Movie recitals or regurgitation, movies you

JoeinAR

Come on admit it there are films out there that we all are nuts over.

Films that we know every scene, ever sound, every spoken word.

So fess up what movies can you sit and recite the lines, and I don't mean just saying them,

I mean ACTING.

Yes I do a mean Robert Shaw, Ya'll know me, know how I earn a livin...I saw one eat a rockin chair once

I do an even meaner, Piper Laurie, RED, I might have know it be RED, And now the devil has come home, we'll pray, we'll pray, for the last time we'll pray.

course there are other films and other characters I can slip into well.

So tell us, don't be afraid to embarrass yourself just a bit.

Come on Fanboys

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proficient in many scenes from 007, LotR and Star Wars sagas, as well as Jaws, Carrie, Heat, Superman The Movie, The Godfather, Executive Decison, Aliens, Terminator and Terminator 2 and many more.

I'm proficient in many scenes from 007, LotR and Star Wars sagas, as well as Jaws, Carrie, Heat, Superman The Movie, The Godfather, Executive Decison, Aliens, Terminator and Terminator 2 and many more.

glad to see someone else can appreciate the sharp dialogue in Carrie.

I'm told I can mimic Daniel Day-Lewis' performance from There Will Be Blood, or Gangs of New York, depending on which I've seen. I'm great with the, "This is my son, H.W." line. I also used to be able to pull of a decent Sean Connery from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees, and the birds in the sky." The other night, while playing a highly competitive game of beer pong on my patio, I started quoting Hook with a friend, for some reason, and discovered that I can impersonate Dustin Hoffman's James T. Hooks interpretations quite well. Random, I know.

Ted

Not a movie. But I can recite most scripts from Fawlty Towers from memory.

"Well may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of Wildebeest sweeping majestically....."

"I expected to be able to see the sea"

"you CAN see the sea, it's over there between the land and the sky"

"I'd need a telescope to see that"

"Well may I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea... or preferably in it"

------

"Now listen here, I'm not satisfied, but I've decided to stay here. However, I will expect a reduction"

"Why, because Krakatoa's not erupting at the moment or...?"

"Because the room is cold... the bath is too small, the view is invisible, and the radio doesn't work"

"No, the radio works. You don't"

This is the ultimate sign that I spent far too much time watching TV as a kid. I just typed that out from memory and could go on for another dozen or so scenes :lol:

glad to see someone else can appreciate the sharp dialogue in Carrie.

Cheers, fellow! :lol: Carrie was always one of my favourite King books and also one of my favourite De Palma movies, it's a masterpiece. I of course own it on a DVD, have seen it countless times and can quote practically the whole movie by heart. ;)

I was talking movies richuk, not tv, please take your crap elsewhere. ;)

tv is wonderfully quotable, if not annoyingly so at times. Perhaps my favorite Star Trek episode to not just quote but to reenact is A Piece of the Action....Riiigght, check. Check, riiigght

Maglorfin, I too can do the same with Carrie, we'd have dinner/watching parties, it was a hoot, though my sisterinlaw thought it was vulgar.

Movie recitals or regurgitation, movies you, know by heart.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to recite 'entire' movies, but I can act out whole scenes from many movies.

Lawrence of Arabia (a goldmine of superb and powerful conversations), Secret of the Incas, Excalibur, etc etc.

Big Lebowski. That's one quotable movie, and a movie that's impossible to quote without mimicking the nuances of the delivery. 'tis poetry in motion.

did you miss my little winking eye, you know I was joking

oh and if you quote faulty towers then you've probably at some point quoted Monty Python.

Hello Mrs Gorilla,

Hello Mrs Non-Gorilla

did you miss my little winking eye, you know I was joking

oh and if you quote faulty towers then you've probably at some point quoted Monty Python.

Hello Mrs Gorilla,

Hello Mrs Non-Gorilla

Hehe Joe, I know - even you have to like the show :D

Plus the small corner of Torquay must be defended at all costs ;)

Actually, I haven't seen too much Monty Python. A lot of it is just a little too 60s/70s cheesy for me, but I've seen maybe 20 episodes and of course most of their movies.

I don't watch them enough to quote though... not really.. :o

"I'm worried about what you've got against birds!?"

"Look... if we built this large wooden badger..."

SW films, LOTR films, Toy Story, a number of Spielberg films, various Trek quotes, The Blues Brothers, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, Ghostbusters....too many to name

ASW, who enjoys selecting quotes from these to apply real-life occasions as they occur

I can do a pretty good Gollum/Smeagol impression..

I have a friend who can recite, act out, and sing (she's a voice major) these movies line for line, even going so far as doing sound effects and the scores.

Aladin

Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King

The Little Mermaid

Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery

The Wizard of Oz

ET

Those are all I can remember off hand, but it is seriously amazing!

I can quote Office Space like it's nobody's business, but there's one specific monologue that has somehow stayed in my mind for 10+ years:

"[...] It's all there black and white, clear as crystal. You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bounced into the ceiling which must now be washed and sterilized so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!"

"...You're a crook. You're a cheat and a swindler. How could you do a thing like this? Build up a boy's dreams and then smash them all his hopes to pieces. You're an inhuman monster!"

"I said good day!"

I realized a while ago when I caught Jurassic Park on TV that I could basically recite the dialogue verbatim as it was being spoken. And that was years since I'd seen it...I guess I watched it a little too much as a kid.

Off the top of my head, several passages from the LotRs, especially most of Pippin's significant dialogue... I'm a sucker for the scottish accent, and devoured the extended edition documentaries because of that... so yeah, I can recite several portions of the behind the scenes stuff, too. Call that nerdy...

Generally movie lines get stuck in my memory way better when they're delivered by a character with a strong accent, then I try to imitate that as close as possible... especially if it's scottish. (A favorite line of mine of this kind comes from Duck Tales :D "A sea monsterr aate may acecreaaaam!")

My girlfriend can recite "Lion King 2 - Simba's pride" (especially... the first one too), she's watched it daily as a child :lol:

-------------------------------------------

The more interesting (and fitting for this place) question would be: what scores can you sing through from beginning to end? :P

The Rock pretty much line-for-line.

Hot Shots! Part Deux, Jane Austen's Mafia!, Wrongfully Accused, Spy Hard. Y'know, all the classics.

I seem to find myself quoting The Big Lebowski often.

Also, basically any Home Movies, SpongeBob, Scrubs or Family Guy episode.

At one time I could do Lex Luthor's dialogue from Superman, almost all of Airplane!, Star Wars & The Empire Strikes Back, Smokey and The Bandit, Monty Python, Hans Gruber from Die Hard.....

Bruce Willis films are fun to quote. I guess I pretty much have all of Die Hard down.

No effing garbage lady, does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza!

I have an old Playstation game called Apocalypse that stars Bruce Willis. :lol: I think he wrote his own lines, cause his dialogue is just one-liners as you run around this hellish place killing demons with crazy guns.

My favorite from the game: Put a little more lead in your diet!

Are we talking about full recitals of films Joe? The entire film script?

If so I could do Aliens and Back to the Future.

Yeah but what can you recite verbatim?

I could probably do E.T too, and Seven.

JFK

"That's the FBI. That's the CIA. That's the Secret Service. That's the ONI. Isn't this a strange place for...

...a Communist to spend his spare time?

What are you driving at boss?

We're going back into the case.

The murder of the President.

Lord, wake me. I must be dreaming.

You're awake. I'm deadly serious. "

A more interesting question is what film scores do you have memorized and can whistle verbatim?

Huh, there are so many ... :o Really, not showing off, but I can whistle or sing a myriad of them, even play quite a few main themes on piano. ;) Maybe being a musician helps a little. :)