Do you admire George Lucas?

Josh500

Do you like/admire George Lucas?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. He brought us Star Wars and Indiana Jones!!!

• Yes.
    • No.

Do you admire George Lucas?

Not anymore. I respect him for a couple of things but I don't admire him. I did admire him endlessly when I was 14.

Alex

He now has a thread named after him, the power and attention's gone to his head.

Nope. I just don't like being called a nerd, that's all...

Sometin' wong, yank??

Stefan is a Duch...

All those orange feathers and he still can't fly :)

fear-the-duck-orange.jpg

It's that time of year again???? So they're letting Beatrix out of her cage on Wednesday :) As for the shirt, it's yours for €1,000,000. A real bargain.

• 12 years later...
On 4/25/2008 at 4:14 PM, John Crichton said:

Positive: Most criticisms about the prequels I'd have are in presentation and excecution, not in the groundwork of the story.

NegativeHorrible, horrible dialouge. Write the story outline and let someone else handle the script. And this has been around since the beginning.

This is the only negative I agree with. Intricating the dialogue would easily bring out more character depth, but it would also confuse more numb minds. However I think the overall presentation and execution of the prequels are excellent! and the groundwork of the story is incredible!

I'd rather have the magnificent story and execution of the prequels, than the simplistic coherence and streamlined acting of the sequels. Some of it even surpasses the OT. Lucas was a master, and it shows.

YES, even if he brought us The Prequels!

After all, I put all the blame on the "Yes man" Rick McCallum for his carelessness on the Prequels.

The "12 years later..." thread revival marker cracks me up. So do the ever-shifting attitudes on Lucas's work (even in my own brain). All the post-Lucas-era Star Wars stories really accentuate his strengths with their weaknesses, and his weaknesses with their strengths.

On the whole, I admire him, and he seems like a cool guy, but the prequels and his changes to the OT are worse than anything J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson, or Kathleen Kennedy could even hope to screw up. 

...Maclunkey

special edition.jpg

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I admire his purity

Yes. George is...a survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality. He really is a miracle of evolution. A perfect engine, an eating machine...

George-Lucas.png

...he films, and eats, and makes baby Georges. And that's all.