Will you watch Indy 4 more than once in the theater?

Josh500

Will you watch Indy 4 more than once in the theater?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

• No. I will watch it only once in the theater.
    • I will (probably) watch it twice.
    • I will (probably) watch it more than twice.
    • I won't watch it in the theater.

How many times do you think will you see Indy 4 in the theaters? And with whom? ;)

I will probably watch it twice.

Once with my g/f, once with some friends. Who knows, maybe I'll go see it all by myself, as well . . . just to enjoy the score!

P.S. This is the first movie I will see in theaters this year!!!

Oh wait, that's not quite true. I saw No Country for Old Men. The 2nd movie then.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I voted for 'probably watch it twice'. However if a good dvdrip or screener is leaked onto the net shortly after my first cinema outing then I'll just download it and watch it at home to my heart's content.

If it is in the range of the quality of Raiders and TOD then quite possibly yes.

If its the quality of Least Crusade, only once

If I like it enough to see it more than once, I will. If I don't, I won't.

Just like any other movie...

Perfectly put.

Probably twice, maybe three times if I really love it. And it also depends how long it'll stay in theatres.

I'll go with my brother probably just once.

We both have unlimited cards so cost isn't an issue, but I've never seen a film twice since The Two Towers (once with family, once with a friend).

Unless it's so good that it totally knocks us out of our seats...

I'll watch it several times, unless it REALLY sucks. I've been waiting for this film forever!

Somehow I can't imagine that this movie sucks.

Someone who already saw it (in the industry) called it the best Indy movie since the original. So I'm almost certain this will be tons better than ToD and LC...

;)

I'll watch it several times, unless it REALLY sucks. I've been waiting for this film forever!

Somehow I can't imagine that this movie sucks.

Someone who already saw it (in the industry) called it the best Indy movie since the original. So I'm almost certain this will be tons better than ToD and LC...

;)

I am usually extra careful when reading early reviews, especially the ones stating "the best since...". I there was any truth to them, then we would have "the greatest film ever made" every few weeks.

I will probably see the film 2 or 3 times. If it is any good.

Karol

All I'm saying is, this movie will NOT be a disaster. This will be a good movie, a great movie. The best Spielberg movie EVER? Maybe, but I doubt it. I'd be satisfied if it was just "one of the best Spielberg movies." That's a VERY HIGH STANDARD already.

The last time I recall having the similar that you have right now was two years ago, before Superman Returns...

Indy probably won't be a disaster. I'm not just certain how good it can be. Too much time has passed...

Karol

More than once

First viewing to enjoy the film as much as possible

At least 2 more viewings to get a scope of the unreleased music

I voted for once only. If its good I'll try and see it a second time, but I haven't liked the footage I've seen so far so my answer is probably only once.

, but I haven't liked the footage I've seen so far

I detest Harrisons looking straight into the camera and saying "Damn thought that was closer" he breaks the fourth wall for one thing and he never made such a blatant comment during a fight scene in the other movies. A couple of the shots are very ambitious effects CGI shots (what happened to the B-movie feel?), the one of the temple collapsing some of the chase footage for example, very Jurassic Park like or I should say Lost World like. None of the jokes and one-liners are funny/witty and have fanfilm written all over them. I have no idea what to make of Shia's character, haven't seen enough of him to make a decision but I just hope he doesn't steal scenes or tries to steal scenes from Harrison. And I hope even more that there isn't two hours worth of "I'm too old for this sh!t" jokes.

Apart from the fourth wall comment: YAWN. A 100% yawn. A yawn which no knows no boundaries. An invincible, timeless yawn.

As soon as you complained about the use of CG I knew you were a lost case and that constructive, no, optimistic discussion with you would fall on deaf ears.

One thing I will say though: An Indiana Jones movie has never looked like, nor FELT like a B-Movie. Don't kid yourself.

Next!

Once with my dad and brother (It's a family thing to see movies like this (Star Wars, Indy etc)) once with friends just for fun and possibly all by myself to fully enjoy the film without having to speak with anyone :( been waiting my whole life to see a new indy experience!

Apart from the fourth wall comment: YAWN. A 100% yawn. A yawn which no knows no boundaries. An invincible, timeless yawn.

KM asked me a question, I answered it. My comments are based only on what the trailer showed us, not on the final film. Why so defensive?

As soon as you complained about the use of CG I knew you were a lost case and that constructive, no, optimistic discussion with you would fall on deaf ears.

Those are observations and just because they aren't optimistic doesn't mean they aren't constructive and it doesn't mean I have "deaf ears" with regards to this film. Judging by your banner, it seems any true critique of the film will fall on deaf ears since it is not optimistic.

All I saw was a trailer, I make no judgments. I don't like overuse of CGI, if it is used sparingly it is a great tool. If it is overused it is a crutch for lazy filmmakers. Who knows how much CGI will be in the final film so it remains to be seen if it will enhance the story or bring it down. Besides, all I said was that they were ambitious shots, not that they were good or bad. There's no reason to attack me personally, ease up a bit. I just reread my own comments and no, there was no complaining in there. What part of "I'll see it a second time if I like it" don't you understand? It means I can't know if I'll like it until I've seen it.

Once with my dad and brother (It's a family thing to see movies like this (Star Wars, Indy etc)) once with friends just for fun and possibly all by myself to fully enjoy the film without having to speak with anyone :( been waiting my whole life to see a new indy experience!

That's possible too, some family members will probably want to see it with me. I saw the Star Wars prequels a bunch of extra times because my family and some friends wanted me to go with them.

Judging by your banner, it seems any true critique of the film will fall on deaf ears since it is not optimistic.

Would it help if I changed my sig to a pic of a big cock? Surely that would write that part of your argument off...

I didn't 'attack' you, I merely pointed out that what you said was the typical response of someone stuck in the old days. 80s' film making to be precise.

But anyway forget, I'm a little tipsy (coz it's my birthday!) and I'm sat here getting slightly annoyed that I'm still sat here typing to you and people are late for the planned night on the town. It's nearly 9pm damn it! I'm gonna kill those guys, though it's perfectly typical actually. Anyway, don't take my comments to heart :(

I didn't 'attack' you, I merely pointed out that what you said was the typical response of someone stuck in the old days. 80s' film making to be precise.

OK, you make some very broad assumptions about me and my opinions, and you were being quite negative about it (Yawn, deaf ears etc). As for being stuck in the 80s filmmaking mode, my DVD collection would disagree with you. But I do like when film franchises are consistent to some degree and being that the Indiana Jones series is rooted in the 1980s I would like it if any additional sequels didn't have a completely different look and feel to them, call me crazy. It's the same reason I don't like Harrisons comment after crashing into the truck, it didn't feel like the style of the previous movies and was way out of character to me. In similar situations in the other films, its a glance, a grimace or a muttering of "oh sh!t" not a line delivered right at the audience.

I can understand the criticism of the line to some degree (it works for me, although a simply look would've sufficed), but he's clearly not breaking the fourth wall--he's talking to himself. And I don't see any reason to think that this is going to be one big "I'm old now!"

You didn't like the "Come on, genius" bit? Or "Always glad to help"? It seems like you're expecting them to deliver the best dialogue of the film, and I don't see that happening in a fast-paced trailer or TV spot. In fact, I can't tell what kind of dialogue you're expecting from the trailer.

As far as the look and style, I admit I would like if it was more apparently emulating the look of the originals, but there was a certain amount of fluctuation from film to film in the originals as well. I recently watched Last Crusade after seeing TOD, and I remember being almost disappointed at how sharp it looked in comparison to the lushness of TOD. But there are some shots that just look great to me--the "Come on, genius" bit is one, and I particularly like that shot of them driving the motorcycle through the pavilion in the new TV spot.

I'll be picketing the theaters with placards enblazened with "Indy4 sucks"

twice I suppose :)

I don't like overuse of CGI, if it is used sparingly it is a great tool. If it is overused it is a crutch for lazy filmmakers. Who knows how much CGI will be in the final film so it remains to be seen if it will enhance the story or bring it down.

According to Spielberg, a couple of hundred shots.

I can understand the criticism of the line to some degree (it works for me, although a simply look would've sufficed), but he's clearly not breaking the fourth wall--he's talking to himself. And I don't see any reason to think that this is going to be one big "I'm old now!"

Watch it again but keep an eye on the two military dudes sitting in the truck. They sit there while Indy delivers the line and punches them. The action actually pauses so he can say the line. You are exactly right, a look or a grunt would have sufficed. Last Crusade is plagued with too much humor, I see this film continuing that trend. Harrison is old now, I'm sure they will play that up, as it is there are already a couple references to his age in the trailer.

You didn't like the "Come on, genius" bit? Or "Always glad to help"? It seems like you're expecting them to deliver the best dialogue of the film, and I don't see that happening in a fast-paced trailer or TV spot. In fact, I can't tell what kind of dialogue you're expecting from the trailer.

The "come on genius" thing is very sitcom-y. I call it "instant contradiction", one character says one thing and another character immediately proves them completely wrong and throws in a one-liner. It's a very tiresome gag in comedy writing that is rarely funny anymore. Like I said, that's the kind of lame writing you see on sitcoms. Not only that, it was so predictable. As soon as Shia tells Indy that the cave ended or whatever, you knew Indy was going to do something like that, open up a wall or trapdoor. As for trailers, they typically throw in the best lines in a trailer to make it appealing.

The "come on genius" thing is very sitcom-y. I call it "instant contradiction", one character says one thing and another character immediately proves them completely wrong and throws in a one-liner. It's a very tiresome gag in comedy writing that is rarely funny anymore. Like I said, that's the kind of lame writing you see on sitcoms. Not only that, it was so predictable. As soon as Shia tells Indy that the cave ended or whatever, you knew Indy was going to do something like that, open up a wall or trapdoor. As for trailers, they typically throw in the best lines in a trailer to make it appealing.

its possible that the proffesor this is a dead end scene and come on genius scene are not the same.

If it's good I'll definately go see it twice. It'll only be the second movie I've seen this year after Cloverfield.

John- who thinks "Damn, I thought that was closer!" is a great comic moment keeping with the Indy tradition and doesn't recall him looking straight to camera when saying it

its possible that the proffesor this is a dead end scene and come on genius scene are not the same.

You're right, that's entirely possible. It seems to be the same scene though, but I hope the writing is better than that.

Lucky me. Being the manager of the projection booth at my thatre, not only will I watch it twice on the night before it opens, I'll be on the clock while doing so -- "checking the prints for problems," of course.

Unlucky me, of course, if the movie is no good.

Not that I'm worried. The new trailer is terrific. The first one smelled to me like Spielberg and Lucas were merely claiming to have made a new Indy movie; the new trailer smells like Spielberg and Lucas really did make a new Indy movie.

If it's good I'll definately go see it twice. It'll only be the second movie I've seen this year after Cloverfield.

John- who thinks "Damn, I thought that was closer!" is a great comic moment keeping with the Indy tradition and doesn't recall him looking straight to camera when saying it

He absolutely does NOT look right at the camera when he delivers that line. He's very obviously just talking to himself (and doing the old looking into nothingness thing).

And I love that line too.

The "come on genius" thing is very sitcom-y. I call it "instant contradiction", one character says one thing and another character immediately proves them completely wrong and throws in a one-liner. It's a very tiresome gag in comedy writing that is rarely funny anymore.

Oh dear.

Clearly it's gonna take a miracle for you to even like this movie.

Clearly it's gonna take a miracle for you to even like this movie.

Cue Miracle of the Ark

"It's BEAUTIFUL!" <head explodes>

I was watching all the web featurettes last night and thoroughly enjoying them, especially when Steven introduced Marion Ravenwood.

• 3 weeks later...