Stefancos

JWFAN Dreams

15 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I had a dream recently about a tsunami. And trying to save my family who were completely disinterest. My tongue fell out as we were running and I couldn't fit it in my mouth because it ended up being very big (I know, I know). And was trying to find a superglue to attach it. But didn't have time as there was helicopter waiting with president Pullman on board.

Karol

I often dream about tsunamis -- often this very Roland Emmerich-like superwave looming on the horizon, slowly getting closer. I understand it's a fairly common dream phenomenon; often a mirror of everyday worries manifested through foreboding threats.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

A glimpse of a dream last night:

I have these "unprepared-for-big-music-event" dreams fairly often. Especially when I was more active with my piano-playing, I would have dreams where I'd be at a concert about to perform, but I haven't learnt my piece. Or I'm about to enter an exam for which I haven't properly learnt the piece/only know how to play parts of. I gather these kinds of dreams are quite common among professional musicians. It's a nightmarish scenario to be in.

I wonder what nightmares JW experiences. I guess they're one of two kinds, either "Where-is-my-piano?" or "Where-is-my-pencil?"!

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I often dream about tsunamis -- often this very Roland Emmerich-like superwave looming on the horizon, slowly getting closer. I understand it's a fairly common dream phenomenon; often a mirror of everyday worries manifested through foreboding threats.

Or it sometimes means you went to sleep with a full bladder.

59 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Or it sometimes means you went to sleep with a full bladder.

For that state, the dream usually revolves around the 'hunt' for a free toilet (it's either occupied, it has transparent windows, you can't find it, it's disgusting etc.).

A bell rings in the darkness, slow and steady. I wonder upon a girl, playing solitaire. She announces the leaves as I then fall into the pit. Endlessly falling....

I pick up a book. The cover is the wrong way round. Monks are slow dancing in the arms of a griffin as the fire slowly draws near.

I wake up!

I had a dream about an Iceland-like island in the southern hemisphere. It didn't have its own ships, so @Jurassic Shark kept pointing out, that if ships from outside stopped coming, they would all be going to starve. 

The biggest news on the island were that king William of England wanted to invest in a Disneyland to be built on the island, to turn it into a tourist-attracting location. He told a newspaper, that he "would need the (financial) help of Harry". His Royal Highness was visibly displeased that he cannot openly embezzle public funds of Britain to finance this project.

Something else sinister was also going on, because there were old type airplanes of unknown identity flying around like in North By Northwest and strafing "intruders" who came too close to whatever they were guarding. My father tried to raport about them strafing his plane, but  the 1970s English comedy gentlemen at the police station reacted as if it was the most incredulous thing ever and returned to munching on their doughnuts and tea.

This dream felt realistic and down-to-earth in a way the scenes in the town at the beginning of Jaws are.

Last night I dreamt that me and some colleagues from when I was in high school traveled to meet John Williams at his apartment... which was located in Moscow, Russia. Suspiciously, it didn't looked like Moscow at all, but more like the city I actually live.

JW had spent the weekend on his farm house (?) and was returning home, so we and my friends waited for him at the entrance of the building until he arrived with his family. However, JW was very weake and tired, so one of my colleagues had to carry him inside, like Kevin Costner carrying Whitney Houston on The Bodyguard.

We entered his apartment, which was very small, but where he lived with several generations of his family, including a woman from Rio de Janeiro (with whom, therefore, I could speak in Portuguese) that was married to one of his sons. 

Williams was still very fragile, so he lay down on the sofa, covered himself with a warm blanket and started to sleep, while his granddaughter or grand-granddaughter, a young girl named Laura (or was it Laurinda? I'm not so sure) was watching Peppa Pig or something. I wanted to talk with JW, of course, but since he was so tired, I started to interview the girl: what was the favorite theme her pops had composed? Which Home Alone movie she thought it was funnier, the first or the second one? She didn't know the answer for the first question, and liked Home Alone 2 better than the first.

Afterwards, I was on a soccer field located on the building JW lived, on which a few brazilian soccer players were practicing and talking about the most recent matches. Then. Thiago Neves, a player the team I'm a fan of, was kicking some penaltys and I had to defend them.

(yeah, I know, a walking cliché, the only brazilian guy and even his dreams have to revolve about soccer).

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Brazilian football is incredibly awful.

Actually it was invented in England, but Brazil popularized it on the 50s to the early 2000s, thanks to players like Pelé, Garrincha, Zico, Romário, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, etc. But since we won the 2002 World Cup, the quality of the soccer being played here has descended to abismal levels... Just look at our match with Germany on 2014.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:53 AM, Loert said:

I wonder what nightmares JW experiences. I guess they're one of two kinds, either "Where-is-my-piano?" or "Where-is-my-pencil?"!

I guess he probably have nightmares on which he writes great scores but then Lucas and Spielberg torn it to pieces when editing the movie. Or maybe he dreams about being chased by J.J. Abrams, who insistently asks him to write alternates for cues for his Star Wars scores and more performances of the Binary Sunset. "Come on, John, it'll make the movie more epic!"