KotCS Soundtrack Release Australia

MattyO

For anyone who is interested, the Australian soundtrack release date for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is Saturday May 17.

As I figured, the soundtrack is being released the weekend before the film premieres, which is generally what happens in Australia (i.e. I got my copy of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 the Saturday before the film came out). I am incredibly excited. Two weeks tomorrow!

I just pre-ordered my copy from JB HiFi in Perth, WA.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait until it's in stores here in America. There's something about walking into a store, searching through a number of CDs, and victoriously finding the one you're looking for. I'll get it on May 20th, but I don't think I'll listen until after I've seen the film (a day later).

Because I know you were all dying to know about my purchasing plan.

How'd you preorder the CD? It's not listed on their website! ;)

I had to go in-store. They rarely have things listed on their website unless its already on the shelves or its a special offer.

Good. Can't wait to buy the soundtrack album when it comes out in stores here.

When they are going to put up the sample clips on the net? Are they just going to put it up around the time when they are going to release the album? Must be very close to hearing the samples clips soon. Probably be exclusive first listen on soundtack.net.

Damn you! Three days before it's officially released in the US and the rest of the world?

How come the movie opens on the same day everywhere, but the soundtrack's being released on different days?

I'll get KotCS the day before people in the US ;) I'm getting it delivered to work actually, so I won't have to wait until the end of the day to listen.

Oh the joys of traditional CD release dates...

The girl at the desk who I ordered it off said it would probably be between $25 and $30, but she doesn't know for sure. I, too got Revenge of the Sith from JB for i thing $21.99, I think as a promotion with the free DVD (A Musical Journey). We might be lucky and get the same kind of deal for Indy IV (I know in the past that if the soundtrack is being released in store on schedule then it is usually at a promotional price, for instance last year they had The Simpsons Movie, PotC: AWE, Transformers and Harry Potter 5 at reduced prices the day they came out).

The way I see it though is I don't mind paying $30 for new John Williams material, especially if its Indiana Jones, and especially especially if we're technically getting it early before the film's release. A reduced price is a bonus.

Hmmmm, at this point KotCS has become for me the most anticipated JW score ever.

Previously it has been PoA, then RotS.

Can't wait! ;)

Looks like I'll be paying a visit to Demonoid.com on May 17 then.

I will of course be purchasing the album shortly after, over here in the UK.

The Sanity/HMV website now has it listed:

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/product.asp?sku=2108931

$29.99 is typical for them. JB HiFi will probably undercut them by at least $5. Borders may also have it for a lower price. I've got discount vouchers for both Sanity/HMV and Borders, so I'm hoping one or both of their initial prices is lower so I can get a good deal.

There's a bunch of online stores at the same price, but they don't seem to be shipping till the 19th. The actual release date seems to be Friday the 16th, not the Saturday.

Well, I could take the gamble with online ordering and possibly get it within 5 days, or just go into stores on Friday and guarantee myself a copy. Either way, I'm not listening until I've seen the film a week later.

...well, okay, maybe one or two tracks.