The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

New trailer is up at the oficial site

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Pretty similar to the last one, but still some new shots in there

This looks GREAT!!!!!

I love the way Raiders March abruptly stops when Indy says to Mutt, "Don't touch anything!"

The person who creates these trailers certainly is having fun with the music...

BTW, is it just me, or does the chase scene along the cliff look better with each new trailer???

P.S. What is the new music heard between the Ark Theme and Raiders march? Pretty much just drums, but . . . what is that?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all! I just purchased my tickets for the 4:45 PM showing of the new film at the Loews Boston Commons theater, for May 22nd. I'll be in Boston to see JW conduct the Boston Pops, so I figured I would see the film in Boston as well. In Florida we don't have huge theaters everywhere (although there is a pretty big one in Jacksonville where I go to College), so I bet this will be my first experience at a large theater. Anyone been to the Loews Boston Commons before?

I have been there many times it's a very nice theater.

Also, unless the movie you are seeing in on the one screen they have on the first floor, once they take your ticket as you go up to the second floor, you could wander around there all day long seeing any movies you wanted with incredible ease.

Agreed, this was our theater of choice when I was a student and it's a great venue with at least 2 digital screens.

New trailer is up at the oficial site

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Pretty similar to the last one, but still some new shots in there

I'm really excited after seeing all the trailers, but a part of me wishes I hadn't seen anything. There are shots that are clearly from the final sequences of escaping whatever temple is housing the crystal skull. It looks a lot like the last scene in the Mummy Returns.

Some people might get a laugh out of
: How George Lucas Might F@#% Up Indiana Jones 4. :rolleyes:

That was pretty good, although LOTR by George Lucas was a lot better. I did dig the part at the end where George was reciting his own movie though.

My son and I are debating sneaking to see it on Friday evening because my wife won't be able to go until Saturday and she wants our first viewing to be together.

I know I'm naughty.

Is Spielberg into all of the alien conspiracy theories or something? It makes you wonder when the theme of extraterrestrial encounter recurs over and over again throughout his body of work. Supposedly, his earliest home-camera movies as a child were also about aliens, and his dad, who was an engineer, helped him to make a rudimentary special effect that looked like a UFO for them. With such an interest in alien movies so early on, it appears this fascination is something more than a mere calculation that a movie, if aliens are put into it, will automatically improve its chances for commercial success.

While people are excited about a new Williams score this is also the first Spielberg directed film in almost 3 years as well.

A long stretch for a Spielberg film. Not since the Saving Private Ryan / A.I. gap has Spielberg gone so long without making a feature-length movie

Ted

A long stretch for a Spielberg film. Not since the Saving Private Ryan / A.I. gap has Spielberg gone so long without making a feature-length movie

Ted

oohh thats not a great pair of films there.

One very good WWII movie, but not a very good movie, and the other just a mess of a film

are you saying because I don't like A.I. I don't have taste? I'd say the same if you like it, its a badly directed, badly written, in some parts badly acted film. Now if you're getting on me about Saving Private Ryan, why? Its a very good war film but not a great movie. Sometimes its smarmy, and its undermined by one of the least believable crying scenes to ever end a movie, and Williams track Hymn to the Fallen is the most sachharin piece he's written in his career.

Saving Private Ryan, Its a very good war film but not a great movie.

I sort of agree with you, but I'd have to swap around the two words I've highlighted.

It ain't a great film, but its a very good one.

on that note I do agree with Ted, but I think you can have great films within a genre that are not necessarily great films overall, and thats how I feel about SPR. Its certainly to be commended for its very raw opening, but its not on the level of say Patton, which is a great war film, and a great movie/film.

A movie is good and a film is great? Or a movie is fun and a film is art? Or something like that? I never made the distinction; I just thought they meant the same.

a movie is fun and a film is art?

Sort of and vaguely. At least from where I'm sitting. I'm stressing the word 'vaguely'.

You can have great movies and you can have great films. I've always made my own distinctions between the two.

Its all bullsh*t of course.

AOTC is a movie, Star Wars is a film, thats simply based on one is a digitization, the other an actual film.

DARTH VADER: Master, is Revenge of the Sith a film?

EMPEROR: No, it's just a movie.

DARTH VADER: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met Ian McDiarmid once. He's a complete a-hole, almost as mean as how he is in Star Wars.

I met Ian McDiarmid once. He's a complete a-hole, almost as mean as how he is in Star Wars.

Ian McDiarmid stalked for autographs

I don't blame any Star Wars actor for being an a-hole given what they sometimes go through. As Carrie Fisher once said, Star Wars has provided them with "a small merry band of stalkers." I was at a screening of Shattered Glass at the Chicago Film Festival a few years ago and some of the SW fans were pretty obnoxious and angry with Hayden Christensen when he didn't take 6 hours to sign every toy, poster, book etc. for everyone lined up outside of the theater.

Ian McDiarmid stalked for autographs

I don't blame any Star Wars actor for being an a-hole given what they sometimes go through. As Carrie Fisher once said, Star Wars has provided them with "a small merry band of stalkers." I was at a screening of Shattered Glass at the Chicago Film Festival a few years ago and some of the SW fans were pretty obnoxious and angry with Hayden Christensen when he didn't take 6 hours to sign every toy, poster, book etc. for everyone lined up outside of the theater.

I met him because he happened to be in the audience at a classical concert I was attending. We weren't at a fan-filled event. He was not being mobbed or harassed. I approached him politely in intermission, telling him I enjoyed his work as an actor; he half-heartedly said "thank you" and then rolled his eyes at me and turned away with the clear intent of trying to ignore me. He's an a-hole. I've met Martin Sheen, who is a much bigger star than McDiarmid is and also presumably much more sought after by fans, and he's one of the friendliest people across whom you could ever come.

Hayden Christensen should be grateful the most significant burden in his life is entertaining requests from fans that he sign memorabilia for them. If he doesn’t understand this, he should consider taking a trip to a third-world country or visiting a pediatric ward in a hospital.

After hearing the track Ants! in its entirety, I can't wait for the ant scene...

Hopefully they used real ants, and NOT CGI ants!

I approached him politely in intermission, telling him I enjoyed his work as an actor; he half-heartedly said "thank you" and then rolled his eyes at me and turned away with the clear intent of trying to ignore me.

I guess actors these days want to hear something a little less cliched than 'I'm a huge fan' or 'I love your work'.

But rolled eyes... not the most courteous thing to do. Especially since he didn't have a mob of people all trying to gush on him.

Lucas had a lot to say about the new "Indy" and its future.

"I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

darth_vader_nooo.jpeg