The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

So I am back home again...

Here is Irinas Theme... at least what I think it is. Because like Josh pointed out, it was written down with a wrong clef at the beginning (in g) and it made no sense at all... now I've written it in the bass clef and this is how it sounds... sounds good to me.

http://rapidshare.com/files/111064788/Iriana_b.mp3

what's the deal with rapidshare.I have to enter 4 distorted letters(or numbers) that have (maybe) kitties drawn in them .Sorry can't make out the code today

what's the deal with rapidshare.I have to enter 4 distorted letters(or numbers) that have (maybe) kitties drawn in them .Sorry can't make out the code today

Yes I wnted to make a midi but my PC strikes regarding that... hmm I wanted to upload it here but there wasn:t enough space available because I already uploaded the skull theme.. well so I used rapidshare. I hope it works even with that stupid code

It looks like were getting original End Credits with new versions of Marion's theme and the Raiders march

I wonder if the coda mentioned is the coda to the original concert version of the Raiders March. That would be a nice way to bring things full circle.

well,thanks for getting here before me Merkel

I am worried about the second half of the album

What, worried like a person who owes 50,000 grand and can't afford the payments?

Worried like a person who's child is being bullied?

Worried as a person who's mother is seriously ill in hospital?

Let me get this straight, the wording of this one French review actually has you worried about the score?

KM, there is no hope for you. That review has my JW juices flowing at full capacity.

I do like what little there is to hear of Iriana's theme - definitely some Russian-sounding hints in there. I just hope there's some big, brassy, fleshed-out Russian cues to accompany it in the actual score.

damn it, I want score snippets NOW! Thanks for the midi; though with midi I always get the feeling being a composer myself (sounds soooo real with my crappy wavetable) :mellow: I hope reviews with small samples will be up until the middle of this week and the smell of a possible leak is in the air...

Now someone take the midi theme and develop it in what he/she thinks John Williams will do with it!

while I appreciate the effort someone goes to to make a midi, I refuse to listen as they sound terrible.

Welcome to the board Alex.

Just so you know, your entire standing amongst us will be entirely based on the quality of your mp3 :mellow:

Which I'm downloading now...

EDIT: "Please enter the letters which feature a drawing of a cat"?! I give up after my third attempt.

Ever tried megaupload.com? :D

Just so you know, your entire standing amongst us will be entirely based on the quality of your mp3 :mellow:

EDIT: "Please enter the letters which feature a drawing of a cat"?! I give up after my third attempt.

Yes, problems with rapidshare...

You can view my version of Irina's Theme on Youtube!

It looks like were getting original End Credits with new versions of Marion's theme and the Raiders march

I wonder if the coda mentioned is the coda to the original concert version of the Raiders March. That would be a nice way to bring things full circle.

Like the throne room (force theme concert version) in ROTS that you dislike? :D

Oh, and bienvenido, Alejandro. :mellow:

Yes, problems with rapidshare...

You can view my version of Irina's Theme on Youtube!

Hey don't you think that this version is wrong? I mean you did a great job but the way it was written.. B sharp instead of C .. that doesn't make much sense.. it makes more sense if you put it in the bass clef instead of g clef

MissPadme...

I just copy the score fragment, and sounds like this...

Hey I know thats what I did.. :mellow: but try to write it in the bass clef instead of the g clef so that an C becomes a E you know what I mean?

meanwhile I thought how the chords may sound.. its just my guess...

http://rapidshare.com/files/111112077/Skull_Chords.mp3

MissPadme...

Hey I know thats what I did.. :) but try to write it in the bass clef instead of the g clef so that an C becomes a E you know what I mean?

Oh, that sounds very Williams. Good job!

LOL and I just found an interesting connection between Indys Theme and Irinas...

Listen Again to Irina and than to that one... all I did was to change the notes the RYTHM is the same... do you think thats intentional?

http://rapidshare.com/files/111114517/Indy-Irina.mp3 :)

while I appreciate the effort someone goes to to make a midi, I refuse to listen as they sound terrible.

We're gonna have the entire score in Midi before the actual album gets released.... :)

Yeah. I really appreciate the efforts of those who made these files, but I wish I had just waited to hear actual clips. I'm not doubting that they're accurate translations, but in my mind, music ain't about the notes.

Ted

MissPadme...

Hey I know thats what I did.. :) but try to write it in the bass clef instead of the g clef so that an C becomes a E you know what I mean?

Of course you are correct here. The treble cleff in the score fragment is wrong. However Alex didn't take note of the accidentals anyway ;)

Good job figuring this out!

Yeah. I really appreciate the efforts of those who made these files, but I wish I had just waited to hear actual clips. I'm not doubting that they're accurate translations, but in my mind, music ain't about the notes.

Ted

well thats what I guessed them to be.. they maybe very different BUt.. when the ringtomne of Battle of the Heroes arrived for the first time on the net you know just the horn part... without the choir and the major chords.. I did something similar and it turned out to be a quit good guess :)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=7ENP5PQV

Ted

well thats what I guessed them to be.. they maybe very different BUt.. when the ringtomne of Battle of the Heroes arrived for the first time on the net you know just the horn part... without the choir and the major chords.. I did something similar and it turned out to be a quit good guess ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=7ENP5PQV

Please can you post it somewhere else, YouTube or so? I can't get the file without having to pay for the download service but desperate as to hearing your effort :)

Hmmmmm... it's Monday night! Don't we have nothing better to do that hang around here, waiting for another snippet of the KoCS score to be released???

Jeeez.

This may indicate that Spielberg and Co. are actually taking the artifact -- no, it's not the MacGuffin, George!! -- seriously. Sounds like it's going to be very dark and mystical. I like it!

Ted

The cats make it impossible to listen. Can you megaupload it please.

well just because you dont like cats.. especially for you ;)http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=41S1RAAI

Thanks for going to the trouble :)

TGE - so far unsure about whether he is going to like this theme.

and for anyone interested.. here is the skull theme orchestrated

Hey guys.. I just found the Skull ARK Theme Connection!!!!

therefore I changed the chords of the skull theme now it doesnt sound as much as a ghosthouse... but at the end I added two bars with my new harmony that might fit very well with the bass line.. and what theme do you hear?? :)