The OFFICIAL Indy IV Score Thread

chinaismine

I hope it's better than the first one. I didn't get an orchestral feel out of it. Ironically, the most exciting thing I heard in those clips was an electric cello. HGW staple, though he seems to have used it less of late...love the sound of it.

Is that what I hear coming in at 0:32 of "Eating Alone" from Shrek? If so, I love the sound of it.

I think that's an actual cello.

I believe it is. Electric cello has a rather distinctive sound. Gregson-Williams has used it a number of times. It was especially effective in Veronica Guerin.

Gear up guys...Indy 4 samples are coming!

Oh really?

Cause I've been geared up for samples since it was posted on Amazon. Just saying... :)

I hope it's better than the first one. I didn't get an orchestral feel out of it. Ironically, the most exciting thing I heard in those clips was an electric cello. HGW staple, though he seems to have used it less of late...love the sound of it.

Is that what I hear coming in at 0:32 of "Eating Alone" from Shrek? If so, I love the sound of it.

I think that's an actual cello.

I believe it is. Electric cello has a rather distinctive sound. Gregson-Williams has used it a number of times. It was especially effective in Veronica Guerin.

Yeah, and the Tumnus theme is always played on electric violin, I think.

Are you guys going to listen to the previews?

I actually want to save my ears for the theatres this time

1. Raiders March 3:23

2. Call of the Crystal 1:57

3. The Adventures of Mutt 2:01

4. Irina's Theme 4:22

5. The Snake Pit 1:59

6. The Spell of the Skull 2:31

7. A Whirl Through Academe 1:47

8. The Journey to Akator 3:11

9. "Return" 2:52

10. The Jungle Chase 8:31

11. Orellana's Cradle 1:44

12. Grave Robbers 2:17

13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold 5:12

14. Secret Doors and Scorpions 1:55

15. Oxley's Dilemma 2:58

16. Ants! 3:03

17. Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed 2:37

18. The Departure 6:03

19. Finale 17:43

Total 76:06

This is what Joey posted several weeks ago (probably fake). Do you wish this were true? I don't. A Finale of almost 18 minutes!? What the hell?

Hmmm, how come we still don't have the correct track times???

Its my understanding that newly edited version of Close Encounters of the Third Kind will be released on dvd on the same day as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which makes sense, that way Indiana Jones 5 will take place in the late 1970's without having to make Indy in his 80's.

Seems that some people on The Raven think that those track times are legit. I wouldn't mind such track times. It fills the CD nearly completely, The Jungle Chase is nicely long and an extremely long finale might mean there's an extremely interesting end title in there. I would expect "A Whirl Through Academe" to be longer though, if that indeed does accompany the new motorcycle chase, which I suspect.

I made up the track times so those people need to realize that.

Well,that's the problem joe. I could have made up track times too. Now people come here expecting this site to be reliable and internet rumors start.

I actually wrote on the Raven saying those track times were made up by member of JWfan, and some people even said they were legit, since they saw them on Aamazon before they were taken down.

then there stupid KM, really stupid because this site have never had track times any quicker than any other site. This is fan site, not the local news.

oh and you're the most fun guy on this site during these times, ;)

then there stupid KM, really stupid because this site have never had track times any quicker than any other site. This is fan site, not the local news.

Yep..... :D

surely to God my track times didn't end up on Amazon, I will sue if they did, btw the long finale is my biggest wish

Gear up guys...Indy 4 samples are coming!

They should be on my server later today.

-W

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?...564&page=13

Just for a luagh :D

They should be on my server later today.

-W

ur joking right? can we listen to these too? ;):D :D

So wrong.... so, so wrong.

I've been the unfortunate victim of these shenanigans before. Never again! That's all I'm saying.

Ted

I've been the unfortunate victim of these shenanigans before. Never again! That's all I'm saying.

Ted

äh, ok ... we'll see if he is right ... i was just asking for the first listen parts ... i dont wanna download the complete album, i already preorderd on amazon, if thats what u thinking

I honestly don't know why so many of you have any sort of problem with Weebo (I personally have no complaints, he was very friendly and helpful in the past).

Ah that explains it. Just a side note, how exactly does one link to a particular post/part of the page like you just did?

I've always wondered how that's done.

The score will probably run around 60 minutes.

I think (hope!) it will run around 70 minutes, like most recent big budget JW scores. (HP, SW, etc.)

Just listened to the last crusade end credits. Plain awesome and I can't wait to hear the Crystal Skull version! Visited Vantage Point in theatre a couple of days ago and they showed the teaser trailer for Indy IV. Once the raiders march came on I got goosebumps! never heard it so loud ;) Can't wait to see it in theater and hear it in the movie! (Going crazy right now... (jumping around the room :( ))