sound good.... Call of the Crystal.. thats the continuum, isn't it?? Sounds like Gizmo!! hihiii

Adentures of Mutt! sounds great! lost boys somehow... and LOL Irinas theme in the spell of the skull sounds just as my sample LOL :lol:

I'm hearing a lot of 80's Williams sounds in there. The woodwinds are back. The Mutt music is totally in the vein of one of the peppy late 70's/80's track. Also a lot of his current stuff, sure.

Irina's theme is kind of odd. I expected something different, more march-like. Even it's use in the Jungle Chase is kind of slow.

I think the theme sounds wonderful. It has the old fashioned almost noirish quality to it. Perfect bad guy (or in this case gal) material plus it has that hint of Russian flavour to it, the melancholy.

I will resist the temptation.

For now. :lol:

Holy crap. Anyone listen to Spell of the Skull yet?! Hello, Raiders motif!

Also, in "Journey to Akator" Williams reprises the Raiders March as heard in "Flight from Peru". Cool!

Call of the Crystal is really chilling. I still can't get over the Raiders motif in Spell of the Skull. I love it, but I wonder why he went with it.

Ted

Call of the Crystal is really chilling. I still can't get over the Raiders motif in Spell of the Skull. I love it, but I wonder why he went with it.

Ted

Most likely there are soldiers in the scene as that music underscores the soldiers in Raiders as well.

Nice "Map Room" quote in "The Spell of the Skull". Not sure what Nazi music is doing there, but I won't complain....yet.

Neil

Can someone tell me what previous score is extremely similiar to the first ten seconds of "Ants"? Is it "Jurassic Park?

Edit: I'm thinking it is Jurassic Park when Ellie is running toward the Maitenence shed. I love it! Any thoughts?

Sweet zombie jesus, I was going to resist the temptation to listen.......but I think I will give in....to the dark side.

*off to listen now*

Holy Hell! Soundclips! Hahahahaha!

Awesome reaction! :lol:

Is that a new arrangement of Marion's Theme in the Finale? :)

Holy Hell! Soundclips! Hahahahaha!

Awesome reaction! :lol:

Is that a new arrangement of Marion's Theme in the Finale? :D

Thanks. Gut reaction, too. :)

I believe it is a new arrangement, but I am not 100% sure.

Eeeee...lots of great sounding clips there, and it's really amazing to hear completely new versions of the Raiders March in 2008!

Well lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet...

From what little I've just heard, it's pretty promising.

The snippet of Marion's theme in Finale made the hairs on my arms stand up.

Do I hear a saxophone in some of those clips?

Would sure be fitting with the "Russian Theme" of the movie (i'm thinking of Shostakovich's use in the Jazz Suites).

What is your fixation with penises? You seem to mention them a bit in this forum.

Ted

Do I hear a saxophone in some of those clips?

Would sure be fitting with the "Russian Theme" of the movie (i'm thinking of Shostakovich's use in the Jazz Suites).

Yeah, it seems there's a part for alto sax. Also, I heard some very nice bass flute playing Irina's theme. Cool! :lol:

Huh. That's taking it a bit far, don't you think?

Oh, so, I think you can hear the continuum fingerboard in "Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed."

What is your fixation with penises? You seem to mention them a bit in this forum.

Ted

Must be a freudian slip on you behalf, since I'm pretty certain that is the FIRST and ONLY time I've ever mentioned anything about the male genitalia on this board. :lol: Is there something you want to get off your chest Big T?

And in case you didn't realise, it is actually a very funny line from Pulp Fiction.

Huh. That's taking it a bit far, don't you think?

We're all adults here aren't we? Why for an instant would I think that saying a dick joke is going "a bit too far"? OMG this place is full of delicate little introverts! Lighten up!

C'mon, behave yourselves, it ain't important. Back to the music!

Holy crap. Anyone listen to Spell of the Skull yet?! Hello, Raiders motif!

Also, in "Journey to Akator" Williams reprises the Raiders March as heard in "Flight from Peru". Cool!

Wow, this sounds AMAZING!!!!!

A whirl through academe... I really wonder about that piece it sounds like taken from scott bradley tom and jerry music...

Sounds more like A Whirl Through ACME

Must be a freudian slip on you behalf, since I'm pretty certain that is the FIRST and ONLY time I've ever mentioned anything about the male genitalia on this board. :lol: Is there something you want to get off your chest Big T?

It's no slip. You've made remarks in the past, usually when you get mad and want to put someone in his place. It's not something I'd expect you to remember. But being on the receiving end of some of those comments, I do remember. Your assurances to the contrary are curious, though.

Ted

The whole score really DOES sound like 80s Williams!!! Don't you think? Amazingly so!

But of course that's just a first impression...

The whole score really DOES sound like 80s Williams!!! Don't you think? Amazingly so!

But of course that's just a first impression...

I don't know.. The Snake pit doesn't sound like Williams at all to me.. much more like Prokovief..

Well,I hear a mix of old and new Williams .Sounded great for the most part.

these clips are really a tease,they seem like random parts of cues without trying to give out the highlights

It's no slip. You've made remarks in the past, usually when you get mad and want to put someone in his place. It's not something I'd expect you to remember. But being on the receiving end of some of those comments, I do remember. Your assurances to the contrary are curious, though.

Ted

Oh okay what ever you say. I really can't be arsed having a tit-for-tat with you right now tbh. If I have called you a dick head in the past I am sorry. Thing is though, I have NEVER called you anything of the sort, so stop pointing fingers. Find me a quote where I mention the word and we'll talk, until then get back to listening to the Indy samples you uptight ponce.

Yes, I did just call you a ponce. Print screen and save as jpg for future use.

Can someone tell me what previous score is extremely similiar to the first ten seconds of "Ants"? Is it "Jurassic Park?

Edit: I'm thinking it is Jurassic Park when Ellie is running toward the Maitenence shed. I love it! Any thoughts?

Either Eye to Eye or T-Rex Rescue and Finale...

Nice "Map Room" quote in "The Spell of the Skull". Not sure what Nazi music is doing there, but I won't complain....yet.

Neil

Not Nazi music... I have a theory as to why this motive is referenced:

The opening sequence of the film takes place an a remote airfield (certainly the scene where Indy and Mac are surrounded by soldiers), and I suspect that the Ark warehouse is also involved in this sequence. The French review of KotCS mentions that the Ark theme is heard in "Spell of the Skull." So, I think that "Spell of the Skull" is a deceptively titled track that actually underscores the movie's prologue - a struggle between Indy and Soviet soldiers for the Ark. That would be why a bit from "Map Room" is quoted.

Resisting...resisting...

Resistance is futile!

Listening to the sound clips now. After a two year hiatus sounds like Williams is back in full force with a kick ass score.

I'll definitely be buying this with the reissues of the other three scores later this year.

Ted

Oh okay what ever you say. I really can't be arsed having a tit-for-tat with you right now tbh. If I have called you a dick head in the past I am sorry. Thing is though, I have NEVER called you anything of the sort, so stop pointing fingers. Find me a quote where I mention the word and we'll talk, until then get back to listening to the Indy samples you uptight ponce.

Yes, I did just call you a ponce. Print screen and save as jpg for future use.

Quit squabbling, you two! This is neither the place nor the time! :)

Resisting...resisting...

Resistance is futile!

Listening to the sound clips now. After a two year hiatus sounds like Williams is back in full force with a kick ass score.

I'll definitely be buying this with the reissues of the other three scores later this year.

I won't fail. I can wait a couple more weeks. I will be able to appreciate them more.

Quit squabbling, you two! This is neither the place nor the time! :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly Josh, but I don't mind admitting that idiot got my back up when he ever so cleverly insinuated what he knows he did. The bloke's a hypocrite. This is all the result of me saying a silly off the cuff remark not designed in the least bit to offend.

Wonders will never cease around here.

Sorry about this guys. Back to the music...

OMG, you folks are so desperate for a new John Williams score that you'll just accept anything thrown your way. This is an utter disaster. Never have my hopes for a new JW score been so bashed and battered. All this talk of it really is the 80's style, where, in what track. This is pure post classic Williams. It makes me long for Least Crusade. Ugh.

there I said what was expected of me to say. My first track listened to was the Finale, my first thought was LUSH, then a mature version of Marion's theme, lovely, 80's, no 21st century JW sound. Oxleys Dilemma sounds like something out of a 50's scifi movie, can't wait to hear the whole thing

Resisting...resisting...

Resistance is futile!

I won't fail. I can wait a couple more weeks. I will be able to appreciate them more.

I'm appreciating them more right now! Haha! :lol:

What I love about those clips, and of course, they are just snipets, is the energy that seems to flow from the music.

And all the new themes sound great.