Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

I'm not familiar with the game: what are you talking about now:

ShanghaiShowdown intro or TD Shanghai A Act 0.30 to 1.00?

Not sure if this is the place to talk about it...

I downloaded a torrent over at *******

It's the same source as the FSM Podcast 100% for sure. It's got Anything Goes without the singing. Water! is of great quality, with just a little added reverb. I mean it's minuscule, it almost feels as the bootleg was recorded with mics at the real source playing in a room. There's no FX at all.

POST EDITED

This forum does not support Torrent sites!

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15339

Does it have any unreleased music that can't be gotten from the game SFX free? Anything Goes can be ripped from the DVD without the vocals pretty easily.

POST EDITED:

This forum does not support torrent sites or allows any links to them!

Please read this!

1:31:12 , 16 tracks with two alternates of FX-free expanded ToD. There is a second CD with tracks that aren't FX free. The source is almost the same as the FSM Podcast, it's just a little less dry and more "wet". I just compared the two. I might just be dreaming, but this is a half Holy-Grail unless everybody had the same quality already. The older bootleg I had of ToD was really crappy, so this is a giant step forward.

Judging by the description that looks like one of the old partial DVD rips that have been floating around for a while, maybe with the FSM clip incorporated. But torrents aren't my thing, I'm sure some others can check out the actual files and see what's there.

Oh no, they definately do in places. Most of the DVD rips floating around remove any music that have unremovable SFX over it, which is why I called them "partial". The clip from the FSM Podcast was not a DVD rip, it was from some source for the proper complete score, just like the recent Lego video game.

Thanks, care to tell me any place in the ToD DVD rips that has FX to compare with this version? On the British Army DVD Rip I was told there was FX impossible to remove, yet on that bootleg it's all music.

Yeah, that must be a new one that stuck the clip from the podcast in.

As far as DVD rips, the cues off the top of my head that have a decent amount of SFX are the whole sequence in the place between Fast Streets of Shanghai and Slalom on Mt. Humol (engine noise), the tunnel cue between Nocturnal Activities and Big Tunnel and Death Trap has some cave-appropriate water dripping, and most of the "underground" cues from the second half of the score are the most SFX-laden (Indy tortured and drinking blood, Willie's sacrifice and rescue, and the escape between Slave Children's Crusade and the mine cart sequence).

The bootleg is a year old. Before the FSM Podcast!

I'm confused, but I'm probably wrong. I wish I could upload a file for somebody with better understanding of the score than me.

yet on that bootleg it's all music

You can spot it yourself too: on most 'sfx-less' dvd-rips, that fragment is edited and looped: you don't hear the material from the FSM thing (because there's a gun shot there or something). So check your boot against the FSM material, that should do it (unless it has incorporated that clip of course, but you said it's a year old).

PLEASE NOTE:

Links to Torrent sites or mentions thereof are not allowed. This not only includes links to illegal copies of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but other bootleg scores as well!

As for this thread, make sure you keep it to discussion of the files only. Public distribution or requests thereof are not allowed!

Did anyone make a mix of the newly discovered music from LEGO Indiana Jones and the low-SFX expanded edition for ToD yet? If so, could you tell me how you did it? I'd be very interested in having such a version, so some editing instructions allowing me to do it myself woud be welcome. :|

There is an expanded score with no SFX that is fantastically done. I'm not expert on ToD though, so I don't know how complete it is, but there's no SFX, it's expanded, and it's pretty high quality, better than any bootleg I've heard before. But you guys probably know about this one, I'm assuming? I don't know much about the history of ToD releases.

The expanded version does contain some slight SFX, but not much. However, it does not include the music found in the LEGO Indiana Jones game. That's why it'd be fun to combine the two to make a better expanded ToD still.

Can someone elaborate on how to edit the LEGO Indiana Jones tracks into the expanded version?

I have posted below what I know so far. Obviously I have rather a lot of questions, such as which parts of the tracks should be used and which parts of the tracks are from elsewhere or are original game music? And in what order should the tracks be used and where should they go in the expanded edition's tracks?

Any help would be most appreciated.

01 - Anything Goes

From OST

02 - Anything Goes Fanfare

From expanded edition

03 - Nurhachi Diamond Deal

From expanded edition

04 - Fast Streets of Shanghai

From OST

05 - Over the Himalayas

MAP TEMPLEOFDOOM

06 - Slalom on Mt. Humol/The Village

From OST/expanded edition

07 - They Stole the Children (Alternate)

TD PANKOTSECRETS A QUI/TD PANKOTSECRETS B QUI (not sure about order)

TD_KALISTEMPLE_B_QUI (not sure about order)

08 - Fortune and Glory

From expanded edition

TD FREETHESLAVES A QUI (where?)

09 - The Trek

From OST

10 - Welcome to Pankot Palace

From expanded edition

11 - Palace Dinner

From expanded edition

12 - Nocturnal Activities

From OST

13 - Bug Tunnel and Death Trap

From OST

14 - The Thuggee Ceremony

From OST

TD KALISTEMPLE B ACT (where?)

15 - Stealing the Stones

From expanded edition

16 - The Blood of Khali

From expanded edition

17 - Short Round's Escape

From expanded edition

18 - Underground Chaos

From expanded edition

TD FREETHESLAVES D ACT (where?)

19 - The Mine Car Chase

From OST

20 - The Bridge, Finale and End Credits

- TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE A ACT

- From expanded edition

- TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE C QUI (I don't have this track - not sure about order)

- TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE D QUI (not sure about order)

- TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE E QUI (not sure about order)

- TD_KALISTEMPLE_B_QUI (not sure about order)

- From expanded edition

- FSM_Podcast_031

- From expanded edition

- From OST

21 - Anything Goes (Instrumental)

From expanded edition

22 - Parade of the Slave Children (Concert Suite)

From "Williams on Williams"

Did anyone make a mix of the newly discovered music from LEGO Indiana Jones and the low-SFX expanded edition for ToD yet? If so, could you tell me how you did it? I'd be very interested in having such a version, so some editing instructions allowing me to do it myself woud be welcome. :huh:

I want to, but I need to set aside some time to match each track to the film, as I'm not that exhaustively familiar with it. I've added the map music to my expanded edition, and made a couple of edits using the British fanfare from the FSM podcast, and an edit of the finale/end credits using part of the Raiders March (DCC, first track).

I did a few of the easy ones ("Over the Himalayas", "Water!", and added the "Stealing the Stones" section to my DVD rip of the first part of the cue). Haven't tried anything else yet.

i find it very unsetting that last crusade uses so much young indy movie and not music from the movie.

Maybe the master tapes are lost :P

BTW there are horses in the game :lol:

Though the classic scenes are not portrated. And las crusade needed a black horse.

i find it very unsetting that last crusade uses so much young indy movie and not music from the movie.

Maybe the master tapes are lost :P

BTW there are horses in the game :lol:

Though the classic scenes are not portrated. And las crusade needed a black horse.

Actually the music is a mess for all the games.

There is a hidden level where you play Indy's First Adventure.

Could everyone at least post some instructions on what they did do? If so, we could have a complete list in quite a short time, right? :lol:

I want to, but I need to set aside some time to match each track to the film, as I'm not that exhaustively familiar with it. I've added the map music to my expanded edition, and made a couple of edits using the British fanfare from the FSM podcast, and an edit of the finale/end credits using part of the Raiders March (DCC, first track).
The DCC version is the RotLA version, right? What did you use that for on ToD? :blink:

I personally tried to edit the ToD OST finale onto the expanded version and it's relatively good, but could be much better. I still hope some day someone will do it better. :)

I did a few of the easy ones ("Over the Himalayas", "Water!", and added the "Stealing the Stones" section to my DVD rip of the first part of the cue). Haven't tried anything else yet.
Cool; any chance you could post some information on adding "Water!" and the music in "Stealing the Stones"? :D

Could everyone at least post some instructions on what they did do? If so, we could have a complete list in quite a short time, right? :lol:
The DCC version is the RotLA version, right? What did you use that for on ToD? :blink:

I personally tried to edit the ToD OST finale onto the expanded version and it's relatively good, but could be much better. I still hope some day someone will do it better. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ROTLA. I used the first 1:30 of it to replace the opening salvo of the Raiders March (that plays when they take the kids back to the village) that isn't present on the DVD rip I have, and then matched that up with the Slave Children's Crusade theme that plays when they give the rock back to the Shaman, then finished it with the end of the OST end credits, as the DVD rip for some reason repeats the British Fanfare at the reprise of Willie's Theme at the end of the credits. So it goes: DCC Raiders March --> DVD rip Finale/End Credits --> OST End credits.

It's not amazing, but it works for me.

Interesting. Indeed the DVD rip I have also does repeat the British fanfare. That was done by the person who made it to hide the ugly edit that is there on the DVD. On my own version I put the OST ending there instead. The edit between DVD rip and OST is still somewhat noticeable, but I do think it's better.

I have just done some work on the expanded ToD. I put TD KALISTEMPLE B ACT at the end of "Short Round's Escape", added TD BATTLEONTHEBRIDGE A ACT to the beginning of "The Bridge, Finale and End Credits" and also put the British fanfare in there.

I'm completely confused as far as "They Stole the Children" and "The Legend of Sankara" are concerned though. First of all, the tracks on the expanded edition I have are named differently. Secondly I don't have the slightest clue how to edit TD FREETHESLAVES A QUI, TD PANKOTSECRETS A QUI/TD PANKOTSECRETS B QUI and TD_KALISTEMPLE_B_QUI properly. Any help would be welcome.

After listening to yesterday's edits, the change in sound quality between various parts of the music does seem rather jarring. Would anyone care to give my attempts a listen and give me some feedback?

I don't know if anybody has done this, but has anyone taken the music from the Lego Indy game off of the PC? I was just wondering if the music there would be without sound FX.

Well, I guess my question is, does the PC music files contain sound FX because two different people sent me the files since I don't have them, and both people's files had sound FX in them.

but if you mix them well enough, you won't notice... at least, that's what I've found in my editing...

the change in quality I mean... the sfx are meh but I mean, if they DIDN'T have sfx, you'd notice the change even MORE lol

IF you mix them well enough. There you go. I can't mix them well enough. I can just do fade-ins and fade-outs and that's pretty much it. I hope somebody else might do it in my place, because my version isn't working very well. :|

• 1 month later...

Pieter - I do a fair amount of editing myself. I'm not sure exactly the problem you're having, but I often have to fiddle around with volume, getting rid of SFX etc, so if I might be able to help, let me have the files you're working on and I'll give it a shot.

I just extracted 'Rescuing Sirius' from the DVD, with almost no SFX during the door blowout bit using some channel switching/fading/volume enveloping, which gives you an idea of what I can try to do.

Hey I just got a note from a friend who emailed the concord musicgroup about the Indy Box coming out..

He told me it will be released on 14. 10. 2008, but no information about it's content. Well atleast we have a date

Hey I just got a note from a friend who emailed the concord musicgroup about the Indy Box coming out..

He told me it will be released on 14. 10. 2008, but no information about it's content. Well atleast we have a date

That's my birthday. Could it be...?

If the box includes KOTCS, I doubt it will feature new music.

It won't. There's no profit to be made. I'm convinced now that no new music for Indy or Star Wars will be officially released until I'm old.

It won't. There's no profit to be made. I'm convinced now that no new music for Indy or Star Wars will be officially released until I'm old.

there's even less profit to be made by not releasing new music since I won't be buying it .If they had any sense they would try to sell these to the new Indy fans AND the fans that already have the old c.d.'s

there's even less profit to be made by not releasing new music since I won't be buying it .If they had any sense they would try to sell these to the new Indy fans AND the fans that already have the old c.d.'s

yes.

Let us hope that Concord is not as cynical as you seem to think they are....

don't you remember? The Indy 4 OST wasn't isted on their site until uhmm 1 week after its release??

you can preorder the announced DVDs though...

Don't know why they make such a secret about soundtracks...

Just for info.. thats what he wrote my friend back

The box set is scheduled to be released on 10/14. I have no additional information in regards to what is actually being released on these soundtracks. Maybe closer to the release date or when actual copies are in my presence I may be able to give you more information.

maybe we could ask lucasfilm.. hm or just wait. ;)