Anyone going to wait for the movie?

ChuckM

KotCS  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Wait for KotCS, or listen first?

• No way! I'm listening to the soundtrack the first chance I get!
    • I think I'll wait to hear it in the context of the movie.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered what it would be like to hear a highly anticipated new score in the film for the first time...but not enough to try it. I will be listening to it ASAP.

I'll listen to track 7, whatever that happens to be. I considered listening to track 7 before the release of Episode I but -- regrettably -- never did so, being a staunch spoiler-avoider. I did it for Episodes II and III and tracks #7 both were just killer f***ing tracks, and got me even more fired up for the movie.

I've always wondered what it would be like to hear a highly anticipated new score in the film for the first time...but not enough to try it. I will be listening to it ASAP.

Surprisingly, if you are really excited for the movie, you may not even notice the score. I remember after Episodes I and II, when I stuck around for the end credits I was like, "what the hell? I don't recognize any of this music..." Really bizarre!

I preordered the monster so I plan on listening to it the day it arrives. (Don't plan on looking at the tracklist though.) I listened to Nemesis before I saw the film (only once) and it didn't give anything away. As long as I give it only one whirl before I see the film, I shouldn't memorize any rhythm changes or musical sync points which could spoil something.

I'll just hear the raider march on Cd. to increase the WOW factor.

And then experience the complete score in the movie.

I want to be surprised at the cinema. Its the 1st and (most likely) only new Indy film i'm seeing at the cinema, so im not wasting this opportunity.

I wouldn't mind if the upcoming trailer or TV spots had some new music in them, but I'm not actually going to listen to the soundtrack CD until after I see the film.

Usually when I see a movie for the first time, I don't notice the score AS MUCH as I would if I listened to the score first. I listened to the ROTS score ahead of time, and it just got me excited while I was watching the flick. Being fluent with the music is almost like surround sound . . . there just seems to be better separation. Music can get drowned out during a flick, and knowing the score helps to overcome that, in some weird way.

With that said, I'll also wait until I purchase the CD before I listen to the music. Does it make any difference considering I'll buy the album regardless? Not really, but there just seems to be a bigger rush of excitement, opening the CD and getting a first listen in my car.

Buy or order, watch the movie, listen to the CD.

I've always wondered what it would be like to hear a highly anticipated new score in the film for the first time...but not enough to try it.

It's worth it.

We're talking about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull of course. :rolleyes:

Is that the one with Shia LaBoeuf?

indy4 - who will get it on May 20, but won't listen to it until after viewing the film.

I'll just hear the raider march on Cd. to increase the WOW factor.

And then experience the complete score in the movie.

I want to be surprised at the cinema. Its the 1st and (most likely) only new Indy film i'm seeing at the cinema, so im not wasting this opportunity.

I'll listen to it first. I'm also aware that this will probably be the only time I'll get to see an Indy film in a theatre.

Unless, of course, they attempt the Tarzan/James Bond approach and try to slide someone else in as Indy for future films :rolleyes: Or perhaps digitally making Harrison Ford look younger like what was done in X-3 with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan. Don't put it beyond Lucas and his lust for money!

If I wait for the movie I'm going to get distracted trying to pay attention to the score.I'd rather know the music first...wait,then I'll be distracted listening for unreleased music

If I have my druthers, I'll see the movie opening night, and listen to the soundtrack the next day. Then I'll probably go see the movie again at least once. Of course, I may not have my druthers; I might be using someone else's. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I aching to listen the score first, but I think I'll manage to wait until I see the movie, since it'll be the ultimate way of experiencing the hopefully great score.

Lol this is funny. When I clicked on this thread I was going to post "I'll be listening to it the moment it gets leaked on the net". But after reading the replies...I'm thinking of abstaining! Hmmm

Yep,there's nothing like watching a long anticipated movie on a PC screen in pirated shaky hand held camera format

That will often suffice for most films, but not this one. I have to see this one in the theater.

I'm surprised at how many people are waiting to hear the score though. Right now it's about a third of the votes. I would have estimated a fourth at most.

Lol this is funny. When I clicked on this thread I was going to post "I'll be listening to it the moment it gets leaked on the net".

Yes, I'm thinking it's just a question of when, not if. And of course that would mean there's no way I could hold off.

I will be seeing the movie first in the theater.

Of course if it were to fall into my hands earlier than the release date I would imagine I would give it a listen.

:rolleyes:

I want to wait for the movie to experience the visuals and music as unity. However I think I won't be able to resist as soon as the soundtrack is available...

I will then probably listen to little snippets of each track just to get an impression of what it is going to sound like :rolleyes:

Of course if it were to fall into my hands earlier than the release date I would imagine I would give it a listen.

:)

really, well you know how to contact me!!!

:)

really, well you know how to contact me!!!

Yes, if you do happen to come across it, I guess I wouldn't mind a listen either, if you know what I mean.

Ted

Not sure yet...it'd be fun to hear it for the first time in the film, but as KM said, it could be distracting listening too intently to the music. I'll have to play it by ear and just see what happens when it's released.

Ray Barnsbury

Definitely not going to even LOOK at the soundtrack first. I'll buy it on the way home. Although, I did accidentally see the track list on the main Indy page the other day - ack!

It is your only chance to appreciate the music on its own. Don't pass it up, its great.

I'll listen without reading the track titles.

Usually when I see a movie for the first time, I don't notice the score AS MUCH as I would if I listened to the score first. I listened to the ROTS score ahead of time, and it just got me excited while I was watching the flick. Being fluent with the music is almost like surround sound . . . there just seems to be better separation. Music can get drowned out during a flick, and knowing the score helps to overcome that, in some weird way.

With that said, I'll also wait until I purchase the CD before I listen to the music. Does it make any difference considering I'll buy the album regardless? Not really, but there just seems to be a bigger rush of excitement, opening the CD and getting a first listen in my car.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts!

I will start listeneing to the CD the minute I get it... can't wait!