The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me feel like I'm watching the Angry Video Game Nerd / Captain S Christmas Special.

"It's a buttload of crud."

"Come on... come on!"

"Oh [beep]!"

I always said it.

A new trilogy with old indy is coming

Mmm Maybe crystal skull, then INdy 5, where indy is 'mentor' and then 'indy' 6 with Mutt alone.

And then a TV series of the adventures of the new Indiana 'Mutt' Jones character.

run for your lives.

I always said it.

A new trilogy with old indy is coming

Mmm Maybe crystal skull, then INdy 5, where indy is 'mentor' and then 'indy' 6 with Mutt alone.

And then a TV series of the adventures of the new Indiana 'Mutt' Jones character.

run for your lives.

Makes me hope they both die at the end.

Son of a *****, someone needs to tie George to a bed and go Misery on his ass.

Now "bitch" is censored too? For God's sake...

No, it's a spoiler.

Man, this bad bad news. Why can't Lucas just leave things alone... Why Does he have to work everything he touches into the ground, bleeding it dry.

If this thing ever gets off the ground I cannot see Spielberg directing. In fact I would be extremely surprised to see Ford playing second fiddle in his own franchise. This is just a dumb arsed idea and I pray it crumbles into nothing.

If Lucas visits places like AICN and I'm sure he probably does, then the talk of extreme violence aimed directly at his person just might be enough to make him think twice on this dumb idea.

Mutt's a shemale?

Isnt Son-in-law the name of your daughter's husband?

Indiana jones was supposed to have a daughter.

BTW maybe Lucas was just joking or scaring people. We dont have tha actual video to watch and what was his tone.

Media loves to add hype.

Well I love the idea with Shia and even if it turns out to the worst film ever made.. it doesn't ruin anything.. I have 3 (maybe 4 )perfect Indy movies, none can take it from me.. they can do what they want..

Oh no wait izt is LUCAS.. of course this idea is s**t!

oh boys... :P

Bring us your feminine balance, Miss Padme!

Hm I hope that doesn't mean anything nasty, I cannot understand, because it is in english! ;)

well I find Shia to be somehow pretty cute ... :P

BTW maybe Lucas was just joking or scaring people. We dont have tha actual video to watch and what was his tone.

Media loves to add hype.

Hang on, methinks (hopes) you may may be right. The part where he reveals he's not even mentioned it to Spiel's or Ford HAS to be a dead giveaway. At least I'm praying that is the case.

Kudos and Brownie points to George if this is some sort of extremely sick and very late April Fool's joke.

Hm I hope that doesn't mean anything nasty, I cannot understand, because it is in english! :P

Nah, it's innocent. He just means there's not really enough females on this board that post to balance things out lol.

I hope the man dies soon... he's gonna draw out the Indy franchise like he has with Star Wars. The man needs to just quit.

Not cool. Not cool at all. You should be ashamed of this post.

Neil

I hope the man dies soon... he's gonna draw out the Indy franchise like he has with Star Wars. The man needs to just quit.

Not cool. Not cool at all. You should be ashamed of this post.

Neil

Black humour is best served PITCH black.

I for one have no problem with Vosk's post.

I don't recall asking what you thought of his post. Wanting a person to retire is one thing. Wishing him dead is another.

And frankly I don't think Trent is capable of the humor you're attributing to him.

Neil

I don't recall asking what you thought of his post.

Whoa! Am I even on a message board here?! I find it laughably ironic that you just posted such a response! I've made a mental note of your clearly condescendingly driven response, for future reference and correspondence.

*shakes head in disappointment...*

Regardless, I still have no problem with Vosk's original comment, even though he went on to retract it. Of course I don't wish Lucas dead, duh.

I thought the whole "passing-the-torch" idea was mentioned long ago? In any event, Harrison and Steven would not approve of it. The series is called, "Indiana Jones" after all.

How many movies were originally planned? 3 or 5? I keep seeing both of those numbers pop up online. Depending on how this one turns out, I wouldn't be opposed to an Indy 5. We'll see.

Also, a quick note on Shia. At first I was very skeptical of him in this flick (as much as I dig the guy) but when I thought about it, they were going the young sidekick route anyway, so it might as well be a good actor. Also, slapping him on promotional items seem to be bothering some people. Shia's role is as big as Sean's was in Last Crusade, but no one complained about him being all over merchandise (granted, it's Sean Connery, but I'm just talking character-wise here). Like it or not, he's the sidekick. Harrison's definitely in the spotlight though.

As for Lucas, the man just needs to retire. He has some great ideas, but he needs to let other people run with those ideas.

You need to get a life.

Mutt's a shemale?

Luke if it doesn't occur within the three films (4 now) I don't really care nor do I pay attention.

Luke if it isn't in the film it isn't canon.

Also, a quick note on Shia. At first I was very skeptical of him in this flick (as much as I dig the guy) but when I thought about it, they were going the young sidekick route anyway, so it might as well be a good actor. Also, slapping him on promotional items seem to be bothering some people. Shia's role is as big as Sean's was in Last Crusade, but no one complained about him being all over merchandise (granted, it's Sean Connery, but I'm just talking character-wise here). Like it or not, he's the sidekick. Harrison's definitely in the spotlight though.

Of course! LaBeouf's shaping up to be a good actor, but the idea of him taking over the Indiana Jones franchise is a bad one. It just isn't done.

Gotta be honest, I'd rather have Indy 5 than Terminator 4 or, God forbid, Home Alone 5!!!

Well I could give a **** about Home Alone, but good God what are they doing with the Terminator franchise? James Cameron IS Terminator. Without him, you don't have Terminator. You're Terminator-less.

. . . Terminator.

Man, this bad bad news. Why can't Lucas just leave things alone... Why Does he have to work everything he touches into the ground, bleeding it dry.

If this thing ever gets off the ground I cannot see Spielberg directing. In fact I would be extremely surprised to see Ford playing second fiddle in his own franchise. This is just a dumb arsed idea and I pray it crumbles into nothing.

If Lucas visits places like AICN and I'm sure he probably does, then the talk of extreme violence aimed directly at his person just might be enough to make him think twice on this dumb idea.

Come on, that's ridiculous. We don't even have Indy 4 out, and already we're worrying about the next installment!? WTH!

Frankly, I don't see it happening. Not with Spielberg, Williams (that's John, not Mutt), and Ford on board, anyway.

Anyone else watch Cate Blanchett's interview from IESB?

At the beginning she talks about listening to movie soundtracks with her two young sons on the way to school and how they've been listening to the Raidersp "theme" over and over again. ;)

I thought that was neat.

Yeah, that's nice. I love Cate! ;)

I read recently that on the set of Indy 4 somebody would ALWAYS be humming the Raiders March! I forgot who said that, but that certainly made me laugh...

Mutt's a shemale?

Luke if it doesn't occur within the three films (4 now) I don't really care nor do I pay attention.

Luke if it isn't in the film it isn't canon.

Excuse me to both, but The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is not some EU crappy novel, comic or whatever.

George Lucas was involved enough and loves this TV series as to make them canon.

Remember that the films were at one point considered chapters 23, 24 and 25 (or similar) of the Indiana jones series.

Now, the new releases of the Young indy seem to have cut the old indy snippets so the daughter may not be canon anymore.

Hmmm, is it me, or does the blue screen work (or is it green screen now?) look incredibly sloppy? I hope they cleaned that up!

yes it looked a bit strange maybe the youtube video was not made well.

The only point of putting the Lucasfilm logo in this fashion (not just the logo that would make more sense and not duplicate the mount) is that the Indy Lucasfilm logo is going to be like this, ie, Paramount morphs into it.

logo.jpg

Hey, watch this!

I love how Jay Leno asks Harrison Ford straight out, "What's up? Does the movie suck?" Hahahaha.

Hmmm, is it me, or does the blue screen work (or is it green screen now?) look incredibly sloppy? I hope they cleaned that up!

yes it looked a bit strange maybe the youtube video was not made well.

The only point of putting the Lucasfilm logo in this fashion (not just the logo that would make more sense and not duplicate the mount) is that the Indy Lucasfilm logo is going to be like this, ie, Paramount morphs into it.

logo.jpg

I think they just did that for the TV spot to save time!

Hm I suspect, that Spielberg is indeed trying to recreate that 80 style background projection look.. but why..???

But if the bluescreen work would be soo bad.. I think that one who made that negative review would have mentioned it... hm I think he didn't?

But if the bluescreen work would be soo bad.. I think that one who made that negative review would have mentioned it... hm I think he didn't?

very good point.

But that doesnt mean the movie looks good, but that he was lying and did not saw the movie...

Whoa! There is absolutely no doubt about it, Ford is either drunk or high in this hilarious interview. Watching his mannerisms, I'd say he is a little bit of both, but the cocaine is definitely the ruling party here. What the hell, he's only human.

He appears to prove the suspicion that people in their 60s' are not immune to what is on offer to them, especially when it may be offered to them on a regular basis. Harrison Ford has always been portrayed as a complete and utter square, in the media. I like how he gives two fingers to that image in this interview, even if it was wholly unintended. So what?

TGE - Who kinda respects and likes a Ford a little bit more after seeing this interview.