Ewoks: The Battle for Endor does it stand up after 23 years?

Henry B

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RotJ is great (as is every other SW film, IMO).

Hello did you not read the title properly? Henry is talking about Ewoks: The Battle of Endor, completely different film. Grant it takes place in the SW universe but that's what the film is called: Ewoks: The Battle Of Endor. Obviously you have never seen it or heard of it...

BTW no it definitely doesn't stand up...still sucks.

The Battle of Endor is unexciting, but the space battle was terrific. "She's gonna blow!"

Anyway, I don't share the apparent hatred that some member have expressed for the film. I've always liked it enough, despite somewhat losing my taste for it over the years. I still think the first 50 minutes to an hour are very good, particularly.

Ted

There's a space battle in Ewoks: The Battle for Endor?

I should have clarified that. I was referring to Return of the Jedi, sorry. It had been mentioned elsewhere on the thread, even though the thread isn't about it.

Ted

The Battle of Endor and ROTJ have many similarities and not only because of the Ewok.

:lol: You're right.

On a serious note, I must say that the two Ewok films actually have great scores (by the obscure Peter Bernstein, son of Elmer). There was only an LP release of the score, but there's a decent CD bootleg floating around.

Both of the Ewok movies are sorry stuff, but they are nowhere near as bad as the Star Wars Holiday Special. Seriously, that may be the worst thing I've ever seen that was made by (supposedly) professional filmmakers.

Hey, I loved Battle for Endor as a kid!

Never mind that the damn thing was responsible for more of my childhood nightmares than any other single film. ;)

That would be AOTC, actually

Look, dude, if you don't like Attack of the Clones, that's fine by me. But if you're seriously saying that it's worse than The Star Wars Holiday Special, then your right to an opinion ought to be revoked.

It's so bad that it will change your life.

It's two hours, but it feels longer. I'm not sure I'm not still watching it.

Best (worst) bootleg purchase EVER. People don't believe me when I tell them about it; it's nice to have proof.

That would be AOTC, actually

Look, dude, if you don't like Attack of the Clones, that's fine by me. But if you're seriously saying that it's worse than The Star Wars Holiday Special, then your right to an opinion ought to be revoked.

It's so bad that it will change your life.

It's two hours, but it feels longer. I'm not sure I'm not still watching it.

Best (worst) bootleg purchase EVER. People don't believe me when I tell them about it; it's nice to have proof.

You can also find it on YouTube. But don't. Just don't. :cool:

I cannot believe I actually sat thru those when they were first shown on TV.

:cool:

Are you talking about the Star Wars Holiday Special? That was incredibly bad, yes. I remember how that special made me revaluate Lucas as an artist. Later when I went to Return Of The Jedi in 1983, the feeling I had when I watched the Holiday Special came back. It's almost as if the Holiday Special was an omen, a warning of things to come.

Alex

:cool:

Are you talking about the Star Wars Holiday Special? That was incredibly bad, yes. I remember how that special made me revaluate Lucas as an artist. Later when I went to Return Of The Jedi in 1983, the feeling I had when I watched the Holiday Special came back. It's almost as if the Holiday Special was an omen, a warning of things to come.

Alex

You're talking about the boogie-man!

neither is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be, its was a throw away tv special and tv movies. Neither were put together with the care and the talent that AOTC was. On a scale of bad they are no worse than two of the bad episodes of South Park or Family Guy.

Stefan is right, Bryant, you need to learn that. He is THE Master of these parts.

neither is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be, its was a throw away tv special and tv movies.

That's your excuse for finding them good?

Alex where do I say they are good? Answer that smart boy.

I just said they are not as bad as people make them out to be, people act as if they were harmed in the viewing of them.

He wrote the story outline.

Its the story THAT bad then?

I dont think so.

It was very badly executed, worse than the prequels.

Well, the story is just that Han and Chewie are trying to get to Kashyyyk for Life Day. I would guess that the only characters Lucas devised were Chewie's family and Art Carney's character.

I just said they are not as bad as people make them out to be, people act as if they were harmed in the viewing of them.

There aren't NEARLY as bas as people say they are means you think there's something to them, otherwise, why would you stick up for them? It's simply a matter of reading between the lines. There's no shame in admitting you enjoyed it, Joey. Of course people weren't harmed by them! So, where do they stand in you top 50?

There aren't NEARLY as bas as people say they are means you think there's something to them, otherwise, why would you stick up for them? It's simply a matter of reading between the lines. There's no shame in admitting you enjoyed it, Joey. Of course people weren't harmed by them! So, where do they stand in you top 50?

you are big with your leaps of faith, but you're wrong. you make false assumptions.

I'm pretty sure I saw the Star Wars Holiday special, and 1 of the 2 ewoks movies, but other than that I only have vague recollections that they were pretty bad, but I don't remember the earth shattering, or people dying spontaneously. They are no worse than vangelisis score to blade runner Ok, Im joshing you, they are probably worse.

:(

Alex

No I mean the Ewok specials. We were in Germany when the Holiday special was aired. I had the misfortune of seeing it eventually.