The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

Concord's probably kept under wraps, Lucasfilm is probably keeping it under wraps, The Raider's music isn't as highly anticipated by the genral public compared to Star Wars.

All those probably factor in to the score not being readily available before it's release date, which is fine with me.

It's only 6 more days.

I'm downloading right now... Don't know if it's the real thing (so many bogus torrents out there...). 3 more minutes...

I know for a fact (because I tried to get one through official channels) that review copies of the CD are not being distributed to American press -- by either Concord or the studio -- until May 20.

BTW, while everyone is scrambling for the whole CD, an all-new set of soundtrack samples has turned up online:

http://www.exlibris.ch/musik.aspx?status=d...56&t_na=pho

I'll probably download it if I can find it, but I still plan on buying it in stores or online. I do have something to add, though. I am listening to the new set of previews, and I notice that in this soundtrack more than his previous ones, JW seems to be using pieces from his past scores. I hear "Minority Report", "Jurassic Park", "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Revenge of the Sith", etc. Its kind of weird, because JW doesn't usually do this. I am not trying to be negative, and i still love the score, and will still be buying it. What do you all think?

Yeah, I hate those too....

Because there is only 1 seeder, those 3 minutes I was talking about have turned into 2 days now... I will expect it to be downloaded in the coming hour though...

I'm pretty cool to wait to listen to the actual CD once I'll have it in my hands. If the score would have leaked, say, two or three weeks ago I probably wouldn't have resisted, but now we're almost at the zero hour. I very much prefer to listen to the real thing for the first time like the good ol' days.

I'm pretty cool to wait to listen to the actual CD once I'll have it in my hands. If the score would have leaked, say, two or three weeks ago I probably wouldn't have resisted, but now we're almost at the zero hour. I very much prefer to listen to the real thing for the first time like the good ol' days.

I hope you haven't listened to the clips, in that case ^_^

I haven't.

I hope you haven't listened to the clips, in that case :P

I haven't.

Well, my willpower isn't that strong ^_^ I listened to the preview clips just two or three times... but it was enough to get Irina's theme, Mutt's theme and the Crystal theme stuck in my head, as it happens every time with new Williams' music.

Arghhhhhhh! I've been out all day and just returned to check on my downloads. This is what I found:

untitled.jpg

The freakin thing didn't even get started! I checked back on Demonoid to see what the situation was and nothing! It seems to have been removed by either admin or the uploader. Dang it! ^_^

There are about 20 still people connected to that torrent who are still hanging there, non the wiser. Weird thing is there has been no error message from my client, which is odd.

They are popping up all over the place now. Maybe I'll try one to see if it's legit. Makes you wonder why people would post fake things, though.

Thing is though, I find it hard to believe the Demonoid upload was a fake. There are strict rules there, I don't think I've ever seen a fake torrent at that place. I'm going to keep checking back to see if it reappears, since I'm thinking there must be some other reason why it was removed in the first place.

maybe the guy doesnt want the fbi to track down his signal ^_^

But with a label as small as Concord I highly doubt they're looking for bootlegs of this score.

I'm going to keep checking back to see if it reappears, since I'm thinking there must be some other reason why it was removed in the first place.

It's still there, you just have to search for seeded and unseeded torrents.

I don't know what's going on with it ^_^

I broke down and listened to the amazon clips, I'm not listening to anymore until I get the full CD.

Just now?

And what's your thought? Do you regret having listened to them??? :lol:

Well, I'm listening to the CD as I type this (I work in a music shop, and our copies arrived today, so I stayed behind to have a listen...), and hearing the whole thing is just fantastic. The sound clips only really give a glimpse of how good this is. "Spell of the Skull" and "Ants!" are my particular favourites; they're just extraordinary tracks. "Jungle Chase" and "Grave Robbers" are both pretty good, too. Also, "A Whirl Through Academe" has a highly amusing quotation from Brahms's "Academic Festival Overture" (for obvious reasons...). And, yes, there is some rather bizarre Mariachi music in "The Journey to Akator", which I can only assume is source music. The transition still seems quite abrupt, though. "Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold" does have a section that sounds to my ears to be exactly the same as a bit from War of the Worlds, but it's only a very brief 'borrowing'... Anyway, all in all, a tremendous soundtrack. Right, back to my listening...

Damn! Why don't I work at a CD store that gets big blockbuster soundtracks a week before its official release??? I'm green with envy...

I give it a few hours till it leaks, if it hasn't allready. Copies are arriving everywhere, info keeps popping op. Just a matter of time till someone can't stop himslef from selling/buying, maybe even stealing it!

WILL we succumb to the dark side? That's the question here...

Personally, I'll wait till I have the actual album in my hands. In the meantime, I'll just listen to the samples!

What difference does it make? The soundtrack will be released in six days.

Ted

Tempting, the dark side, is. Dutch don't get scores as quick as american's do. The shrine of the dark side has fallen, begun the Indy IV score wars, have.

:lol:

Do you realize that this is probably the most excited we will ever get, a-new-soundtrack-being-released-wise, that is? I mean, it's another Indiana Jones score by John Williams! Stating the obvious here, but still...

Yeah! weird but I'm getting overanticipated over here :P It's like, the tension's getting to much and then my head will melt (TOHT :lol:)

Yeah! weird but I'm getting overanticipated over here :P It's like, the tension's getting to much and then my head will melt (TOHT :lol:)

Where are you located, Toontje? Just curious what you mean by "over here." :P

I know exactly what you're saying, though...

The new score clips linked to on the home page are quite a tease. They all seem to be taken from just a little further in than the Amazon clips, giving you a tad bit more, but of course not nearly enough to satisfy.

I'm going loopy. :lol:

It's amazing how much this score - judging only from the two sets of sound clips - sounds like an early 80s Williams score! I keep getting reminded of both Empire Strikes Back, Raiders, Temple of Doom and E.T. (the latter being especially evident in The Spell of the Skull). Throw in hints of Jurassic Park and a shade of A.I. in some of the darker, more mysterious stuff, and it looks like we have a winner!

Doesn't seem to be as romantically inclined as the others, however.

Doesn't seem to be as romantically inclined as the others, however.

Just listen to "Irina's Theme" and "Finale" and you'll get plenty of romance (even from the samples)! :lol:

Irina's Theme sounds like an epic, romantic theme turned on it's head. Like it's been warped, Irina being evil and all.

Irina's Theme sounds like an epic, romantic theme turned on it's head. Like it's been warped, Irina being evil and all.

Yeah, you're right. It sounds romantic, but also evil. It's romantically evil!!! :lol:

Yes, where is this damn thing?

I know I'm trying one from another source, but after 74% it keeps losing it and re-establshing it, saying it's got anywhere from 30 minutes to 7 days left.

EDIT: It is making progress though. In the last hour and a half it's gone from 72.3% to 74%. :lol:

I'll be so pissed if it's fake. At that point I may throw myself at the mercy of someone here who finds it.

I hate those torrents.Why doesn't anyone use zipped folders in upload sites?

Watch the leak be in 128kbps joint stereo MP3