Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

3 minutes ago, Permanent Waves said:

Would there be anything other than stereo anyway?

If they transferred the multi-tracks and remixed the scores into 7.1, absolutely.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if this fits this thread, but the FM-Towns version of Lucasfilm Games' "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" featured that weird re-recording of the soundtrack, played by a smaller ensemble:

On 05/07/2022 at 8:15 AM, Laserschwert said:

I'm not sure if this fits this thread, but the FM-Towns version of Lucasfilm Games' "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" featured that weird re-recording of the soundtrack, played by a smaller ensemble:

Some of these seem like cue splits that we'd later dicover would turn out to be authentic (Scherzo's discrete intro, for instance).

Is it possible that the split for the boat chase (In the video, it'd be 7:13 Escape From Venice and 22:16 Canyon Of The Crescent Moon) is also authentic?

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Bespin said:

No need to get the fonts, just copy and paste the letters!

Sure, but having the font to replace the whole "TEMPLE OF DOOM" portion might have resulted in a cleaner result.

On 05/07/2022 at 11:15 AM, Laserschwert said:

These arrangers must have had access to the sheet music. No way they could transcribe "On the Tank" by ear from a VHS containing dialogue and SFX.

4 hours ago, Drew said:

These arrangers must have had access to the sheet music. No way they could transcribe "On the Tank" by ear from a VHS containing dialogue and SFX.

It's actually the last cue of the tank chase, which was released as the last half of the OST track Belly Of The Steel Beast.

While this cue could very well have been called On The Tank as well, I wouldn't take the track titles in this video at face value, as there are many tracks with mismatched titles.  (X Marks The Spot and Ah Rats, for instance)

Is everything heard on that video part of the original 1989 soundtrack album? I'm guessing not because the Scherzo/Motorcycle cue(s) has an extra measure or two. And Ah Rats uses a different cue.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Almost every cue included in that LucasArts re-recording are the same cues missing from the common sheet music leak, strangely enough

common sheet music leak?

10 hours ago, Drew said:

Is everything heard on that video part of the original 1989 soundtrack album? I'm guessing not because the Scherzo/Motorcycle cue(s) has an extra measure or two. And Ah Rats uses a different cue.

Everything in the FM Towns re-recording are cues that appear in the OST, though that final Raiders March arrangement is unique I suppose

9 hours ago, enderdrag64 said:

common sheet music leak?

Yea

10 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

I believe @Drew first noticed this, but @Jay, check it out: every cue re-recorded here is missing from the sheet music leak of TLC.

On 05/08/2022 at 5:09 PM, Jay said:

Almost every cue included in that LucasArts re-recording are the same cues missing from the common sheet music leak, strangely enough

Coincidence?

I have no idea.

We don't even know if the TLC multitracks were found after they were last seen stored in Ben Burtt's office. Complete lunacy. 

And all the stories about missing tapes for Star Wars send a shiver up the spine. 

Does anyone know why we got the alternate/non film version of the map/out of fuel cue in ToD?

Was the producer just trying to be accommodating to include "more music" since they were never going to release everything from the film?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

1. I-6 "A Thought For Marion / To Nepal" joins 3M2 Thinking Of Marion with 3M3 To Tibet (they aren't joined in the film)

At 0:48ish? That’s not joined in the film? Or are you getting this mixed up with TLC’s map scene where they edited on “X Marks the Spot”?

On 11/08/2022 at 1:19 PM, Jay said:
  1. I-21 "Washington Ending / Raiders March" joins 12M2 End Credits Part 1 with 12M2 End Credits Part 2 in a way that is both different from how the film joins them and different from how they were meant to be joined

How were these cues originally supposed to be joined, if you don't mind my asking?  I've seen you say this before and I'm actually kind-of curious what you mean by this.

if Jay is anything like me, I’ve forgotten if the tracks were joined on the Concord or the DCC because I am so familiar with my personal edit. 

I think the film version skips a few bars of the Raiders March when the credits roll over the warehouse.  I hope any new edition makes it more musically pleasing. 

Aren't there, like, 4 different edits of the Raiders March? The album version, the film version of the end credits, the Concord version of the end credits, and the abridged version on Concord disc 4.

1 hour ago, Cameron007 said:

Aren't there, like, 4 different edits of the Raiders March? The album version, the film version of the end credits, the Concord version of the end credits, and the abridged version on Concord disc 4.

On 18/01/2022 at 6:11 PM, Jay said:

Basically John Williams wrote a six minute cue called 12M2 End Credits Part 2.

He put the entire 6 minute cue as the first track of the score album and titled it "Raiders of the Lost Ark" there.

Him and/or some music editor or something crafted some weird 2 1/2 minute cut-down version to end the album for unknown reasons, and titled that track "The Raiders March".

For the final film, Spielberg had to edit out small sections of the 6 minute cue to fit the runtime, including dropping the entire coda.

Williams published "The Raiders March" sheet music for orchestras to plays in concert, that was the original 6 minute cue, except without the coda included.

The DCC album made 2 all-new edits of that six minute cue -- a short edit that removed Marion's theme but kept the coda to open the album, and the full cue without the coda to end the album.  This second edit matches the popular concert / re-recordings track, and closely resembled the film's own end credits (which as mentioned also dropped the coda)

The Concord album ended with the full six minute cue.  The fifth disc in the box set opened with the OST's weird 2 1/2 minute edit.

Apologies if these were shared earlier in this thread. (In fact they could be from someone on this forum lol) But this is the best quality I’ve ever heard any of these unreleased cues from TOD before. Hardly any soundFX from what I can tell…

This “Mola Rams Speech” cue. Holy Crap. That choir…

1 minute ago, Roll the Bones said:

Isolated score cues leaked a while back i thought?

Whaaaaa?? For reals? I didn’t know that. I’ve only heard DVD rips with a bunch of SFX on them.

I will say this same YouTube Channel has a Last Crusade playlist but all the missing/unreleased cues are from the famous “Toilet bowl” bootleg. But the TOD one hasn’t sounded like this before. 

13 minutes ago, Brando said:

Hey hey...thats my YT channel ;)

I was sent a folder containing a bunch of tracks that sounded so great...and that was one of them. And I still have no concrete answer as to where they came from. If you go to the playlist and scroll down you can hear the full end credits too, even though I think the film uses a different take or is mixed differently.

Yes yes...toilet bowel is accurate. I found a folder also which contained the 'film version' of the Koenigrattzer March, even though I have no idea if that is the actual version or a mockup, but it sounded a lot a lot better than the film rips. And the Holy Grail  cue was ripped by @Manakin Skywalkerand it sounded just slightly, and I mean just slightly better than the leak, so I listen to that instead. There's also a lot of older edits on there, back when I was still learning how to edit music, so don't judge too hard:lol:

Oh cool! I figured it had to be some dedicated fan from this forum haha. Seriously though. Those TOD tracks are terrific. “The Old Priest/The Child Returns” has some of my favorite unreleased moments. More of the eerie choir. The terrific haunting percussion when Indy gets the Sankara scroll from the child. The way the “Slave Childrens Crusade” builds into the Elephant Ride/Short Round theme fanfare. Williams magic. So thanks for sharing! 🙏🙏🙏