May 6th Intrada Release....

Ollie

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...41&start=75

Scroll down to Doug Fake's post.

Hmmm could my prediction come true? Perhaps a trip back in time? :)

I believe Doug also mentioned in previous posts that the movie was a huge hit, the composer is involved......

"There's a big orchestra in it. Okay, and the movie was a big hit. Actually, the orchestra is really big - there are multiple tuba parts and even stuff for baritone horn players - as well as ninety other musicians. (How sad they all get mixed down to just two channels!)"

If it's not what I think it is then what else had a huge brass section with a still alive composer and a popular film?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it, it might just be the first one since it never had an offical score only release.

EDIT:!!!! I remember watching the making of BTTF on DVD the other day and Robert Zemeckis stated that the orchestra had 90 musicians to it and it was the largest of its time.

All the other composers are getting "that will never be released in a million years " releases,so it could be BttF.

Okay I edited my post but thought I'd post it again... I remember watching BTTF on DVD the other day the making of portions and Robert Zemeckis said the orchestra was 90 musicians and that it was the largest of its time.

Seriously...... :)

Spider-Man 3?

I honestly gave that some thought as well, also considered Species. When they mentioned composer involvement my first thought was Bruce Broughton.

But didn't Spiderman 3 get terrible reviews? This one's supposed to be "a big hit."

I don't think they said "big critical hit." With a domestic box office gross of $336,530,303, that's arguably a "big hit."

More from Fake:

Hey, we did use piccolo trumpets on a couple of cues. Okay? And I suppose you can almost refer to the baritones as Wagner tubas - I repeat almost - inasmuch as both sound similar to euphoniums. Which is what the composer had in mind.

I hope my enthusiasm doesn't once again just send people off looking for the moon.
But if you like hearing musical forces like this, especially with all these extra brass players, you should get your fill. Since I love low brass in particular, this one tickles me. The low end stuff (bass trombone, contra-bass trombone, multiple tubas and whatnot) really drive all these action cues home!

Well Roger just posted this on FSM

I can assure you we are not releasing the symphonic band arrangement of BTTF...or any other version!

So Steef, maybe it might be Moonraker or Apollo 13.

Ahh well it was a shot in the dark. The clues looked like it might be BTTF.

I wonder if the Right Stuff might qualify?

Hmm or maybe it's ID4????? :P Intrada didn't say how many discs it was. ;)

What made me consider that (aside from the other prediction) was the mention of baritones or Wagnerian tubas - Young mentioned in an interview that he used about 8 of em. I think he said it was for Venom's theme (which I really liked BTW, didn't get enough of it).

Did not sound particulary brassy though, not more then most action blockbusters.

Seemed pretty brassy to me, especially Harry Attacks Peter.

Not BttF? Too bad. That would've been really nice. Let's hope it's something else good then. Spiderman 3 or Moonraker hold no interest for me and my interest in Apollo 13 is also extremely minor.

Spidey 3 would be awesome - I absolutely adore that score. However, if it didn't receive an initial release for whatever reasons, I doubt those issues have magically cleared up.

BTTF would also be good, although I personally feel it's a bit overrated just because it's unreleased.

Why Apollo 13? There's already a CD out there, albeit interspersed with dialogue, and I believe the promo only has a few extra cues.

I wouldn't mind Independence Day. :P

Back to the Future needs to be released at some point.

I don't know Spiderman 3 at all. Haven't seen the film and don't plan to. Based on what I've seen and heard, they went exactly in the direction I hoped they wouldn't based on the ending of Spiderman 2. Too bad. ;)

Apollo 13 doesn't seem like a big action score.

I begining to think it may be something by Chris Young, although Spiderman 3 is the only big hit he's scored that hasn't had a release.

I haven't heard Doug mention whether it was a 2 disc set or single disc. It would have to be a 2 disc for ID4.

after the fiasco release 'sci fi that is a must for everyone' being some old tv series, i wouldnt put my expectatives too high.

What are you talking about?

:P "ALIEN 3" ...

Alien 3 wasn't a hit.

Doubt it's The Matrix complete score. Spider-Man 3 did have a lot of action cues in it and it was brassy indeed. Especially as Mr. Movies pointed out Harry Attacks Peter and the cue when Harry and Peter fight with out the suits was pretty brassy in a way.

Spider-Man 3 definitely deserves a score only release.

Something to think about tho- is Sony in the habit of giving out soundtrack rights to other labels? I mean, they have their own label, don't they? (sorry, I'm uninformed on this front)

I don't remember what happened but Sony wasn't able to release a score only CD for Spider-Man 3. I don't think they really have the rights for the score for Young's music. I can see Intrada releasing it though since they're a signature thing for Young.

They never gave out a reason as I recall, but it might have had to do with the multiple composers and cue replacements.

IMO, the best way to go about it (if they do, of course) is Chris Young's score proper - with replacement cues at the end (a la Alien) if it's convienent.

after the fiasco release 'sci fi that is a must for everyone' being some old tv series, i wouldnt put my expectatives too high.

What are you talking about?

ok it may have been la la land.

You know that release on month ago that made people even think that it could be the prequels or some star trek

You aren't and didn't pay attention.

LaLaLand had 3 releases coming, one of them was the TV series. So far they've released one.

They never gave out a reason as I recall, but it might have had to do with the multiple composers and cue replacements.

IMO, the best way to go about it (if they do, of course) is Chris Young's score proper - with replacement cues at the end (a la Alien) if it's convienent.

When the announcement came from MTFM, the article speculated it might be due to 'legal and financial issues', so I'm guessing the repeated situation of multiple composers probably did have something to do with it.

A wild guess is that Sony made the effort with Elfman since he did the first movie and is well known - Young's not such a big seller so maybe they didn't see it worth sorting everything out. Who knows.

But yes, if it is SM:3, I hope they do it properly (everything he wrote + alternates). Do that and I'm buying the CD.

I agree Rich, I too would buy it I'm sure Intrada would do it properly though having all of Young's score only plus alternates if there are any at the end of the score.

We don't need Debney's or Lurie's material on the release since we know that theirs has all ready leaked. I'd just prefer a score only release of Young's music only.

I was only aware of 2 promos, one containing what Lurie did, and the other containing some of Young's music. Is there another promo or is Debney's music on one of the others?

Edit - I just found 6 tracks apparently by Debney on soulseek.

I was only aware of 2 promos, one containing what Lurie did, and the other containing some of Young's music. Is there another promo or is Debney's music on one of the others?

Edit - I just found 6 tracks apparently by Debney on soulseek.

I've had these tracks for a little while as well, and was wondering if anyone had the titles. They have the placement numbers, but I was wondering if anyone knew what actual scenes they were attached to.

And if this release is actually Spider-Man 3, I imagine it would have to be a joint release rather than just Young's compositions, as so many people had a hand in putting together this score.

If it was Back To The Future I may have actually bought it, but since it isn't, I won't.

John Williams, James Newton Howard, Michael Giacchino, Danny Elfman. Those are the only 4 composers from which I will buy every score. From a certain point though, I'm not going back to get all the crap JNH and DE did in their early years, trading for them is just as good. I should say any future releases.

For Debney's promos, there are two cues I know of: the first track (1M05A) is the little stinger and then replacement for 'Web' on Chris Young's promo (seriously - line the tracks up just right and mute the middle part of Harry in Lab - Web - Meteor, and it synchs up perfectly). 3M30 is when Peter leaves a message for MJ after the failed dinner. The others... no idea.

And as for what you're saying about a joint release, I respectfully disagree - Lurie and Debney (and Bartek?)'s are just compositions adapted from Elfman material. Besides, it may only be a one-disc erlease (here's hoping not), that space would be better served towards Chris Young's cues that didn't make his promo.