Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

On 16/08/2022 at 8:55 PM, Brando said:

You're welcome! I had lots of fun editing and uploading everything to YT. Hearing those cues without sfx really makes your desire for an expanded release soar. 

I do enjoy listening to your film edits, myself

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

I understand both sides. However, if the specific take heard in the film ISN'T available anywhere, then I'd say they should try to include it. For example, the song 'All Alone on Christmas' by Darlene Love from Home Alone 2. The specific take used in the film can only be heard in the film and in the music video. All of the albums have a different ending, so the music video version can only be listened to there outside of the film. They should try to do the same with the one song heard in the jail in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, since that hasn't been found in good quality to my knowledge.

I have it has a couple of pops and clicks but no hiss 

Oh there were several people explicitly criticising the Potter set for including that non-JW trailer cue right at the end because it ruined their listening experience.

My feeling is merely that they shouldn't feel compelled to include material like that, but if there's space and the cost isn't prohibitive, there's no harm in it.

I thought our problem with that was that it's just a weak non-JW cue plus a bad sounding JW repeat, instead of more still unreleased Azkaban material.

Sure, but as you literally just said, there's no harm in including things like that right at the end of a bonus section which you're free to ignore.

I'd find most of those Raiders source cues annoying to listen to in their entirety like some people found the PoA cue annoying. I'd argue therefore that if there's support for potentially including the former, the same should apply to the latter. An album producer shouldn't have to think about the potential audience for a cue when deciding whether to include it.

4 hours ago, jacksparrow900 said:

I have it has a couple of pops and clicks but no hiss 

Interestingly it's available on Qobuz in lossless, but apparently only available if you have a card issued in Mexico(?). I tried using a VPN alone and still no dice. :pat:

EDIT: For anyone interested...

https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/lo-mejor-de-juan-arvizu-juan-arvizu/0886444234603

"A Solas" is the track in question.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

The entire page disappears for me after about a second. I suppose it's just not available only in the US then... strange.

EDIT: I got it to finally work with my VPN, but I had to go through a ton of hoops.

• 3 months later...

Is there a reason why the film version of "The Departure" from KOTCS is listed as an alternate? Was it not originally intended to be the film version, perhaps?

10 hours ago, Cameron007 said:

Is there a reason why the film version of "The Departure" from KOTCS is listed as an alternate? Was it not originally intended to be the film version, perhaps?

In this case it probably means "here's another (alternate) option"

20 hours ago, Cameron007 said:

The person that uploaded the sessions originally made up many of the cue titles and mislabeled some. I was given the original CD files that they originated from and they were all untitled, hence the uploader had to name the files themself. I went back and renamed the files myself earlier this year using the real cue titles.

20 hours ago, Cameron007 said:

Re-reading this now, I'm pretty certain the film uses both versions actually, and on top of that, the film takes aren't in the sessions leak, as with a lot of the other cues I've noticed.

1 minute ago, Brando said:

Re-reading this now, I'm pretty certain the film uses both versions actually, and on top of that, the film takes aren't in the sessions leak, as with a lot of the other cues I've noticed.

They're all correct as far as I can tell. Aside from a couple missing inserts of course.

1 minute ago, Cameron007 said:

Ah, so I should refer to the cue list to get the proper titles?

Yes.

Just now, Brando said:

How do the film takes differ? I thought we had pretty much everything.

I lined up cues and they don't match, and I made sure to listen for editing, and I didn't hear any. Off the top of my head, Departure was one of them. I tried lining it up several ways after the edits and it would sync and then un-sync.

3 minutes ago, Brando said:

Re-reading this now, I'm pretty certain the film uses both versions actually

FYI the "film version" on the sessions leak is identical up until the very ending. It was written as an extension.

Just now, Brando said:

I lined up cues and they don't match, and I made sure to listen for editing, and I didn't hear any.

Did you factor in NTSC speed changes?

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

FYI the "film version" on the sessions leak is identical up until the very ending. It was written as an extension.

Did you factor in NTSC speed changes?

I thought I noticed that they sounded the same until the end. This confirms it. And what's NTSC?

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

I thought that was for older movies?

It seems to affect most movies. Even for the Star Wars ST I had to make slight speed changes to the FYC tracks.

1 minute ago, Cameron007 said:

I thought I noticed that they sounded the same until the end. This confirms it. And what's NTSC?

There's a much more complex and detailed explanation, but in essence it's the difference between the native framerate (24fps) and NTSC-compliant speed changes (23.976fps, or 29.97fps for DVDs).

Maybe that's the case, but Idk, I figured the leak just didn't have the film take for some cues cause they downloaded or grabbed the wrong one

1 minute ago, Brando said:

Maybe that's the case, but Idk, I figured the leak just didn't have the film take for some cues cause they downloaded or grabbed the wrong one

Cues are made up of multiple takes, so these should have been pre-mixed.

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing. Rather a nitpick, but regarding Raiders: is 6m2 "Discovering the Script" or "Discovering the Seriph"? I've seen it listed as both.

What even is a seriph, for that matter?

In all seriousness, here's what it says on the conductor's score, and your interpretation of which word it is is as valid as anyone's!

image.png

The cue list is also not uploaded into GEMA, so that can't be used a resource to get a definitive answer.

Williams' original sketches haven't leaked either.

2 hours ago, Cameron007 said:

One other thing. Rather a nitpick, but regarding Raiders: is 6m2 "Discovering the Script" or "Discovering the Seriph"? I've seen it listed as both.

What even is a seriph, for that matter?

Well, a seraph is a type of angel, though it's not the same kind that sits atop the ark of the covenant. Those are cherubs or cherubim.

1 minute ago, A. A. Ron said:

Well, a seraph is a type of angel, though it's not the same kind that sits atop the ark of the covenant. Those are cherubs or cherubim.

Hmm. I wonder if that's what it's supposed to mean, even if it is inaccurate, as many of Williams' titles are. I mean, "Indie Rescues the Ark" for instance? He definitely doesn't rescue it in that scene.